Follow

Colossus

Character » Colossus appears in 7592 issues.

Piotr Rasputin is a Russian mutant who possesses the ability to transform his body into organic steel, giving him immense strength and durability. Colossus is among the physically strongest X-Men, and is a talented artist.

How Strong is Colossus?

Lindarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Lindarn

Ok I've seen him do a lot of crazy things. However, the coolest thing I've seen him do recently is Attack magneto when he's using his power to hold him down. Now I realize he was trying to help his Man-Crush wolverine, but it was impressive none-the-less. I remember Magneto lifting several massive things like oil-tankers, and things of the like. Do you think he wasn't exerting his full strength on Colossus or Colossus just exceeded his limit to hold metal down?

Anywho, Is there anyway to ball park his strength peak or does it keep increasing with his age?

Kalossus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Kalossus

Most sources I have read have put him in the 70-100 ton range. In the Ultimate X-Men book by DK Publishing it says, "Since joining the X-Men he has reached his physical peak, and he can now lift weights of over 100 tons, making him mighty enough to engage even Juggernaut in hand-to-hand combat." Colossus has always been listed as the strongest, physically, of the X-Men and if enemies keep getting tougher and new teammates come into the mix I believe he should always keep this title. Colossus and Juggernaut battles should be epic, never one-sided.

Kalossus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Kalossus

Pania says:

"Make sure to keep your Ultimate Colossus and your 616 Colossus straight. ;-)"

No, the book has nothing to do with the Ultimate universe. It just happens to be called Ultimate X-Men.

Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Pania

Make sure to keep your Ultimate Colossus and your 616 Colossus straight. The event the original poster describes is in the Ultimate universe and I'm not sure that Colossus has the same strength levels as his 616 counterpart. ;-)
    Post Edited:2008-02-02 11:47:39

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Copy

I believe its around 100 tons.

Avatar image for blue_lantern_2814
    Blue Lantern 2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Blue Lantern 2814

Kalossus says:

"Most sources I have read have put him in the 70-100 ton range. In the Ultimate X-Men book by DK Publishing it says, "Since joining the X-Men he has reached his physical peak, and he can now lift weights of over 100 tons, making him mighty enough to engage even Juggernaut in hand-to-hand combat." Colossus has always been listed as the strongest, physically, of the X-Men and if enemies keep getting tougher and new teammates come into the mix I believe he should always keep this title. Colossus and Juggernaut battles should be epic, never one-sided."

Juggs took on Colossus, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, and Banshee back in the 70's.... at the same time.

Cobalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Cobalt

Lol!!! Hey Kalossus. my girl brought me the same book three years ago for my b-day.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By Darkchild

Kalossus says:

"Most sources I have read have put him in the 70-100 ton range. In the Ultimate X-Men book by DK Publishing it says, "Since joining the X-Men he has reached his physical peak, and he can now lift weights of over 100 tons, making him mighty enough to engage even Juggernaut in hand-to-hand combat." Colossus has always been listed as the strongest, physically, of the X-Men and if enemies keep getting tougher and new teammates come into the mix I believe he should always keep this title. Colossus and Juggernaut battles should be epic, never one-sided."

yeah i thats what it said in it i have it at home

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9  Edited By Zoom

Kalossus says:

"Colossus and Juggernaut battles should be epic, never one-sided."

Ultimate Colossus/Juggernaut battles? Yes.

616 Colossus/Juggernaut battles? No.

In fact, I don't remember a single "epic" 616 Colossus/Juggernaut fight. Every single one of them has been one sided because the fact of the matter is, Colossus is not only smaller and weaker than the Juggernaut but he has no way of actually harming him.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Hadrelius

I know others have listed him at 100 tons but the last official Marvel publication I've read had him at 70 tons with the potential of reaching class 100.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By King_Saturn

Colossus has to be near class 100 strength. Maybe 80-90 ton range to be more precise

White Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By White Phantom

I read that he was strong enough to engage Juggernaut in combat by himself. Now if that's true, I don't know. But I thought I'd mention it.

Xeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Xeron
    Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Sling Shot

Blue Lantern 2814 says:

"Kalossus says:
    Juggs took on Colossus, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, and Banshee back in the 70's.... at the same time. "

Collosus was 17 then. And the caption's redudantly explained he would grow stronger with age.

Vulcanmax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Vulcanmax

Xeron says:

"class 100, after he was nearly killed and magneto restored him.
    " />http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/spotlight/showquestion.asp?faq=10&fldAuto=77&page=4"

I'm with Xeron on this.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.