How Much Does He Weigh???????

#1 Posted by pixelized (62881 posts) - - Show Bio

Monet St Croix, Whose strength maxes out around 10 tons, managed to lift Piotr with one hand... is that reasonable? 

Moderator
#2 Posted by Owen_Porter (83079 posts) - - Show Bio

500lbs. So she could easily lift him

Moderator
#3 Edited by pixelized (62881 posts) - - Show Bio

That's it while he's armored???


doesn't seem like much
Moderator
#4 Posted by Owen_Porter (83079 posts) - - Show Bio

I got it from the Marvel Encyclopedia so maybe its off.




Moderator
#5 Posted by pixelized (62881 posts) - - Show Bio

Cute.

Moderator
#6 Posted by Risky (12616 posts) - - Show Bio

Well even if fully armored he won't weigh more than perhaps three tons (which is still more than most cars) if you ask me. Depending on the denseness of his special metal it could go up to 5 tons but that should be the max. So it still would be quite easy for M to lift him.

Besides he is still able to walk on most floors and concrete without leaving imprints so he can't be that heavy.

#7 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Its rude to ask how much somebody weighs.  Jerk.

#8 Posted by the creator (8559 posts) - - Show Bio

Colossus does weigh in at 500 lbs when he trasmutes to his organic osmium steel form.
That is very light when you consider that he gains a foot in height (to 7 feet 5 inches tall) when transformed.

#9 Edited by Sling Shot (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

Also very light considering the density and weight of the element Osmium. the densest on the periodic table I believe.

#10 Posted by xerox_kitty (15760 posts) - - Show Bio

500 pounds is 35 stone, which is pretty damned heavy but still not as heavy as most vehicles.  Considering that when armoured, Colossus contains more steel than the average car, then yeah he should weigh more...


Still, I question the validity of the moron who wrote that fact file, and the editors who failed to proof read it...

@Gambler said:
" I got it from the Marvel Encyclopedia so maybe its off.


"
It says he has BLOND hair...!?!
Moderator
#11 Posted by the creator (8559 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sling Shot said:
"Also very light considering the density and weight of the element Osmium. the densest on the periodic table I believe. "

The osmium would be an alloying element in the general makeup of the steel in this case (a bit like Vanadium or Chromium is).
I did the calcs before and based on his size (and using a plain steel density figure) he should weigh around 3000 lbs If I recall correctly.
#12 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
" It says he has BLOND hair...!?!"
Duh... He dyes it. Everyone knows that
#13 Posted by xerox_kitty (15760 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg said:
"
@xerox-kitty said:
" It says he has BLOND hair...!?!"
Duh... He dyes it. Everyone knows that
"

Like Betsy? :p
Moderator
#14 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Exactly.

#15 Posted by xerox_kitty (15760 posts) - - Show Bio

Who knew that mutants were so vain...? 

Moderator
#16 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

This is almost on topic, but what the heck are Asgardians made of? Thor is a foot shorter than Colossus, but weighs almost 200 lbs more.

#17 Posted by Fresh Prince (4939 posts) - - Show Bio
I never really got why Asgardians do weigh so much. If I remember correctly, Amora, at 6'3, weighs almost 500 lbs. And she's a girl with a hot bod :P
#18 Posted by xerox_kitty (15760 posts) - - Show Bio

Asgardian gravity plays havoc with the bathroom scales??

Moderator
#19 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:
"This is almost on topic, but what the heck are Asgardians made of?"
About half of them are made of snips and snails and puppy dog tails.  The other half are made of sugar and spice and everything nice.
#20 Posted by the creator (8559 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:
"This is almost on topic, but what the heck are Asgardians made of? Thor is a foot shorter than Colossus, but weighs almost 200 lbs more."

Asgardian flesh and bone is 3x denser than normal flesh and bone.
As to exactly what it's made from....who knows.
#21 Posted by Hulkstrongerthan1 (1041 posts) - - Show Bio
@the creator said:
"
@Sling Shot said:
"Also very light considering the density and weight of the element Osmium. the densest on the periodic table I believe. "
The osmium would be an alloying element in the general makeup of the steel in this case (a bit like Vanadium or Chromium is).I did the calcs before and based on his size (and using a plain steel density figure) he should weigh around 3000 lbs If I recall correctly. "
exactly.  iron man weightd 500pounds and has only iron skin where colossus whole body is solid .
even wolverine is 300 pounds . how is colossus just 500?
#22 Posted by loveNwar (434 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, sometimes it all depends on density. Ironclad can attain absurd weight (no limit determined) without changing his bulk. 

#23 Posted by Hulkstrongerthan1 (1041 posts) - - Show Bio
@loveNwar said:
" Well, sometimes it all depends on density. Ironclad can attain absurd weight (no limit determined) without changing his bulk.  "
osmium is the metal with the highest density in the world
#24 Posted by Hulkstrongerthan1 (1041 posts) - - Show Bio

Boost

#25 Posted by SKARHEAD (10 posts) - - Show Bio

Colossus should be at least 1000 lbs...more like 2

#26 Edited by Rabbitearsblog (5672 posts) - - Show Bio

I did always wondered how much Colossus weighed.  I know that he is about 200 lbs. in his normal form (I think), so he has to be double that in his steel form which is about 500 - 700lbs (maybe a bit more than that).

#27 Posted by Hyperlight (4281 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog said:

I did always wondered how much Colossus weighed. I know that he is about 200 lbs. in his normal form (I think), so he has to be double that in his steel form which is about 500 - 700lbs (maybe a bit more than that).

i think he is more like 250 or 300

#28 Posted by numi (152 posts) - - Show Bio

If the marvel universe was anything like reality...

H (1.0079)x2 + O (15.999) = 18.0148 (water's molecular weight)

Os (190.23) = Osmium's molecular weight

The human body is 50-65% water, the remaining parts being of similar molecular weights.

If Piotr weighs 250 pounds when flesh and blood (Marvel Wiki), then in his metal form he should be (250 x 190.23 / 18.0148) or roughly 2,637 pounds, which does not take into effect his increase in size so let's round up to 3,000 lbs or so.

I maintain he should weight a ton and a half. *shrugs*

Of course, this is half educated and solids/metals molecules are packed more densely together than water is so if anything, I'm on the light side.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.