Follow

Colossus

Character » Colossus appears in 7592 issues.

Piotr Rasputin is a Russian mutant who possesses the ability to transform his body into organic steel, giving him immense strength and durability. Colossus is among the physically strongest X-Men, and is a talented artist.

Has the Phoenix pushed Cyttorak out?

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PrinceIMC

I'm just wondering if once the Phoenix force leaves the Phoenix Five is Cyttorak going to have a hold over Colossus? I kinda hope not since the presence of the Serpent made Cyttorak give up on Cain so something similar should happen to Piotr. Plus I like Colossus better with hair.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

I hope Cyttorak gives up on Colossus too after the Phoenix Force, although to be honest that might cause Cyttorak's temporary control over Colossus to be wasted since we didn't see much about how strong Cyttorak's influence has over Colossus.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By dernman

Colossus should be purged of all foreign entities. It was good for awhile but it's time to go back to normal.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Cap10nate

I like him a lot better without Cyttorak. I think Colossus looks much cooler without the Juggernaut look.

NeoAndroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By NeoAndroid

Let colossus go into a mad frenzy and Magik to save her brother casts a huge spell (be it in Limbo or elsewhere) to purge Cyttorak from him, since it seems like she could do it if needed from what i had have read.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@Cap10nate said:

I like him a lot better without Cyttorak. I think Colossus looks much cooler without the Juggernaut look.

I agree. I hope he gets rid of the Cyttorak soon.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Rickbarry

I agree with Android. Colossus has done many things for his sister and once it resulted in his death while the other has him in his current predicament. It'd be nice if she could return the favor and help the big guy out!

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@Rickbarry said:

I agree with Android. Colossus has done many things for his sister and once it resulted in his death while the other has him in his current predicament. It'd be nice if she could return the favor and help the big guy out!

Exactly! For once I want to see Magik save her own brother for once, if Marvel ever lets that happen.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Rickbarry

@Rabbitearsblog:I do agree it's a bit of a waste to have him suddenly purged of the Cyttorak influence without exploring the depths of it. It seems that Gillien is enjoying this aspect of Colossus so who knows if he'll remedy it so quickly?

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
    venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

More than likely.

Hareil0079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Hareil0079

@PrinceIMC said:

I'm just wondering if once the Phoenix force leaves the Phoenix Five is Cyttorak going to have a hold over Colossus? I kinda hope not since the presence of the Serpent made Cyttorak give up on Cain so something similar should happen to Piotr. Plus I like Colossus better with hair.

It'll be addressed in the upcoming issues of UXM tie ins.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Blood1991

I really hope so. Better yet have the strength of the gem fuse to him without it effecting his mind or apperance. Boom beefed up Pete w/o Cyttorak baggage.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Rickbarry

Well I just read an interview with Gillien about the whole influence of Cyttorak. Apparently we'll know more in Uncanny 15-17.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@Blood1991 said:

I really hope so. Better yet have the strength of the gem fuse to him without it effecting his mind or apperance. Boom beefed up Pete w/o Cyttorak baggage.

I wish that would happen too. I don't mind Colossus possibly getting a strength boost up from Cyttorak, but just have him act like his old gentle self and still be powerful enough to defeat any foes.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Rickbarry

@Rabbitearsblog: Eh, I kind of like how Colossus has been portrayed in the past. His strength isn't the most interesting thing about his character. I never enjoyed characters like Hulk, Thor or any other top tier characters. You like Colossus as the character as opposed to what he is capable of...which is quite a bit!

Anyone catch AvX 6? The art was so much better and the image of Colossus emerging from his portal was awesome.

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By chiq
    god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#17  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

I wish he will be kept as the Juggernaut.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Rickbarry

@god_spawn: I approve of this post. Tortured Piotr is interesting. He needs to work with watercolors more.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@Rickbarry said:

@god_spawn: I approve of this post. Tortured Piotr is interesting. He needs to work with watercolors more.

Oh yeah! I remembered the part where Piotr as Juggernaut liked the way that Red Hulk's blood was like watercolors. That was really intense!

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#20  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Rickbarry: Lol.

Anyways, I feel like he still needs it and idk why people are saying it's time to change him back. He has only been Juggernaut for about a year and there hasn't been enough focus yet on it to say it's ran its course yet IMO. It adds a new dynamic to a character that otherwise is kind of boring. I'm not gonna say Colossus isn't cool without it but at least with the Juggernaut he gets more limelight and has more depth to his character even if it is a cliched, brooding kind of depth.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Rickbarry

@god_spawn: It's mostly people that don't like change or people that enjoy Cain. I'm not sure how necessary it is to his character, but you're right that I'm certainly paying more attention to the character since Gillien managed to make Fear Itself at least somewhat interesting. If he somehow is absolved from the influence by the phoenix I'll consider it as a loss of a good storyline. Cyttorak didn't know of Kuurth's influence...how would he know about Phoenix? If we lose the Cyttorak influence we have the whole Namor, Cyclops and Emma triangle. That's slow exponentially more tiresome to me. She's not going to choose that winged footed douche!

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Rickbarry

@Rabbitearsblog: @god_spawn: I also had the thought that Colossus is one of the few X-men that you can truly classify as a hero type. He's the type of guy that realizes that there are things bigger and more important than himself. Kitty left him because of it, but there's something admirable about a guy that is willing to step into the line of fire for you. I don't feel the same about characters like Wolverine, Superman, Thor...etc as they're essentially immortal. They can't really sacrifice in this universe as nothing can truly harm them.

I guess that's why I root for Colossus and hope this isn't the end of his Juggs storyline. It makes the guy more of a Hero.

Namor1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#23  Edited By Namor1987

I think Cyttorak will attempt to get some control over him once Phoenix leaves him. But technically Phoenix is stronger than Cyttorak so who know's how he'll he react to not have a god-level entity taking residence in his body. I personally hate the Cyttorak look. He looks like a shiny sex toy. I'd rather have him go back to his current X-Men uniform or adapt a look similar to the Phoenix look.

Vendel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Vendel

@Rickbarry said:

@god_spawn: It's mostly people that don't like change or people that enjoy Cain. I'm not sure how necessary it is to his character, but you're right that I'm certainly paying more attention to the character since Gillien managed to make Fear Itself at least somewhat interesting. If he somehow is absolved from the influence by the phoenix I'll consider it as a loss of a good storyline. Cyttorak didn't know of Kuurth's influence...how would he know about Phoenix? If we lose the Cyttorak influence we have the whole Namor, Cyclops and Emma triangle. That's slow exponentially more tiresome to me. She's not going to choose that winged footed douche!

Yet Cyttorak somehow knew that Cain was Captain Universe for like 5 min and depowered him (so Parker would have an excuse to put him on the Thunderbolts).

So yes being the Phoenix should mean that Cyttorak no longer wants him as an avatar. But this is Marvel. Where they don't give a shit anymore. I give this better than even chances he is still The Juggernaut after this despite establishing how he got the powers in FI.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Rickbarry

@Vendel: Cyttorak didn't know about him being possessed by Kuurth. He only realized something was up when Magik spilled the beans. So, going by that logic, someone needs to teleport there and taddle.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#26  Edited By fodigg

I'm also a little confused why Cyttorak hasn't made a play for power considering how pissed he was about Marko and the Serpent. You'd think that Cyttorak would be more jealous of his control over Colossus.

Vendel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Vendel

@Rickbarry said:

@Vendel: Cyttorak didn't know about him being possessed by Kuurth. He only realized something was up when Magik spilled the beans. So, going by that logic, someone needs to teleport there and taddle.

(because you somehow missed the point the first time)

Yet Cyttorak somehow knew that Cain was Captain Universe for like 5 min and depowered him (so Parker would have an excuse to put him on the Thunderbolts).

So yes being the Phoenix should mean that Cyttorak no longer wants him as an avatar. But this is Marvel. Where they don't give a shit anymore. I give this better than even chances he is still The Juggernaut after this despite establishing how he got the powers in FI.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Rickbarry

@Vendel: I didn't miss the point, but your condescending tone speaks volumes. Do we actually see Juggernaut get depowered by Cyttorak? I don't recall any panel saying so, but I could be wrong. If we go by the Thunderbolts book itself they think The Enigma Force is screwing with Cain's ability to tap his power. I would assume if Cyttorak actually knew that Cain was Captain Universe he would strip him of the power. Besides...even if Cyttorak knows about Colossus could he really do anything about it? Phoenix Force trumps him easily. He won't be able to touch Colossus until the event is over.

Blame Kieron Gillen, whom is infinitely better than Jeff Parker, and enjoy an actual interesting storyline about The Juggernaut. He'd of just robbed a bank if he still had the power. Super interesting, Cain.

I'm sure we'll get an explanation in the next few issues and if he keeps Cyttorak's influence? I'm cool with it. I think you're having trouble with the story as you want everything to follow a linear path even if that makes for a less interesting story. It's obvious that Marvel had little to no plans for Cain so they cooked up an X-man gaining the power.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @fodigg said:

I'm also a little confused why Cyttorak hasn't made a play for power considering how pissed he was about Marko and the Serpent. You'd think that Cyttorak would be more jealous of his control over Colossus.

Yeah, it would be interesting seeing how Cyttorak reacts to the power of the Phoenix Force controlling Colossus (that's if this event ever explains this)
    Vendel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Vendel

@Rickbarry said:

@Vendel: I didn't miss the point, but your condescending tone speaks volumes. Do we actually see Juggernaut get depowered by Cyttorak? I don't recall any panel saying so, but I could be wrong. If we go by the Thunderbolts book itself they think The Enigma Force is screwing with Cain's ability to tap his power. I would assume if Cyttorak actually knew that Cain was Captain Universe he would strip him of the power. Besides...even if Cyttorak knows about Colossus could he really do anything about it? Phoenix Force trumps him easily. He won't be able to touch Colossus until the event is over.

Blame Kieron Gillen, whom is infinitely better than Jeff Parker, and enjoy an actual interesting storyline about The Juggernaut. He'd of just robbed a bank if he still had the power. Super interesting, Cain.

I'm sure we'll get an explanation in the next few issues and if he keeps Cyttorak's influence? I'm cool with it. I think you're having trouble with the story as you want everything to follow a linear path even if that makes for a less interesting story. It's obvious that Marvel had little to no plans for Cain so they cooked up an X-man gaining the power.

It was never explained in Thunderbolts. It was in the FI:The Worthy comic. There they went with the "Cyttorak depowerd him because he was captain Universe" idea rather than the infinitely better "Enigma force s messing with his power levels" one.

And I'm glad that you are okay with Marvel ignoring even it's recently established canon for the sake of doing....whatever. I on the other hand would like to have at least a little internal consistency from storyline to storyline.

Hyper_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Hyper_God

The Phoenix hasn't pushed out Cyttorak at all . If anything , Cyttorak now wants Colossus to be his avatar more than ever before :

Vendel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Vendel

No explanation is better than a bad one.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#33  Edited By joshmightbe

@Vendel: Asking current Marvel to be consistent is like asking an alligator not to bite you, a fruitless effort

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By HellionVulcan

Maybe if colossus juggernaut look was more unique i'd be more ok with it but no phoenix power isn't great enough to do so yet .

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.