Follow

Colossus

Character » Colossus appears in 7592 issues.

Piotr Rasputin is a Russian mutant who possesses the ability to transform his body into organic steel, giving him immense strength and durability. Colossus is among the physically strongest X-Men, and is a talented artist.

Has anyone actually seen his tattoo?

• 65 results
    The_Myth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By The_Myth

Remember when Colossus was trying to get some ink done but when ever the tattoo artist tried he would turn metal and bust her tools. 
    Well he would later gain the courage, by beating the snot out of an old enemy, and supposedly got the tattoo done on his chest. 
    Pursumably his tat is of Kitty Pryde, but I can't remeber if the tattoo itself has been shown since, or if X-Men writers decided to retcon the idea almost immediatly. 
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#2  Edited By xerox_kitty

It was a hideously huge pink heart with 'Kitty' through it.  The most ludicrous design and it was plastered across the middle of his chest.  I can't stand Dodson's art at the best of times, but it was the worst case of artistic ignorance ever.  A tribute tattoo wouldn't be so tacky nor look like a little girl designed it.

Presumably it's been retconned because it hasn't been seen since.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By SC  Moderator

Colossus seems to be the type to have asked for non-permanent ink. I am sure its washed out now, just like his gaudy Zsaji tattoo, and his Nereel tattoo. Or maybe its hanging out with Warpath's tattoo in limbo. 

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @SC: Warpath's tattoo isn't in limbo... I covered it in Chocolate & ate it up!  XD
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @xerox-kitty said:
    " @SC: Warpath's tattoo isn't in limbo... I covered it in Chocolate & ate it up!  XD "

*feigns innocence* I wouldn't think a tattoo would taste very nice at all, even with chocolate covered on it. Its all inky and uh inky? So that makes no sense at all!!  

*Is sad that Rogue's imprinted tattoo was so horrible, and wonders why more of favorite characters don't have better designed tattoos*  

Ooh, yey, now I want to make a blog about characters and tattoos!! I think you made a good point with Dodson's tattoo it was horrible, but he isn't the only offender!! 
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By xerox_kitty

I can't find an image of the 'Kitty' tattoo on google.  I guess everyone hated it so much that no-one bothered to scan it ;)

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By xerox_kitty

I remembered that the tattoo actually says Katya.  However, I'm not going to search for it anymore as I'm at work and the google image search of "Colossus' tattoo katya" brought up a fan art of a gay blow job...  Soooooo don't want to get into trouble for that.   

I'm not even going to offer to scan it when I get home, as it'll take me half an hour to dig my Uncanny X-Men long box #2 out.

Nefilim927

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By Nefilim927
    @xerox-kitty:

Well now I'm late for work but I found it.  Though I kinda regret bringing it to the attention of anyone lucky enough to have never seen it 

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @Nefilim927: Oh yeah, I'd forgotten exactly what it looks like.  How ridiculous is that.  No tattoo would look like that monstrosity. 

(I've just finished my lunch, but I think it's about to come back up)
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By Magian

This is one tacky tatoo lol

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SC  Moderator

Oh was that his tattoo? I thought that was just the Tattoo's Man understanding of what Colossus was going though, wasn't his actual tattoo much smaller and more discrete? its not like he has one that actually trails up on to his face doesn't he? 

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @xerox-kitty said:
    " I remembered that the tattoo actually says Katya.  However, I'm not going to search for it anymore as I'm at work and the google image search of "Colossus' tattoo katya" brought up a fan art of a gay blow job...  Soooooo don't want to get into trouble for that.    I'm not even going to offer to scan it when I get home, as it'll take me half an hour to dig my Uncanny X-Men long box #2 out. "

LMAO, I yeah, I know what you mean now, I think, but it was much more innocent than that, if you were looking at a thumbnail... (Ult Colossus and Northstar, its just a tender ab kiss) 

Oh, and I believe the reason no one has scanned it yet, was because it was so small and only on one panel. Still poorly designed, a pink heart with Katya over it, unless, the tattoo artist done that then went over it with that offensive to the ideas cringe worthy tattoo above. 
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

@Nefilim927 said:
    "@xerox-kitty:

Well now I'm late for work but I found it.  Though I kinda regret bringing it to the attention of anyone lucky enough to have never seen it   "

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14  Edited By Erik
    @xerox-kitty said:
    "It was a hideously huge pink heart with 'Kitty' through it.  The most ludicrous design and it was plastered across the middle of his chest.  I can't stand Dodson's art at the best of times, but it was the worst case of artistic ignorance ever.  A tribute tattoo wouldn't be so tacky nor look like a little girl designed it.

Presumably it's been retconned because it hasn't been seen since."

Colossus does heal whenever he changes so maybe it can be reasoned that the tattoo just healed over lol. 

@Nefilim927:  

That is not Colossus.
    Nefilim927

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15  Edited By Nefilim927
    @erik:
    Oh snap, ya right.  That's what I get for trying to be helpful before 8 am
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @Nefilim927: It was close. Basides, Terry Dodson is as bad for making everyone look alike as Greg Land is (he just doesn't trace them from the internet).   

So it was a heart with 'Katya' then?  No-one has the image, still...
    Avatar image for thecheesestabber
    TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By TheCheeseStabber
    @xerox-kitty: least it was on his butt o.o
    BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy
    @Nefilim927 said:
    " @xerox-kitty:
    No Caption Provided
    Well now I'm late for work but I found it.  Though I kinda regret bringing it to the attention of anyone lucky enough to have never seen it   "
    Wow. What a creeper.
    Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By Lance Uppercut
    @xerox-kitty said:
    " I remembered that the tattoo actually says Katya.  However, I'm not going to search for it anymore as I'm at work and the google image search of "Colossus' tattoo katya" brought up a fan art of a gay blow job...  Soooooo don't want to get into trouble for that.     "
    This is your chance to set the precedent :D
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @SC said:

" Oh was that his tattoo? I thought that was just the Tattoo's Man understanding of what Colossus was going though, wasn't his actual tattoo much smaller and more discrete? its not like he has one that actually trails up on to his face doesn't he? and I believe the reason no one has scanned it yet, was because it was so small and only on one panel. Still poorly designed, a pink heart with Katya over it, unless, the tattoo artist done that then went over it with that offensive to the ideas cringe worthy tattoo above. "

@Nefilim927:  At that time of the day the effort far outshines the results regardless *SC is a person who consciously sought a job that allows for gratuitous sleeping in* 

@xerox-kitty:  Great, now when people are going to google search his tattoo, they are probably going to be led directly to me, and assume I liked this tattoo so much I scanned it in despite how small and gaudy it is. lol 

Da, Da, please cover that Kat Von D Tattoo I had before Katya comes back. Da. 

On a completely different note, anyone ever scan in a page and realize that some panels are just rife for exploiting the hell out of...

Da, and this is why I chose you over Betsy Wilford and Nereel 
         Da, and this is why I chose you over Betsy Wilford and Nereel 

0_o 
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#21  Edited By Caligula
    @Nefilim927 said:
    " @xerox-kitty:
    No Caption Provided
    I'm not going to lie. I think that looks pretty freaking cool, in all honesty. I had never seen it before now. (shun me if you must)
    Avatar image for hydrabob--defunct
    hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@Nefilim927 said:
    " @xerox-kitty:
    No Caption Provided
    is that Colossus' chest or the guy that had the moving tattoos from Colossus' past?
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @Caligula:  Thats not it.  If it were though, I dunno man, I have seen your art, I think you could design one way, way better! 

@hydrabob:  Its definitely Colossus tattoo, and anyone who has already wrote elsewhere in this thread or posted scans of the actual tattoo is lying and probably drunk and throwing water balloons filled with blood at old people from their second story city apartment. 
    hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SC said:
    " @Caligula:  Thats not it.  If it were though, I dunno man, I have seen your art, I think you could design one way, way better! 

@hydrabob:  Its definitely Colossus tattoo, and anyone who has already wrote elsewhere in this thread or posted scans of the actual tattoo is lying and probably drunk and throwing water balloons filled with blood at old people from their second story city apartment.  "
    after reading what you said to me and what you said to him I am confused
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Caligula
    @SC: thank you for the kind words. regardless i think that image looks nice, even if it's not the Tattoo in question.
    Theodore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By Theodore
    @xerox-kitty said:
    "

It was a hideously huge pink heart with 'Kitty' through it.  The most ludicrous design and it was plastered across the middle of his chest.  I can't stand Dodson's art at the best of times, but it was the worst case of artistic ignorance ever.  A tribute tattoo wouldn't be so tacky nor look like a little girl designed it.

Presumably it's been retconned because it hasn't been seen since.

"
    ew
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @hydrabob: Caligula I always am sarcastic to, I never offer him the honest truth, you hydrabob, I only ever of course offer you the undying, unchallengeable, truth. Never sarcasm, and I never attempt to joke or kid with you. Bwhahaha, also I lied when I said I was a Jamaican Snowboarding champion, I am actually the greatest Scottish Rap Gangster since Hairy Mofo Maclary, from Donaldsons Ghetto.  

@Caligula: I do like it in one way, artistically speaking, just as a tattoo? I do tend to be rather unfairly hypercritical when it comes to tattoos lol, but I would feel a lawsuit coming if I tattooed that on someone... lol
    hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SC:  well ok as long as you have a job I guess i believe you
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Caligula
    @SC: i'd sue you if you didn't tattoo that on me.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @hydrabob said:
    " @SC:  well ok as long as you have a job I guess i believe you "

I would call it more of a lifestyle choice. Thats how awesome and passionate I am about letting people know about the East Coast, West Coast Scotland Rap Wars. Plus that and uh, I don't actually get technically paid by anyone, yet... my big break is just around the corner you see, once my 5th debut album is released. Gonna blow up real B.I.G. You down with OPP. Its a scolly thing. Cheeya boi! 
    Jotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Jotham

He should have gone to an auto detailing shop. They could have given him some cool flame decals.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#32  Edited By joshmightbe

Thats the kind of tattoo a stalker gets right before the murder/suicide not a tribute 

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @SC said:
    "

On a completely different note, anyone ever scan in a page and realize that some panels are just rife for exploiting the hell out of...

Da, and this is why I chose you over Betsy Wilford and Nereel
     0_o  "

How can someone who has spent all of his adult life FIGHTING struggle to get through a tattoo?  I know that there's a lot of muscle over the chest, but even at their worst they aren't THAT painful. 
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @joshmightbe said:
    "Thats the kind of tattoo a stalker gets right before the murder/suicide not a tribute  "

Thank you!  I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that.  It's the lamest "tribute" tattoo.  They tend to have more significance than a big pink heart (which would look even more tacky and gawdy in person than it does on a comic character.  I think you're spot on with the 'stalker' thing. 
    EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#35  Edited By EdwardWindsor

Worst idea for development idea ever , taht and a poor ass design least do something cool if your gonna do it at all.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#36  Edited By Mercy_
    @xerox-kitty said:
    " @SC said:
    "

0_o  "
    How can someone who has spent all of his adult life FIGHTING struggle to get through a tattoo?  I know that there's a lot of muscle over the chest, but even at their worst they aren't THAT painful.  "
    I think it was more of an emotional distress thing then an actual physical one.  

That being said, I will never understand why so many people think that tattoos are excruciatingly painful to get. It's common sense, IMO that if they hurt so badly sooooooooooo many people wouldn't have them. 
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    "ggle to get through a tattoo?  I know that there's a lot of muscle over the chest, but even at their worst they aren't THAT painful.  "I think it was more of an emotional distress thing then an actual physical one.   That being said, I will never understand why so many people think that tattoos are excruciatingly painful to get. It's common sense, IMO that if they hurt so badly sooooooooooo many people wouldn't have them.  "

Sorry, but I just don't buy it.  The story in Manifest Destiny where they were all trying to cheer him up, but he couldn't find some peace until he helped a little girl save her 'kitty' that was stuck in a tree was a better developed story for Colossus.  That managed to sum up Colossus' grief & honour Kitty much better in 8 pages that this. 

Bu grunting because he's grieving while having a tattoo?  They could have at least watched a few episodes of Miami/LA Ink to get more of an idea of how people react to getting a tattoo... This was just a bad joke.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @xerox-kitty:  @The Dark Huntress: He was in pain over the fact he was being written by Fraction and drawn by Dodson. Its a fouth wall thing. I can't blame him, I was in likewise pain reading that scene too. Da, da, that must be it. 
    Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

It was totally one of those henna tattoos 

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
    " It was totally one of those henna tattoos  "

On that same related note, have you read Wolverine and Jubilee #2? Wolverine brings up a factoid about Colossus and what temperature he lowers to where its no longer safe to lick him. 
    EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By EdwardWindsor
    @SC said:
    " @Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
     On that same related note, have you read Wolverine and Jubilee #2? Wolverine brings up a factoid about Colossus and what temperature he lowers to where its no longer safe to lick him.  "
    Why the hell was wolverine licking him in the first place lol.
    PYH000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By PYH000
    @xerox-kitty said:

" @SC: Warpath's tattoo isn't in limbo... I covered it in Chocolate & ate it up!  XD "

Oh, behave!!  ^ o ^ 

Having a tattoo isn't sometimes a bad thing but I find it out of character for Colossus getting one. Whatever happened to the goody two shows ex farm boy we loved and respect, or did the head trauma he received from X-cutionor must have impaired his judgement?
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @lazystudent:  To make sure he was Russian? I am not sure, Wolverine seems to think a lot of things i don't get... whiskers on his mask? Dudes one tricky dude. lol
    Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

@SC said:
    " @Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
     On that same related note, have you read Wolverine and Jubilee #2? Wolverine brings up a factoid about Colossus and what temperature he lowers to where its no longer safe to lick him.  "
    I have not, I keep up with X-books thru this place and Wikipedia, seeing as how I'm not made of money
    EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By EdwardWindsor
    @SC:  tbh i think its more of his rep letting him get away with things, even Collosus doesnt seem to be willing to say no to him lol.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @Emperor Gonzo Noir:  Understandable. I would recommend Jubilee and Wolverine over Uncanny though if you ever decide to sell your organs for more comic money. Me, I am made of gold. People keep trying to rip my skin off looking for chocolate, idiots. I am constantly lethargic and I need to stay out of the sun. My melting point is surprising low. Its really hard to walk up stairs as well. Not like a James Bond movie at all. Not at all. *sigh* 

@lazystudent: LOL
    G Bird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#47  Edited By G Bird

I don't get it... he had to build up courage to get a tattoo? I have a lot of tattoos, they really don't hurt that bad lol!

Yumulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Yumulu
    @G Bird said:
    " I don't get it... he had to build up courage to get a tattoo? I have a lot of tattoos, they really don't hurt that bad lol! "
    It not that it hurt that bad it just that .. well he's not blind he's just already regretting that awful pink stain on his chest.
    StrelBo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By StrelBo
    @Nefilim927:  
    i had never seen it, i am now strongly considering having my eyes removed so i can never gaze upon that monstrosity again
    Avatar image for accountwillbede
    accountwillbede

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#50  Edited By accountwillbede

What issue is that where colossus gets that tatoo?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.