Favorite Era of Colossus?

#1 Edited by Rabbitearsblog (5835 posts) - - Show Bio

What was your favorite era that Colossus was in? Which era did you think that Colossus was the most awesome character alive and had a lot of character development going for him? Here are the eras so far:

1970s

1980s

1990s

2000s

2010s

Also if you can, which one of these eras was the worst for Colossus, where he didn't do anything great or nothing was done with his character?

#2 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5835 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

#3 Posted by lectriccolossus (436 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog: No Bump

I think that the 70's and 80's were his highest point,the 90's, it didnt seem like much was going for him aside of saving the mutant race from the legacy virus, actually, i think that single moment was his highest point.BTW love yout colossus enthusiasm

#4 Edited by Rabbitearsblog (5835 posts) - - Show Bio

@lectriccolossus said:

@Rabbitearsblog: No Bump

I think that the 70's and 80's were his highest point,the 90's, it didnt seem like much was going for him aside of saving the mutant race from the legacy virus, actually, i think that single moment was his highest point.BTW love yout colossus enthusiasm

Thanks! I just love Colossus to death! I agree that in the 70s and 80s, Colossus did a lot more than he is doing right now, although I did enjoy Joss Whedon's run on him which was during the early 2000s.

#5 Posted by lectriccolossus (436 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog: Oh yea, most definitly. Without Joss, i dont think Colossus wouldve made it back

#6 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5835 posts) - - Show Bio

@lectriccolossus said:

@Rabbitearsblog: Oh yea, most definitly. Without Joss, i dont think Colossus wouldve made it back

Agreed! I think the other writers would have messed up his character so badly that Colossus would have never be in alot of books right now.

#7 Posted by Rickbarry (1767 posts) - - Show Bio

I would say that I enjoy the 2000 version of Colossus a great deal. Ultimate Colossus was awesome. Astonishing had a great run until they left breakworld. I want to say that Bloodline was an interesting short run as well.

Who knows where this whole Cytorrak thing is going, but at least he's getting a little attention.

#8 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5835 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry said:

I would say that I enjoy the 2000 version of Colossus a great deal. Ultimate Colossus was awesome. Astonishing had a great run until they left breakworld. I want to say that Bloodline was an interesting short run as well.

Who knows where this whole Cytorrak thing is going, but at least he's getting a little attention.

I loved Ultimate Colossus too (until that "drug" issue) and I really loved what Joss Whedon did with his character during his run on "Astonishing X-Men." Hopefully, some good might come out of Colossus having the Cytorrak powers.

#9 Posted by Nudeviking (479 posts) - - Show Bio

Late 1980s living in the Village, doing art Colossus was the greatest Colossus that will ever exist, though early 90s lost his sister to Legacy Virus so he joins Magneto Colossus was pretty good too.

#10 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5835 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nudeviking said:

Late 1980s living in the Village, doing art Colossus was the greatest Colossus that will ever exist, though early 90s lost his sister to Legacy Virus so he joins Magneto Colossus was pretty good too.

Yeah, I've always loved it when Colossus was an artist. It really brought more to his character.

#11 Posted by Nudeviking (479 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@Nudeviking said:

Yeah, I've always loved it when Colossus was an artist. It really brought more to his character.

I always like it when writers make the X-Men (or any hero for that matter) do really normal stuff: all the random basketball games they played in the 90s, Jubilee teaching a temporarily healed Prof. X how to roller-blade, Colossus being an artist, Dazzler going on tour with Lila Cheney. All that stuff makes me smile way more than it should.

#12 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5835 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nudeviking said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@Nudeviking said:

I always like it when writers make the X-Men (or any hero for that matter) do really normal stuff: all the random basketball games they played in the 90s, Jubilee teaching a temporarily healed Prof. X how to roller-blade, Colossus being an artist, Dazzler going on tour with Lila Cheney. All that stuff makes me smile way more than it should.

Yeah! I really loved the moments early on when the X-Men used to play baseball games together. Now, we don't really see those kinds of moments anymore...

#13 Posted by Nudeviking (479 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@Nudeviking said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@Nudeviking said:

Yeah! I really loved the moments early on when the X-Men used to play baseball games together. Now, we don't really see those kinds of moments anymore...

It happened in the most recent issue of X-23. There was a football game between X-23 & Jubilee against Iceman & Gambit. The same issue also featured X-23 and Jubilee going to a nightclub. It was like it was 1993 all over again!

#14 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5835 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nudeviking said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@Nudeviking said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@Nudeviking said:

It happened in the most recent issue of X-23. There was a football game between X-23 & Jubilee against Iceman & Gambit. The same issue also featured X-23 and Jubilee going to a nightclub. It was like it was 1993 all over again!

Awwww....I wish I could read X-23's series. I heard that her series was really good. We need more X-Men stories (besides X-Factor and Uncanny X-Force) that focuses a lot on the characters.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.