Follow

Colossus

Character » Colossus appears in 7592 issues.

Piotr Rasputin is a Russian mutant who possesses the ability to transform his body into organic steel, giving him immense strength and durability. Colossus is among the physically strongest X-Men, and is a talented artist.

Does Anybody Think Colossonaut is Permanent?

• 56 results
    Lea_Drago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Lea_Drago

He's been this way since Fear Itself. Does anybody think this is going to be a permanent development for him?

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2  Edited By Kallarkz

Of course it's not.

gwilburn12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By gwilburn12

Nah, not at all. It was only done to kind of reinvent Colossus for a bit and give a different perspective with Juggernaut. Its only a matter of time before Cain Marko is back in the fray and gets his powers back

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Rickbarry

I don't believe it's permanent either, but I've no idea how he'll get rid of the Juggy powers. Cyttorak digs the guy.

Grey56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Grey56

It'd be tough to imagine them not returning such a staple villain/character to the X mythos. Cain's been at it since issue 12 - so he has some cache in the community. As to when - I imagine that after this Phoenix story finishes up there'll be some return to normalcy. I say that - but with NOW! coming into view it might be longer. Of this though I feel certain - Marvel will come back to the well again because that's where their base demographic lies.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AweSam

It's a comic, nothing is permanent.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

I don't think this is permanent either because sooner or later, Cain Marko will have to come back to take his place as the real Juggernaut again and Colossus is more iconic as the gentle Russian steel giant than as the Juggernaut.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

No. But I don't see them ridding him of it any time soon. I don't feel like it has run it's course yet, but with Marvel NOW it is possible I guess.

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9  Edited By Aiden Cross

God i hope not..

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @god_spawn said:

No. But I don't see them ridding him of it any time soon. I don't feel like it has run it's course yet, but with Marvel NOW it is possible I guess.

Yeah, I also don't see Marvel really getting rid of the Cyttorak powers yet since he just got them, but I'm not sure about how Marvel NOW will go.
    TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By TDK_1997

No.It's too soon to change him back but next year maybe.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @TDK_1997 said:

No.It's too soon to change him back but next year maybe.

I agree.
    AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Bumping for certain reasons.

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
    cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

#14  Edited By cosmicallyaware1

both colossus and juggernaut respectively are two of my favorite characters, and i look forward to them being seperate entities again. cool concept and stories, dug it for a bit, but let's get back to cain as juggernaut and peter as plain old colossus.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @cosmicallyaware1 said:

both colossus and juggernaut respectively are two of my favorite characters, and i look forward to them being seperate entities again. cool concept and stories, dug it for a bit, but let's get back to cain as juggernaut and peter as plain old colossus.

I would love to see Colossus and Juggernaut as separate people again also. There could be more stories done with Colossus if he is separated from the Cyttorak (although there can be more stories of Colossus as Juggernaut if Marvel takes this opportunity).
    allthatsgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By allthatsgeek

@AgeofHurricane: Bumped because Colossus is awesome? I can dig it.

I'm honestly not too sure where Pete is gonna wind up here. Post Marvel NOW! there is nothing of any of the phoenix five, so who knows, as well as the October Solicits for DarkThunderVengerBolts say Cain Marko is making a comeback. I'm really hoping Petey dosn't get killed off at the end of AvX, or "time displaced" or some such BS. He really seems like the only member of the P5 who DIDN'T abuse his power (The tantrum at the school dosn't count, because well...FLOODING A NATION > busting a statue). Also, his developments on Adjective less X-Men have been amazing, I totally marked out when he basically said to Storm "Um, I've been around just as long as you, you will speak to me as an equal". So yeah, let's hope Colossus stays on the board in October.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @allthatsgeek said:

@AgeofHurricane: Bumped because Colossus is awesome? I can dig it.

I'm honestly not too sure where Pete is gonna wind up here. Post Marvel NOW! there is nothing of any of the phoenix five, so who knows, as well as the October Solicits for DarkThunderVengerBolts say Cain Marko is making a comeback. I'm really hoping Petey dosn't get killed off at the end of AvX, or "time displaced" or some such BS. He really seems like the only member of the P5 who DIDN'T abuse his power (The tantrum at the school dosn't count, because well...FLOODING A NATION > busting a statue). Also, his developments on Adjective less X-Men have been amazing, I totally marked out when he basically said to Storm "Um, I've been around just as long as you, you will speak to me as an equal". So yeah, let's hope Colossus stays on the board in October.

I hope Colossus sticks around after AvX. There's so many stories they could do with him, but if he doesn't show up in Marvel NOW, he might show up later on or next year since not all the solicits have been released yet.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
    deactivated-5791595859013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, as part of the end of AvX I expect him to lose all his additional Juggs and Phoenix abilities. And it cannot happen soon enough.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By JonSmith

Guys, guys, guys. You're all saying that there's no way it's permanent, that sooner or later it'll be Cain Marko Juggernaut again. But you're forgetting a similar occurence:

Eddie Brock STILL isn't back to being Venom. So maybe it is permanent.

(Personally I highly doubt it, and would be kind of bummed if it was, but it IS a possibility.)

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#20  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

He will more than likely still be the Juggernaut post AvX.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @Brazen_Intellect said:

No, as part of the end of AvX I expect him to lose all his additional Juggs and Phoenix abilities. And it cannot happen soon enough.

What I do wonder is, what will they do with Colossus if he does lose all of his Phoenix and Juggernaut powers?
    PYH000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By PYH000

@allthatsgeek said:

@AgeofHurricane: He really seems like the only member of the P5 who DIDN'T abuse his power

If the other writers are aware about Magik's history, she would know what the power of the dark phoenix can do to a person. She has experiences with dark possession before (being demonically corrupted or "possessed" from demonic power and thus assuming the darkchilde side at times) so she wouldn't allow herself to be corrupted by the phoenix force. It's bad enough that she has to experience with corruption again because she just got back her humanity by reclaiming her soul (from Zeb Wells' last New Mutants issue), but some of the marvel staff aren't aware about her new status quo yet. They assume she's still a demonic "anti-hero" than how she's being portrayed in Uncanny X-men so far by Kieron Gillen. Magik from UXN is being portrayed as uncharacteristically humane as a result of reclaiming her soul. Gillen really did got the memo about her new status quo. Sorry for my rant.

Avatar image for samuel_larson_10
    samuel_larson_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By samuel_larson_10

I was thinking he would keep it for like a decade or two but now with the reboot and everything I doubt it's gonna stay

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

@JonSmith said:

Guys, guys, guys. You're all saying that there's no way it's permanent, that sooner or later it'll be Cain Marko Juggernaut again. But you're forgetting a similar occurence:

Eddie Brock STILL isn't back to being Venom. So maybe it is permanent.

(Personally I highly doubt it, and would be kind of bummed if it was, but it IS a possibility.)

This.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @244 said:

@allthatsgeek said:

@AgeofHurricane: He really seems like the only member of the P5 who DIDN'T abuse his power

If the other writers are aware about Magik's history, she would know what the power of the dark phoenix can do to a person. She has experiences with dark possession before (being demonically corrupted or "possessed" from demonic power and thus assuming the darkchilde side at times) so she wouldn't allow herself to be corrupted by the phoenix force. It's bad enough that she has to experience with corruption again because she just got back her humanity by reclaiming her soul (from Zeb Wells' last New Mutants issue), but some of the marvel staff aren't aware about her new status quo yet. They assume she's still a demonic "anti-hero" than how she's being portrayed in Uncanny X-men so far by Kieron Gillen. Magik from UXN is being portrayed as uncharacteristically humane as a result of reclaiming her soul. Gillen really did got the memo about her new status quo. Sorry for my rant.

I agree. It's like the writers don't know anything about Magik's history and they don't really know what to do with her. I wish that they would make up their minds about what to do about Magik.
    allthatsgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By allthatsgeek

Well, Novembers solicits are out, does not bode well for the Ruskie: http://www.newsarama.com/comics/marvel-comics-november-2012-solicitations.html

Look for the Dark Avengers solicit.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Rickbarry

@allthatsgeek: Yeah, I did noticed Cain is in his armor once more. Seems so strange that they're removing the powers from him after Cyttorak seemed to enjoy him a great deal more than Cain. Perhaps they'll be two? Doubtful.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#28  Edited By Blood1991

@Aiden Cross said:

God i hope not..

This!

moclab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By moclab

@Rickbarry: why wouldn't Cyttorak make two Juggernauts on apposing sides think of the destruction they would cause fighting each other and remember when Colossus spoke to him he said that all the destruction goes to him makes me wonder if everything either of the Juggernauts destroys only severs to make him stronger

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @allthatsgeek said:

Well, Novembers solicits are out, does not bode well for the Ruskie: http://www.newsarama.com/comics/marvel-comics-november-2012-solicitations.html

Look for the Dark Avengers solicit.

What will become of Colossus if he loses his Cyttorak powers?
    gwilburn12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By gwilburn12

Say what? November is right around the corner so Marvel better have some good explaining as to what is going on

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#32  Edited By jhazzroucher

I don't think it will be permanent

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @jhazzroucher said:

I don't think it will be permanent

I agree. There were even solicits about the real Juggernaut possibly coming back.
    Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Rickbarry

@Rabbitearsblog: I don't see how Colossus could lose the actual powers since...as of two issues ago Cyttorak loved Colossus even before he was an avatar of The Phoenix. Perhaps the last four issues of Uncanny will resole this or somehow Cain gets his own gem.

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#35  Edited By Phaedrusgr

Well, if he loses the baldness, I can deal with that.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Rickbarry

@Phaedrusgr: I understood why he actually is bald, but I don't understand why they decided to go down that path.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By JonSmith

@Rickbarry: Why, exactly, is he bald? Is it because the flat top couldn't fit in the helmet?

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Rickbarry

@JonSmith: Gillen was explaining it in an interview I read over at cbr. Magik protected the group from the natural dangers of the Crimson Cosmos. That's why she had a shield up. Colossus walked outside of the dome in order to claim the gem. So the magical fire/whatnot seared his hair away.

I do miss the flat top.

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Phaedrusgr

@Rickbarry: This awful look destroys the image I have in my mind for this gentle soul. Furthermore, esthetically it's totally abhorrent. Give this man a wig, please!

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Rickbarry

@Phaedrusgr: Ha. He actually looks better in the X-men run written by Wood. He still doesn't have hair, but you can see his hairline. It makes a difference strangely enough.

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Phaedrusgr

@Rickbarry: I haven't seen that. I trust your criteria and pray at least for that hairline!

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @Rickbarry said:

@Rabbitearsblog: I don't see how Colossus could lose the actual powers since...as of two issues ago Cyttorak loved Colossus even before he was an avatar of The Phoenix. Perhaps the last four issues of Uncanny will resole this or somehow Cain gets his own gem.

Given how the writers just constantly keep forgetting little details leading up to certain events, I wouldn't be surprised if they just gave Cain back his powers without a clear explanation.
    allthatsgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By allthatsgeek

@Phaedrusgr: I believe the change in hairstyle was actually supposed to do just that. This isn't the gentle giant Colossus we're dealing with atm. Right now we're dealing with a hero struggling to keep this unstoppable monster at bay, so I think for the character right now, it is quite fitting. It is also true that the artist greatly depends on how the hairline looks.

That being said, once he does eventually lose the Cytorrak powers, I await the return of the black chrome dome, and maybe hopefully a power amp-age so he can finally sit in the Thor/Herc Strength levels he's always belonged in. (I personally think it's silly anyone could ever debate a man made of rock v a man made of metal, but YAKNOW US COMIC NERDS)

@Rabbitearsblog: Is "It's convenient for the plot." a good enough excuse?

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Phaedrusgr

Well, I see your point, despite the fact that he remains at least deep down in his heart a gentle soul, let's say that I agree. Was the hair loss the best way to show this fight? Alas, if I ever have a fight with myself, will I have to lose my hair too? Haha. Anyway, Colossus deserves being there (next to Thor/Herc).

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Rickbarry

@allthatsgeek: I've no idea if they'll amp his power, but when he was trapped in his steel form last time his power was significantly amped. I'm pretty sure he's been locked up in this form longer than when he suffered the brain damage. *Shrugs* 'Course if they did amp him again he would be at Hulk/whatnot level. Whatever happened to Herc? The last I saw of him he was trying to wrestle Avengers naked.

allthatsgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By allthatsgeek

@Phaedrusgr: I believe it was in one of the AvX fight issues where Colossus has an internal monologue "Most of my teammates havn't bothered to ask the obvious question: Why do i stay in my metal form? It's because in my normal form I am just a man, but in this form I am more, I am a hero, etc..." Very in character, good insight into his mind atm

@Rickbarry:Herc, de-powered, probably still naked, forgotten. Hopefully he'll get re-powered and brought back into prominence soon, he has been one of if not my favorite non-mutant in Marvel for the past like, decade.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Rickbarry

@allthatsgeek: They certainly didn't depower his chest/back hair.

allthatsgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By allthatsgeek

@Rickbarry: The only way to do that is to retcon his history so he's not Greek. Seriously, we're hairy bitches.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#49  Edited By jhazzroucher

It'll prolly be gone after AvX.

allthatsgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By allthatsgeek

Only if he accepts the Juggernauts powers and it's seared off with magical fire. Wakka Wakka.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.