Awesome Toy Picks: Marvel Select Colossus

Posted by G-Man (30603 posts) - - Show Bio

It's time once again to get a hands on look at some of today's coolest collectibles. Diamond Select recently celebrated ten years with their 7-inch Marvel Select action figures. As part of the celebration, they released a new Colossus figure (that actually stands at 8.25 inches).

Looks very impressive, right? Marvel Select figures always look great in the packaging but you don't get to fully see the glory of everything that's inside. That's where we come in. As soon as we snap a couple pics of the packaging, we tear it open to check it out.

He's a very impressive figure. As with some of the larger characters, he's definitely a solid piece. He comes with a wall of spikes, similar to the cover of UNCANNY X-MEN #122.

There is plenty of articulaiton (16 points) and you can position him in different poses.

You need to do yourself a favor and track down this figure. It's a great sculpt and will make an impressive addition to your collection.

Staff
#1 Posted by feebadger (1435 posts) - - Show Bio

That's a damned fine looking, solid piece of toy right there. Looks like it could punch a hole through your kidneys. I'll take two.

#2 Edited by cmaprice (809 posts) - - Show Bio

Pete is pretty spectacular. Certainly in their top ten best (well, maybe top 15 would be safer to say. Heh.)

Although the new MS Green Goblin was also pretty great.

#3 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Gotta love Pietro! Very nice :) Love it.

#4 Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k (3711 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, it does look cool...but I`ve never been a big fan of Colossus, so I don`t wanna get this. Meaning, that a bigger fan of the big lug can get it.

#5 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7566 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome, Just need a Nightcrawler one now

#6 Posted by LordRequiem (1309 posts) - - Show Bio

That picture with him holding up that object is immense. GO COLOSSUS.

#7 Posted by LoganRogue24 (1185 posts) - - Show Bio

i might get him if i see him in stores i hope they make a marvel select Rogue figure i hope its the 90s cartoon look though thats my favorite.

#8 Posted by Batmanikk (78 posts) - - Show Bio

AWESOME

#9 Posted by Cronoman66 (25 posts) - - Show Bio

I have this toy, although mine came with a steel bar the he bends, still it's a great toy,

#10 Posted by papad1992 (6822 posts) - - Show Bio

@RedheadedAtrocitus said:

?? U mean Peter, right!!

#11 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

There's a Gambit one?!

Toy hunting time.

#12 Posted by The_Peter_Cosmic (401 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992 said:

?? U mean Peter, right!!

Piotr, I'm guessing.

#13 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992: @The_Peter_Cosmic: Its a variation on Peter. Peter, Pietro, Piotr, Pedro, Pierre, Petros, Petrov, Piet, y'all get the idea :)

#14 Posted by maxicere (936 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel Legend Colossus looks better

#15 Posted by The_Peter_Cosmic (401 posts) - - Show Bio

@RedheadedAtrocitus: Trying to act like you weren't accidentally referencing Quicksilver huh? j/k Yes, I know, my brother never calls me Peter. It's always one of those variants.

#16 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome!! The details to the collectible looks neat!

#17 Posted by papad1992 (6822 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Peter_Cosmic said:

@papad1992 said:

?? U mean Peter, right!!

Piotr, I'm guessing.

Ah ok... I was gonna say what does Quicksilver have to do with anything!!?

#18 Posted by papad1992 (6822 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992: @The_Peter_Cosmic: Its a variation on Peter. Peter, Pietro, Piotr, Pedro, Pierre, Petros, Petrov, Piet, y'all get the idea :)

He has only be referred as Peter, Pete, or Piotr!! Pietro is Quicksilver's name and Pedro, Pierre, Petros aren't associated with Colossus!!

#19 Posted by JonesDeini (3620 posts) - - Show Bio

MUST HAVE!!!! Was gonna get this for my nephew, but yeah...he'd destroy it in a day if not sooner. lol

#20 Posted by infonation (1665 posts) - - Show Bio

@LoganRogue24: You too?! I was starting to think I was the only one!

#21 Posted by iSnikt (30 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by The Impersonator (4975 posts) - - Show Bio

@Batmanikk said:

AWESOME

#23 Posted by redhood21 (774 posts) - - Show Bio

this article sold me. i bought colossus and sabretooth.

#24 Posted by KidSupreme (824 posts) - - Show Bio

he looks stronge even as a toy lol!

#25 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4521 posts) - - Show Bio

I really don't see much difference from the marvel legends version aside from looking like brighter steel, I prefer the marvel legends version which has more points of articulation.I'm a huge Colossus fan and I'm not trying to rock the boa, but you guys should compare the figures!

#26 Posted by emmbro30 (249 posts) - - Show Bio

@maxicere: See now I replaced my Marvel Legends Colossus with the select version, because I thought it fit the scale better.

#27 Posted by maxicere (936 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.