Do You Have What It Takes To Be A COBRA?

Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

Honor, respect, courage; all of these qualities are sure to be found in any recruitment advertisement for the United States military; and generally, the connotation is always a positive one. However, when they are associated with a Cobra Special Forces recruitment advertisement you can bet that something just isn't right. The latest viral campaign by Paramount Pictures features a very cool, high production fake advertisement teasing the advantages of being on Team Cobra. The ad is so good that it gives adverts for the actual U.S. Marines a run for their money -- at least we thought so. The advert is chock full of key phrases that would identify with anyone's sense of patriotism. No, really, there's even an American flag.

In addition to this really pretty advertisement promoting the upcoming G.I. Joe: Retaliation film, there is an all new Cobra Special Forces website featuring downloadable content like Cobra Commander wallpapers, for example. So how do you "join" Cobra? By becoming a fan of their official Facebook Page. The site also features a map of the U.S. and a list of events where Cobra will be out in full force and recruiting G.I. Joe and Cobra fans.

Regardless of what you think the film will be like (many of us have our reservations), the recently released trailer revealed some new footage that was pretty fantastic. If anything, we can bet that this next film will be action packed and we can't deny that this advert is pretty clever. What do you think of the new Cobra advertisement? Are you looking forward to the release of G.I. Joe: Retaliation on March 28, 2013?

Source: Cobra Special Forces

#1 Posted by slade_wilson (561 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude, sweet! I am definitely liking their page. Cobra!

#2 Posted by weaponx (1566 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the Cobra advertisement has an interesting twist on what the 'president' will be planning. I am actually looking forward to this simply for the action scenes.

#3 Posted by Outside_85 (9655 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder if it ever occurred to the designers of that logo what it also might look like?

#4 Posted by Cavemold (1684 posts) - - Show Bio

yea looks good

#5 Posted by Inverno (13315 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool. Can't wait to see it.

#6 Posted by feebadger (1445 posts) - - Show Bio

Since when is Kid Rock affiliated with Cobra???

http://www.cobraspecialforces.com/events

What is he, one of the Dreadnoks? If he's in, i'm not joining. Cobra just lost all it's allure now :)

#7 Posted by G_Money_Christmas (883 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to join!

#8 Posted by StMichalofWilson (3951 posts) - - Show Bio

Keith David narrating a Kobra commercial?!

PURE. WIN.

#9 Edited by NightFang (10149 posts) - - Show Bio

@feebadger said:

What is he, one of the Dreadnoks? If he's in, i'm not joining. Cobra just lost all it's allure now :)

Well if he is a Dreadnok than he's not really part of Cobra.

@StMichalofWilson said:

Keith David narrating a Kobra commercial?!

PURE. WIN.

Hail COBRA!

#10 Posted by fox01 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait to see it ^_^

#11 Posted by ThePRez (288 posts) - - Show Bio

its look more like the tone of the new GI Joe animated series.

#12 Posted by Urban_Ronin (9935 posts) - - Show Bio

F'n Awesome

#13 Posted by cattlebattle (13042 posts) - - Show Bio

Crashing through the sky

Comes a fearful cry

COBRA!!!

This I command!!

#14 Posted by Bad_People (163 posts) - - Show Bio

Judging by their track record I'd say I have more than enough.

#15 Posted by KRYPTON (1891 posts) - - Show Bio

When can I enlist?

#16 Posted by Darth Paul (273 posts) - - Show Bio

Only if I get to fly a Rattler!

#17 Posted by ccraft (5422 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by NovaDawg (22 posts) - - Show Bio

I've always been a bad guy first kind of dude! I can still remember back in elementary school when my teacher asked the class if we all wanted to fly X-Wings after watching Star Wars and I told her no I wanted to be an Imperial Officer.

#19 Posted by thenexusrebound (248 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to be one of Storm Shadows students. I will happily sign on that dotted line.

#20 Posted by wmwadeii (3250 posts) - - Show Bio

Please

#21 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely! But sadly...I already gave myself to the Galactic Empire when Family Guy: It's a Trap! came out :/

#22 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1343 posts) - - Show Bio

I,m in.

#23 Posted by Crackdown (605 posts) - - Show Bio

This guest stars Eric 'Smoke' Moran

#24 Posted by wmwadeii (3250 posts) - - Show Bio

@feebadger said:

agree

#25 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4853 posts) - - Show Bio

For a minute there I could have sworn I heard

The Few

The Proud

(+)

#26 Posted by ravisher (694 posts) - - Show Bio

that was good

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.