Follow

Clone Troopers

Team » Clone Troopers appears in 187 issues.

An army of clones created from the DNA of Jango Fett. Some have formed individual personalities, but all are ultimately obedient to Emperor Palpatine. They were known as "The Grand Army of the Republic" and served both the Old Republic and Empire.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars tv show

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By gmanfromheck

I'm a little confusesd.  Am I the only one that is interested in this show?  I love the idea of a weekly Star Wars show.  Sure it can't be on the same scale as the movies but have you seen the video I uploaded the other day?

It seems pretty ambitious to me.  I've posted a couple news bits here and here about the first two episodes airing on 10/3.  The lack of comments leads me to believe there's not much interest.
    LightBright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By LightBright

I think the show looks really good and will be a hit with the same crowd who liked the animated version of the Clone Wars. I think it'll be pretty good and have a fairly good reaction, but I haven't seen that much promotion for it. Maybe I'm just not big into the media or whatever. Anywho, I'm definetely looking forward to this show. The Clone Wars is one of the best story line thingies there are, so much new stuff can be pulled from it all the time. :)

speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By speedlgt

well I think people are getting tired of clone wars...I mean ep 4 - 6 are gold and are loved by everyone.  I think the problem is that what we have now is like being stuck in that trilogy too long. What I mean is that we have had the prequels and that kinda should be it but we have had the 2 dvd clone wars cartoon plus the CGI clone wars and now a TV show clone wars I think its a bit over kill on the whole CLONE WARS story which is basically Anakins story. I think fans would be more likely to welcome a story that was focused on other heros like Fett or yoda as main stars or further stories about the old republic or after return of the jedi.

none the less I am gonna watch it all cause I love starwars

Mr Mofo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Mr Mofo

I'll watch it.  That video clip looks cool.  The movie wasn't bad.  I'll have to remember to set my tivo.

Paragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Paragon

What about the other Clone Wars series. Seems kinda weird to have 2 shows that cover the same thing, with the same name, but aren't the same...

Shaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Shaper

Is this good? I'm sure if I should watch it.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Vrakmul
    G-Man said:
    "I'm a little confusesd.  Am I the only one that is interested in this show?  I love the idea of a weekly Star Wars show.  Sure it can't be on the same scale as the movies but have you seen the video I uploaded the other day?

It seems pretty ambitious to me.  I've posted a couple news bits here and here about the first two episodes airing on 10/3.  The lack of comments leads me to believe there's not much interest."
    It's freaking awesome.  Though I disagree with destroying the Malevolence so early on in the show, it deserved far more than that, at the least it should have been in a huge fleet to fleet battle, with trade federation battleships and providence class destroyers *the class of ship Grievous's last flagship the invisible hand belonged to* blasting apart the star destroyers, and the Malevolence destroying a all the big republic ships, *the republic did have super star destroyers/star dreadnoughts*, and eventually the malevolence would

Though I did like the fact that they finally created the origin of the Y-wing Assault Fighter, note if you couldn' t tell those bombers were the first model of y-wings, your either on some serious drugs, a complete idiot, someone who never watched episodes IV, V, & VI, blind, crazy, someone who never watched star wars before, etc, or any combination of the above.    

I also ike how that the Y-wings were different, instead of stripped down, battered, minimalized, exposed, and for some models of the y-wing, skeletoned crewed, they were shiny, covered, new, had a cool bubble turret instead of that skinny old turret that the turret gunner would sit beneath and use a holoscreen to aim, or for some the pilot controlled manually, or even were freaking fixed to face forward only for a few.  Though I really didn't like the fact that they had Naboo starfighter colors, it looked odd.        

Another thing that was good was that every time the Malevolence fired it's Super Ion cannon it had a cutscene that was a clear homage to the Death Star firing a component beam scene, from the interior view. 
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#8  Edited By gmanfromheck

I'm blown away at the lack of talk about it here.  Bottom line is it's Star Wars.  The CG design of the characters is growing on me.  I love that I can watch it with my daughter every week (even though it may not be 100% appropriate for her age, but she still likes it).  When I posted the video that Cartoon Network sent on youtube, I got about 5000 views on it in one week.  It's been up three weeks and as of now, it's been viewed 8,894 times.  It even has more comments posted than people usually do around here.   It kinda makes me sad.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Vrakmul
    Paragon said:
    "What about the other Clone Wars series. Seems kinda weird to have 2 shows that cover the same thing, with the same name, but aren't the same...

"
    That was the prototype, however it's every bit as canon as the movies, and so will this new series, and the clone wars movie.   Grievous better be as awesome in this series as he was in the old cartoon though, or else i'm going to be very peeved off.   The good thing is I can see that he already is much larger in this new show than he was in the movie.  So that means the special effect director's take on grievous's size has officially been rendered incorrect, though it still has the wrong cape color, Grievous is supposed to have a white cape, not a dark olive gray one.   I am also stoked for the new Star wars video game, star wars light saber duels, it's finally that light saber wii game we've all been foaming for.  Though because both Transformers and Star Wars specifically prefer Cartoon network over any other children's channel, does this mean Cartoon network finally has it's competitor's beat?  

After all, all Nickolodeon's action shows are now long gone, and the only two remaining shows of the 90s are spongebob and the fairly odd parents, though cartoon network no longer has any of it's shows that came before 2005, and most of it's 2006 shows are gone, so I hope that cartoon network will make a graveyard for it's old shows, like how nickolodeon originally intended Nicktoons Network to be like, then that channel grew out of it's shell and decided it would be better off making it's own original shows instead of taking nick's old shows and episodes, for example they got rid of shows like the angry beavers, rocko's modern life, and the ren & stimpy show for all their "originals", which makes me very angry, and it's what led me to stop watching that place.    

I will get Star Wars Force Unleashed at the same time as Star Wars Lightsaber duels, one of my cousins will mail me the games when he gets them, so I don't have to wait for the european release. 
    EganTheVile1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 52

#10  Edited By EganTheVile1

Season 1 is ending :( Can't wait for season two and the live action series.... Thank god Terminator the series is around to hold me over for awhile

MrMiracle77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By MrMiracle77

I've been pleased with the show in spite of its slow start.  Its very subtle in the way it addresses war to kids, and then sugar coats the whole thing with lightsabers and big noises.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Bumping this rather than creating a new thread;

IS THIS SERIES ANY GOOD? 

I love Star Wars, but I'm not a fan of what they've done with the prequels or that God-awful animated-movie thing. So is this series actually worth buying? Or give it a miss? Thanks in advance.

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Aiden Cross

I loved it, but you can watch it for free on the star wars site as well instead of buying it =) 

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @Aiden Cross: Thanks, I didn't know that :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.