Who would you side with?

• 138 results
#1 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, I've finally managed to finish the entire Civil War run and now I'm actually curious...

Everyone here, who did you side with?

Were you Pro-Registration with Iron Man?

Or Anti-Registration with Captain America?

Don't just say pro or anti, please actually back up your choice, I'd like to know what people's actual thoughts are towards this idea, how Superhuman registry is either a good or bad thing, or how you believe this has effected the Marvel universe, for good or for ill.

M

#2 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll be the first one to say it...

i surprised myself and actually came to the decision that Pro-registration was actually the right way to go...

now i don't agree with the way they went about it, but i believe it was the right thing to do and Tony Stark did have some good ideas, he just went about them in the wrong way. actually having now read the Civil War arc, i find myself respecting Iron Man more as a character now than i did before.

M

#3 Posted by Dormath (2398 posts) - - Show Bio

The way I see it is if you want to be a hero then you have to be registered. Cops, Military and the rest of our Justice system are so why should heroes be any different. I don’t think it should be public information but it should defiantly be know to high level officials, as well as a group to control them kinda like The Boys to keep them all in check.

#4 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

Nighthunter says:

"I was anti-registrationLike Green Arrow said in identity crisis, the mask is not only to protect their identity, but also to protect their loved ones.Any hero that has gone public has gone to hell, look at elongated man and spiderman just to name a few"
#5 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

on the whole lane

#6 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

I was anti-registration

Like Green Arrow said in identity crisis, the mask is not only to protect their identity, but also to protect their loved ones.

Any hero that has gone public has gone to hell, look at elongated man and spiderman just to name a few

#7 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Warlock360 says:

"Nighthunter says:
"I was anti-registrationLike Green Arrow said in identity crisis, the mask is not only to protect their identity, but also to protect their loved ones.Any hero that has gone public has gone to hell, look at elongated man and spiderman just to name a few"

"

so I guess you agree with me?

#8 Posted by lordraiden (7116 posts) - - Show Bio

Anti! Same reasons as cap. it's wrong and you can't really justify it in the name of security, cause then you start living in a totalitarian society! Stark running around saying either join or go to jail (and i can't believe he actually tried that on thor, but we know how that turned out)is the standard and way of the future, well then, that's just not a future worth living or fighting for!

#9 Posted by Assimilation (955 posts) - - Show Bio

I was also antiregistration, since saying who was behind the mask was not only a threat to the security of the superhero and their family, but it also could give a supervillain the advantage, and since they made the information that superheroes would have to be registered, any of the genius super villains could hack into a data security base, and simply get the information on someone, giving them hundreds of new ways to fight their opponent.

#10 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

lots of people anti-reg...

noone else pro-registration?

M

#11 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

I used to be on the fence with this, I would be pro-reg but I'm be anti-reg with how Iron Man runs things. On one side, you have a more organized superhero community, they can get paid like it is a regular job, and they will have to take responsibility for anything that goes wrong instead of fleeing the scene. Also I'm pretty sure that if they register only the government knows there identity, but Spidey was just stupid and reveals it to the world. But on the other hand, the way they enforced this law is just like the Mutant Registration Act, and it opens Pandora's Box because what do they do with people that were born with the powers and didn't have a choice? Throw em in the Negative Zone without a trial is what.

#12 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah, i do disagree with how Tony is going about it, but i can understand the benefits of having a complete record of all metahuman's on the planet...

M

#13 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

just out of curiosity... sorry to all the Marvel fans i'm bugging for information lol, is the Registration Act being enforced fully?

i mean, they're not just registering Superheroes are they? but villains and neutrals as well... anyone with post human powers right?

M

#14 Posted by Vance Astro (91233 posts) - - Show Bio

I would be Anti and side with Cap.I'm all about freedom and I hate the America government.Tony is one of my favorite heroes but I don't respect him as much as I respect Cap.

#15 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio

Anti.....it's a setup for genicide.

#16 Posted by Vance Astro (91233 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawk says:

"Anti.....it's a setup for genicide."

Not really.Cap has Hercules on his side.Iron Man doesn't have the firepower to take him down,that's why he made cyborg Thor.

#17 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"just out of curiosity... sorry to all the Marvel fans i'm bugging for information lol, is the Registration Act being enforced fully? i mean, they're not just registering Superheroes are they? but villains and neutrals as well... anyone with post human powers right? M"
Yeah, I think the only ones semi-immune are the X-Men.
#18 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"Hawk says:
Not really.Cap has Hercules on his side.Iron Man doesn't have the firepower to take him down,that's why he made cyborg Thor."

I ment that the registration sets up mutants to reveal themselves, like jews wearing the star of David in the Nazi reign.

#19 Posted by Vance Astro (91233 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawk says:

"Vance Astro says:
"Hawk says:
Not really.Cap has Hercules on his side.Iron Man doesn't have the firepower to take him down,that's why he made cyborg Thor."
I ment that the registration sets up mutants to reveal themselves, like jews wearing the star of David in the Nazi reign. "

Mutants didn't have to register.

#20 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

I would have to really think it over. I understand the need to register heros, but I understand the need to protect yourself and your family.

#21 Posted by Assimilation (955 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"Hawk says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Hawk says:
I ment that the registration sets up mutants to reveal themselves, like jews wearing the star of David in the Nazi reign. "
Mutants didn't have to register."

they did a while back, as well as in the movies. both times, it went badly.

#22 Posted by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio

Anti-Reg. I always say this. Do we have undercover cops? Yes. Does the public need to know there real identities? Of course not. So why would it be any different so superheroes? There's absolutely no reason what so ever why the public would need to know the true identities of these heroes, just like we don't need to know the identities of are undercover officers.

#23 Posted by Vance Astro (91233 posts) - - Show Bio

Assimilation says:

"Vance Astro says:
"Hawk says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Hawk says:
Mutants didn't have to register."
they did a while back, as well as in the movies. both times, it went badly."

Not during Civil War.

#24 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

I may have missed this but when did they say they revealed the heroes identity to the public?

#25 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Anti-Reg. I always say this. Do we have undercover cops? Yes. Does the public need to know there real identities? Of course not. So why would it be any different so superheroes? There's absolutely no reason what so ever why the public would need to know the true identities of these heroes, just like we don't need to know the identities of are undercover officers."
The thing is SOMEBODY knows who they are so they can take responibility for their actions. With superheroes they can get away with anything cause nobody knows who they are. That and like what was brought up, is the Registration doesn't just reveal the identity of superhumans, but it trains the ones that want to use their gifts to protect people so mistakes won't be made.
#26 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Anti-Reg. I always say this. Do we have undercover cops? Yes. Does the public need to know there real identities? Of course not. So why would it be any different so superheroes? There's absolutely no reason what so ever why the public would need to know the true identities of these heroes, just like we don't need to know the identities of are undercover officers."
That makes so much sense. LMAO I never thought of bringing up the real feds. LMAO
#27 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody says:

"Gambler says:
The thing is SOMEBODY knows who they are so they can take responibility for their actions. With superheroes they can get away with anything cause nobody knows who they are. That and like what was brought up, is the Registration doesn't just reveal the identity of superhumans, but it trains the ones that want to use their gifts to protect people so mistakes won't be made. "
The negative is, it imprisons those who don't go along with it.
#28 Posted by Vance Astro (91233 posts) - - Show Bio

zero edge says:

"I may have missed this but when did they say they revealed the heroes identity to the public?"

They didn't.

#29 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

i think to be a hero you should register but have your identity secret. i don't like the idea of registering non hero's and just normal meta-humans then drafting them to fight for their country though. im split down the middle with the idea because having a record of who has powers and what they can do is a good idea but taking people from their homes and making them fight or work for their country when they don't want to is wrong and goes against what being an American stands for. we have the draft in America but how often have we used it because of that reason?

register those who want to fight(but keep their identities a secret) and leave the others alone. LoL

#30 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

zero edge says:

"I may have missed this but when did they say they revealed the heroes identity to the public?"
I don't think they do like what Spider-Man does, but it would probably be open to the public through a SHIELD website or something.
#31 Posted by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#32 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"Ok, I've finally managed to finish the entire Civil War run and now I'm actually curious... Everyone here, who did you side with? Were you Pro-Registration with Iron Man? Or Anti-Registration with Captain America? Don't just say pro or anti, please actually back up your choice, I'd like to know what people's actual thoughts are towards this idea, how Superhuman registry is either a good or bad thing, or how you believe this has effected the Marvel universe, for good or for ill. M"

Anti-Reg

i just dont see the reason for a outting off all the costumed and uncostumed heros and villains to have to give our their identities. It just wasnt right and in many cases it caused more problems than it did good.

#33 Posted by Sling Shot (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

For me to trust all of me : Identity, family, etc.. to the confidence of men I would have to trust them. I don't, Anti reg.

#34 Posted by ~Queen~ (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Anti-Registration! :D

#35 Posted by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"zero edge says:

They didn't."

Really? I always thought it was public. Oops

#36 Posted by King Saturn (224190 posts) - - Show Bio

Nighthunter says:

"I was anti-registration Like Green Arrow said in identity crisis, the mask is not only to protect their identity, but also to protect their loved ones. Any hero that has gone public has gone to hell, look at elongated man and spiderman just to name a few"

Yeah. Thats a great explaination. I am Anti-Registration all the way.

#37 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Post Deleted."

LoL that was a good post why did you delete it?

#38 Posted by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio

acewasp23 says:

"Gambler says:
"Post Deleted."

LoL that was a good post why did you delete it? "

Cause it was based on the idea that the heroes identities where made public. But since there not it kinda defeats the purpose of my argument. Thanks though

#39 Posted by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm switching my position. I'm Pro-Reg

Those heroes put there families lives in danger the minute they decided to put on a mask in the first place. No one asked them to do what they do. Simply because you had some accident that gave you abilities beyond that of a normal human, doesn't mean you HAVE to go out and fight crime. They could use it for other purposes, like, I don't know, supporting the family they say they care so much about.

#40 Posted by ~Queen~ (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"I'm switching my position. I'm Pro-Reg Those heroes put there families lives in danger the minute they decided to put on a mask in the first place. No one asked them to do what they do. Simply because you had some accident that gave you abilities beyond that of a normal human, doesn't mean you HAVE to go out and fight crime. They could use it for other purposes, like, I don't know, supporting the family they say they care so much about."

Pro-Reg kinda makes sense, just like you have to register for a gun...but some people would rather remain anonymous..

#41 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

~Queen~ says:

"Gambler says:
"I'm switching my position. I'm Pro-Reg Those heroes put there families lives in danger the minute they decided to put on a mask in the first place. No one asked them to do what they do. Simply because you had some accident that gave you abilities beyond that of a normal human, doesn't mean you HAVE to go out and fight crime. They could use it for other purposes, like, I don't know, supporting the family they say they care so much about."

Pro-Reg kinda makes sense, just like you have to register for a gun...but some people would rather remain anonymous.."

But the thing is that if they don't want to register, why not just stop using you're powers and live a normal life. The rogue heroes just don't want to register and still go do vigilante stuff. What benefit do they really get for not registering when registering doesn't reveal their identities to the public? Why make it harder on something you're doing for free already, when you could get paid and not get chased by other heroes?

#42 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

zero edge says:

"But the thing is that if they don't want to register, why not just stop using you're powers and live a normal life. The rogue heroes just don't want to register and still go do vigilante stuff. What benefit do they really get for not registering when registering doesn't reveal their identities to the public? Why make it harder on something you're doing for free already, when you could get paid and not get chased by other heroes?"

yeah they should register if they want to fight to make the world a better place. its the people that don't want to fight or be a hero that shouldn't have to register and be able to live a normal life, but if they don't they go to the negative zone with out trial. its like the draft in the 70's that people were against.

#43 Posted by ~Queen~ (8 posts) - - Show Bio

I look at it 2 ways..

Pro: People have the right to know whether they are going to school with someone who could kill them in 2 seconds

Anti: People still desrve privacy, it's kinda like having to register to let people know your religion or sexual orientation...

So I'm stuck between both choices :)

#44 Posted by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio

The Registration makes sense, but its the things that came along with it. Like Jack Flag not registering and helping out a woman who was being attacked, only to have a group of Supervillians, led by one of the most famous villains ever come and cripple him for life? The hypocrisy is almost comical. "Here, we know you've robbed, killed, and stole before, but where given you a second chance. Only to turn around and say, "We know you've fought the good fight, protected people as best you could, and generally made the world a safer place to live in, but, you didn't resister so know where shipping you off to another dimension. Trial? Lawyer? HAHAHAHA, silly hero."

But either way, it made for a good and interesting story
Post Edited:2008-02-14 14:04:19

#45 Posted by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio

acewasp23 says:

"Gambler says:
"But either way, it made for a good and interesting story
Post Edited:2008-02-14 14:04:19"

registering Vine members in an RPG or for a team would be cool too. LoL "

Yeah it would lmao

#46 Posted by The WeatherMan (3214 posts) - - Show Bio

I was going to say I side with Captain America all the way. Why? Because, it's invading your privacy, they don't put on masks for themselves, they do it for their families, friends and loved ones, to protect them. The old way worked for so long, I have no idea why they would want to have them register. I'm anti.

#47 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

~Queen~ says:

"it's kinda like having to register to let people know your religion or sexual orientation... So I'm stuck between both choices :)"

sounds like what the Nazis did to the Jewish people during the holocaust. register and live for awhile or don't and go to the camp.... um sooner.

#48 Posted by ~Queen~ (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"The Registration makes sense, but its the things that came along with it. Like Jake Flag not registering and helping out a woman who was being attacked, only to have a group of Supervillians, led by one of the most famous villains ever come and cripple him for life? The hypocrisy is almost comical. "Here, we know you've robbed, killed, and stole before, but where given you a second chance. Only to turn around and say, "We know you've fought the good fight, protected people as best you could, and generally made the world a safer place to live in, but, you didn't resister so know where shipping you off to another dimension. Trial? Lawyer? HAHAHAHA, silly hero." But either way, it made for a good and interesting story"

this is true..

it was interesting

#49 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"But either way, it made for a good and interesting story
Post Edited:2008-02-14 14:04:19"

registering Vine members in an RPG or for a team would be cool too. LoL

#50 Posted by speedlgt (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

I side with Cap Duh! na really I like what he said about that heros must rise above all the crap of the gov and politics. Maybe no one can fix the system and mess on washington its not perfect and maybe it is the best choice. But its good to have a few heros who can stand fro they know is right with out the crap and conflicts of intrest that the gov has.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.