Follow

Civil War

Story arc »

Following a catastrophic tragedy caused by superhumans, the US Government passes a Super-Human Registration Act that requires all super-powered individuals in the country to reveal their identities, disclose their powers and personal details, and register as government employees or risk indefinite incarceration. This causes a deep rift in the hero community, with some backing the Act while others oppose it.

Who would you side with?

• 138 results
    Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Methos

Ok, I've finally managed to finish the entire Civil War run and now I'm actually curious...

Everyone here, who did you side with?

Were you Pro-Registration with Iron Man?

Or Anti-Registration with Captain America?

Don't just say pro or anti, please actually back up your choice, I'd like to know what people's actual thoughts are towards this idea, how Superhuman registry is either a good or bad thing, or how you believe this has effected the Marvel universe, for good or for ill.

M

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Methos

I'll be the first one to say it...

i surprised myself and actually came to the decision that Pro-registration was actually the right way to go...

now i don't agree with the way they went about it, but i believe it was the right thing to do and Tony Stark did have some good ideas, he just went about them in the wrong way. actually having now read the Civil War arc, i find myself respecting Iron Man more as a character now than i did before.

M

Dormath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Dormath

The way I see it is if you want to be a hero then you have to be registered. Cops, Military and the rest of our Justice system are so why should heroes be any different. I don’t think it should be public information but it should defiantly be know to high level officials, as well as a group to control them kinda like The Boys to keep them all in check.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By warlock360

Nighthunter says:

"I was anti-registrationLike Green Arrow said in identity crisis, the mask is not only to protect their identity, but also to protect their loved ones.Any hero that has gone public has gone to hell, look at elongated man and spiderman just to name a few"
    warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By warlock360

on the whole lane

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Nighthunter

I was anti-registration

Like Green Arrow said in identity crisis, the mask is not only to protect their identity, but also to protect their loved ones.

Any hero that has gone public has gone to hell, look at elongated man and spiderman just to name a few

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Nighthunter

Warlock360 says:

"Nighthunter says:
    "I was anti-registrationLike Green Arrow said in identity crisis, the mask is not only to protect their identity, but also to protect their loved ones.Any hero that has gone public has gone to hell, look at elongated man and spiderman just to name a few"

"

so I guess you agree with me?

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By lordraiden

Anti! Same reasons as cap. it's wrong and you can't really justify it in the name of security, cause then you start living in a totalitarian society! Stark running around saying either join or go to jail (and i can't believe he actually tried that on thor, but we know how that turned out)is the standard and way of the future, well then, that's just not a future worth living or fighting for!

Assimilation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By Assimilation

I was also antiregistration, since saying who was behind the mask was not only a threat to the security of the superhero and their family, but it also could give a supervillain the advantage, and since they made the information that superheroes would have to be registered, any of the genius super villains could hack into a data security base, and simply get the information on someone, giving them hundreds of new ways to fight their opponent.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Methos

lots of people anti-reg...

noone else pro-registration?

M

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11  Edited By zero edge

I used to be on the fence with this, I would be pro-reg but I'm be anti-reg with how Iron Man runs things. On one side, you have a more organized superhero community, they can get paid like it is a regular job, and they will have to take responsibility for anything that goes wrong instead of fleeing the scene. Also I'm pretty sure that if they register only the government knows there identity, but Spidey was just stupid and reveals it to the world. But on the other hand, the way they enforced this law is just like the Mutant Registration Act, and it opens Pandora's Box because what do they do with people that were born with the powers and didn't have a choice? Throw em in the Negative Zone without a trial is what.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Methos

yeah, i do disagree with how Tony is going about it, but i can understand the benefits of having a complete record of all metahuman's on the planet...

M

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Methos

just out of curiosity... sorry to all the Marvel fans i'm bugging for information lol, is the Registration Act being enforced fully?

i mean, they're not just registering Superheroes are they? but villains and neutrals as well... anyone with post human powers right?

M

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#14  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I would be Anti and side with Cap.I'm all about freedom and I hate the America government.Tony is one of my favorite heroes but I don't respect him as much as I respect Cap.

Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Hawk

Anti.....it's a setup for genicide.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Hawk says:

"Anti.....it's a setup for genicide."

Not really.Cap has Hercules on his side.Iron Man doesn't have the firepower to take him down,that's why he made cyborg Thor.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By WARLOCK2792

Methos says:

"just out of curiosity... sorry to all the Marvel fans i'm bugging for information lol, is the Registration Act being enforced fully? i mean, they're not just registering Superheroes are they? but villains and neutrals as well... anyone with post human powers right? M"
    Yeah, I think the only ones semi-immune are the X-Men.
    Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Hawk

Vance Astro says:

"Hawk says:
    Not really.Cap has Hercules on his side.Iron Man doesn't have the firepower to take him down,that's why he made cyborg Thor."

I ment that the registration sets up mutants to reveal themselves, like jews wearing the star of David in the Nazi reign.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Hawk says:

"Vance Astro says:
    "Hawk says:
    Not really.Cap has Hercules on his side.Iron Man doesn't have the firepower to take him down,that's why he made cyborg Thor."
    I ment that the registration sets up mutants to reveal themselves, like jews wearing the star of David in the Nazi reign. "

Mutants didn't have to register.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#20  Edited By The_Martian

I would have to really think it over. I understand the need to register heros, but I understand the need to protect yourself and your family.

Assimilation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21  Edited By Assimilation

Vance Astro says:

"Hawk says:
    "Vance Astro says:
    "Hawk says:
    I ment that the registration sets up mutants to reveal themselves, like jews wearing the star of David in the Nazi reign. "
    Mutants didn't have to register."

they did a while back, as well as in the movies. both times, it went badly.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Anti-Reg. I always say this. Do we have undercover cops? Yes. Does the public need to know there real identities? Of course not. So why would it be any different so superheroes? There's absolutely no reason what so ever why the public would need to know the true identities of these heroes, just like we don't need to know the identities of are undercover officers.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Assimilation says:

"Vance Astro says:
    "Hawk says:
    "Vance Astro says:
    "Hawk says:
    Mutants didn't have to register."
    they did a while back, as well as in the movies. both times, it went badly."

Not during Civil War.

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By zero edge

I may have missed this but when did they say they revealed the heroes identity to the public?

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By The_Martian

Gambler says:

"Anti-Reg. I always say this. Do we have undercover cops? Yes. Does the public need to know there real identities? Of course not. So why would it be any different so superheroes? There's absolutely no reason what so ever why the public would need to know the true identities of these heroes, just like we don't need to know the identities of are undercover officers."
    The thing is SOMEBODY knows who they are so they can take responibility for their actions. With superheroes they can get away with anything cause nobody knows who they are. That and like what was brought up, is the Registration doesn't just reveal the identity of superhumans, but it trains the ones that want to use their gifts to protect people so mistakes won't be made.
    WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By WARLOCK2792

Gambler says:

"Anti-Reg. I always say this. Do we have undercover cops? Yes. Does the public need to know there real identities? Of course not. So why would it be any different so superheroes? There's absolutely no reason what so ever why the public would need to know the true identities of these heroes, just like we don't need to know the identities of are undercover officers."
    That makes so much sense. LMAO I never thought of bringing up the real feds. LMAO
    WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By WARLOCK2792

Nobody says:

"Gambler says:
    The thing is SOMEBODY knows who they are so they can take responibility for their actions. With superheroes they can get away with anything cause nobody knows who they are. That and like what was brought up, is the Registration doesn't just reveal the identity of superhumans, but it trains the ones that want to use their gifts to protect people so mistakes won't be made. "
    The negative is, it imprisons those who don't go along with it.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

zero edge says:

"I may have missed this but when did they say they revealed the heroes identity to the public?"

They didn't.

acewasp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By acewasp23

i think to be a hero you should register but have your identity secret. i don't like the idea of registering non hero's and just normal meta-humans then drafting them to fight for their country though. im split down the middle with the idea because having a record of who has powers and what they can do is a good idea but taking people from their homes and making them fight or work for their country when they don't want to is wrong and goes against what being an American stands for. we have the draft in America but how often have we used it because of that reason?

register those who want to fight(but keep their identities a secret) and leave the others alone. LoL

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By The_Martian

zero edge says:

"I may have missed this but when did they say they revealed the heroes identity to the public?"
    I don't think they do like what Spider-Man does, but it would probably be open to the public through a SHIELD website or something.
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Post Deleted.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#32  Edited By Darkchild

Methos says:

"Ok, I've finally managed to finish the entire Civil War run and now I'm actually curious... Everyone here, who did you side with? Were you Pro-Registration with Iron Man? Or Anti-Registration with Captain America? Don't just say pro or anti, please actually back up your choice, I'd like to know what people's actual thoughts are towards this idea, how Superhuman registry is either a good or bad thing, or how you believe this has effected the Marvel universe, for good or for ill. M"

Anti-Reg

i just dont see the reason for a outting off all the costumed and uncostumed heros and villains to have to give our their identities. It just wasnt right and in many cases it caused more problems than it did good.

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Sling Shot

For me to trust all of me : Identity, family, etc.. to the confidence of men I would have to trust them. I don't, Anti reg.

~Queen~

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ~Queen~

Anti-Registration! :D

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Vance Astro says:

"zero edge says:

They didn't."

Really? I always thought it was public. Oops

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By King_Saturn

Nighthunter says:

"I was anti-registration Like Green Arrow said in identity crisis, the mask is not only to protect their identity, but also to protect their loved ones. Any hero that has gone public has gone to hell, look at elongated man and spiderman just to name a few"

Yeah. Thats a great explaination. I am Anti-Registration all the way.

acewasp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By acewasp23

Gambler says:

"Post Deleted."

LoL that was a good post why did you delete it?

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By The_Ghostshell

acewasp23 says:

"Gambler says:
    "Post Deleted."

LoL that was a good post why did you delete it? "

Cause it was based on the idea that the heroes identities where made public. But since there not it kinda defeats the purpose of my argument. Thanks though

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I'm switching my position. I'm Pro-Reg

Those heroes put there families lives in danger the minute they decided to put on a mask in the first place. No one asked them to do what they do. Simply because you had some accident that gave you abilities beyond that of a normal human, doesn't mean you HAVE to go out and fight crime. They could use it for other purposes, like, I don't know, supporting the family they say they care so much about.

~Queen~

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ~Queen~

Gambler says:

"I'm switching my position. I'm Pro-Reg Those heroes put there families lives in danger the minute they decided to put on a mask in the first place. No one asked them to do what they do. Simply because you had some accident that gave you abilities beyond that of a normal human, doesn't mean you HAVE to go out and fight crime. They could use it for other purposes, like, I don't know, supporting the family they say they care so much about."

Pro-Reg kinda makes sense, just like you have to register for a gun...but some people would rather remain anonymous..

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By zero edge

~Queen~ says:

"Gambler says:
    "I'm switching my position. I'm Pro-Reg Those heroes put there families lives in danger the minute they decided to put on a mask in the first place. No one asked them to do what they do. Simply because you had some accident that gave you abilities beyond that of a normal human, doesn't mean you HAVE to go out and fight crime. They could use it for other purposes, like, I don't know, supporting the family they say they care so much about."

Pro-Reg kinda makes sense, just like you have to register for a gun...but some people would rather remain anonymous.."

But the thing is that if they don't want to register, why not just stop using you're powers and live a normal life. The rogue heroes just don't want to register and still go do vigilante stuff. What benefit do they really get for not registering when registering doesn't reveal their identities to the public? Why make it harder on something you're doing for free already, when you could get paid and not get chased by other heroes?

acewasp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By acewasp23

zero edge says:

"But the thing is that if they don't want to register, why not just stop using you're powers and live a normal life. The rogue heroes just don't want to register and still go do vigilante stuff. What benefit do they really get for not registering when registering doesn't reveal their identities to the public? Why make it harder on something you're doing for free already, when you could get paid and not get chased by other heroes?"

yeah they should register if they want to fight to make the world a better place. its the people that don't want to fight or be a hero that shouldn't have to register and be able to live a normal life, but if they don't they go to the negative zone with out trial. its like the draft in the 70's that people were against.

~Queen~

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By ~Queen~

I look at it 2 ways..

Pro: People have the right to know whether they are going to school with someone who could kill them in 2 seconds

Anti: People still desrve privacy, it's kinda like having to register to let people know your religion or sexual orientation...

So I'm stuck between both choices :)

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By The_Ghostshell

The Registration makes sense, but its the things that came along with it. Like Jack Flag not registering and helping out a woman who was being attacked, only to have a group of Supervillians, led by one of the most famous villains ever come and cripple him for life? The hypocrisy is almost comical. "Here, we know you've robbed, killed, and stole before, but where given you a second chance. Only to turn around and say, "We know you've fought the good fight, protected people as best you could, and generally made the world a safer place to live in, but, you didn't resister so know where shipping you off to another dimension. Trial? Lawyer? HAHAHAHA, silly hero."

But either way, it made for a good and interesting story
    Post Edited:2008-02-14 14:04:19

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By The_Ghostshell

acewasp23 says:

"Gambler says:
    "But either way, it made for a good and interesting story
    Post Edited:2008-02-14 14:04:19"

registering Vine members in an RPG or for a team would be cool too. LoL "

Yeah it would lmao

The WeatherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#46  Edited By The WeatherMan

I was going to say I side with Captain America all the way. Why? Because, it's invading your privacy, they don't put on masks for themselves, they do it for their families, friends and loved ones, to protect them. The old way worked for so long, I have no idea why they would want to have them register. I'm anti.

acewasp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By acewasp23

~Queen~ says:

"it's kinda like having to register to let people know your religion or sexual orientation... So I'm stuck between both choices :)"

sounds like what the Nazis did to the Jewish people during the holocaust. register and live for awhile or don't and go to the camp.... um sooner.

~Queen~

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ~Queen~

Gambler says:

"The Registration makes sense, but its the things that came along with it. Like Jake Flag not registering and helping out a woman who was being attacked, only to have a group of Supervillians, led by one of the most famous villains ever come and cripple him for life? The hypocrisy is almost comical. "Here, we know you've robbed, killed, and stole before, but where given you a second chance. Only to turn around and say, "We know you've fought the good fight, protected people as best you could, and generally made the world a safer place to live in, but, you didn't resister so know where shipping you off to another dimension. Trial? Lawyer? HAHAHAHA, silly hero." But either way, it made for a good and interesting story"

this is true..

it was interesting

acewasp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By acewasp23

Gambler says:

"But either way, it made for a good and interesting story
    Post Edited:2008-02-14 14:04:19"

registering Vine members in an RPG or for a team would be cool too. LoL

speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By speedlgt

I side with Cap Duh! na really I like what he said about that heros must rise above all the crap of the gov and politics. Maybe no one can fix the system and mess on washington its not perfect and maybe it is the best choice. But its good to have a few heros who can stand fro they know is right with out the crap and conflicts of intrest that the gov has.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.