Follow

Civil War

Story arc »

Following a catastrophic tragedy caused by superhumans, the US Government passes a Super-Human Registration Act that requires all super-powered individuals in the country to reveal their identities, disclose their powers and personal details, and register as government employees or risk indefinite incarceration. This causes a deep rift in the hero community, with some backing the Act while others oppose it.

Re:"Civil War" in graphic novel form

Paracelsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Paracelsus

I just bought "Civil War "in graphic novel form yesterday. As with the "War Between The States" of 1861-65, it was fought over constitutional principle ie secession and slavery as well as those who (like Captain America) who argued that the US Government had no right to force heroes to register under the SHRA and those such as Tony Stark, Reed Richards and others who thought that registry under the SHRA was a compromise without which the call to ban heroes completely (as advocated by elements within SHIELD and the US Government) might well carry the day. 
    Good men (Bill Foster and ulitmately Captain America) himself died on both sides( actually nobody is known to have died on the pro-SHRA side) JUST LIKE THE WAR BETWEEN THE STATES.. 

But it had its amusing moments such as when The Human Torch and The Invisible Woman masquerade as a married couple("Mr and Mrs Ryan Landau") or when Patriot of the Young Avengers advocates a superhero strike. I found Sue's letter to Reed explaining why she and Johnny were joining Cap's Secret Avengers and his to her after the conclusion of the story deeply moving. 
    I'm curious as to this whole business of The Initiative- who will be the super-teams in states such as Massachusetts, Alabama or Hawaii, North and South Dakota, Rhode Island and others? 

Terry
    info nation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By info nation
    @Paracelsus: The only problem I had with "Civil War" was the plot holes, aside from that, it was a pretty interesting concept if nothing else.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.