Iron Man Sucks

• 93 results
#1 Posted by Johntheman (7 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know if I'm the only one, but Tony Stark was a complete douchbag during the whole entire series. Why should superheroes work for the government just because somebody blew up the school? I was on Captain America's side the whole time. Very bad ending I might add. Anyone agree?

#2 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio

Sighs another Tony hater Shakes head

#3 Posted by Johntheman (7 posts) - - Show Bio

No I always have liked Iron Man before and after this series, but during the saga, I was just not on his side. He's not even a superhero, he's just really smart and has a cool suit.

#4 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been struggling with this alot lately and I have to agree.

The Thunderbolts? Secretly putting together some of the worst criminals in the Marvel, WTF, %$#@ Tony

Cloning a friend, a teammate, a God, and then using this creation to kill a hero? $#@! Tony

All the times he slipped, who was the one person there to catch him? Cap, Tony may not have pulled the trigger, but he killed Captain America. %$#@ Tony

#5 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

bangs head against keyboard

Why is the first thing I see a hate thread? Anyway, to answer your questions John. I thought Civil War had a great ending, I thought the Civil War series was phenomenal. I was backing Steve the whole time myself, but I don't actually hate Tony. I just think he was being a douche. But who knows what the future holds for him. It should make for some really good stories.

#6 Posted by Johntheman (7 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea I really didn't mean "Hate" but just kind of irritated, but not surprised that he would be a pro-reg. He really doesn't have anything to lose.

#7 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Ah. Well in that case. I agree entirely. Tony's a complete @$$hole. He got owned by Peter and Thor so that's some substantial punishment. Hopefully he gets beaten down by more people.

#8 Posted by Heart of Infinity (1045 posts) - - Show Bio

Well as wrestling would put it Iron man is becoming a "heel" The rock, stone cold and triple H have done it for years. They can do it to comics too, to become a twist. To make the story interesting

Villians become good guys or anti heroes in comics a lot. Ironman can become a duechbag. If you end up hating Iron man then the writers somewhat did their jobs. They made a real good villian. Who even betrayed you as the writers trust. Its a controversial plot.

Where if doctor doom double crossed or was duechbag like. It would be expect it.

I always liked Iron Man. Even as a fan I am kinda happy that the writters take me out of my "comfort zone" sometimes.

Without someone like Iron Man the Civil war story wouldnt of worked.

#9 Posted by The Ion (686 posts) - - Show Bio

DUDE SCREWED UP SPIDERMAN LIFE. I can't forgive anyone who screw up spiderman life

#10 Posted by Final Arrow (24386 posts) - - Show Bio

Look at the end of the day, Marvel did what they needed to do, You hate tony and some hate Cap now, That was the plan!

I like the idea of TOny having to show a human side after the bombing and I can see his reason behind everything apart from the thunderboltz!

But You either hate him now or you love him!

#11 Posted by Copy (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternal Chaos says:

"The Ion says:
"DUDE SCREWED UP SPIDERMAN LIFE. I can't forgive anyone who screw up spiderman life"
You're Spiderman 0409/The Mighty Thor/Copy aren't you?"

yea i am thinkin of using ion for the dc universe thread if methos lets me be the new version

#12 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

The Ion says:

"DUDE SCREWED UP SPIDERMAN LIFE. I can't forgive anyone who screw up spiderman life"

You're Spiderman 0409/The Mighty Thor/Copy aren't you?

#13 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Copy says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"The Ion says:
You're Spiderman 0409/The Mighty Thor/Copy aren't you?"
yea i am thinkin of using ion for the dc universe thread if methos lets me be the new version"

I knew it was you. lol. Your writing is easy to read through.

#14 Posted by Ms. Invisible (3292 posts) - - Show Bio

This whole, "Iron Man's a douchebag" thing is pretty old, y'know.

#15 Posted by Vrakmul (23407 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron man is nearly as much of a Douchebag as George W Bush. And that's not by much.

#16 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Ms. Invisible says:

"This whole, "Iron Man's a douchebag" thing is pretty old, y'know."

yeah really.
Post Edited:2007-10-10 20:59:30

#17 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by Vrakmul (23407 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's see he killed Captain america, He ruined things for just about every other superhero, He banished hulk to some far off planet only to have him come back more pissed off then ever and start world war three, He threatened Asgard and it's inhabitants the relam of the Norse GODS, and He pissed off namor and divided the Fantastic four amongst itself. Did I miss anything?

#19 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Dreadnaught says:

"Let's see he killed Captain america, He ruined things for just about every other superhero, He banished hulk to some far off planet only to have him come back more pissed off then ever and start world war three, He threatened Asgard and it's inhabitants the relam of the Norse **GODS**, and He pissed off namor and divided the Fantastic four amongst itself. Did I miss anything?"

He cloned Thor.

#20 Posted by Johntheman (7 posts) - - Show Bio

After I read Civil War, I had a hard time switching over to liking Iron Man after the civil war. Even in the Ultimates series (By that I mean Ultimate Spider-Man, Ultimate Iron Man, Etc.) I now feel no interest of Captain America if it's not Steve Rogers.

#21 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"Dreadnaught says:
"Let's see he killed Captain america, He ruined things for just about every other superhero, He banished hulk to some far off planet only to have him come back more pissed off then ever and start world war three, He threatened Asgard and it's inhabitants the relam of the Norse **GODS**, and He pissed off namor and divided the Fantastic four amongst itself. Did I miss anything?"
1.Crossbones and Agent 13 killed Captain American.Tony had him arrested and Captain America's comics have gotten more interesting and gained more readers with him dead.Besides there will always be a Captain America, just not Steve Rogers. 2.The Hulk has also become a more interesting hero since World War Hulk.What was he doing before, no one cared about him. 3.Tony Stark does these things because he's pro registration.Marvel makes him do it because it makes room for other characters to be involved in more interesting stories."
  1. Stark is the one who's ultimately responsible because that bullet was for him, and if he wasn't a douche, he would've gone against the registration.

2. Put yourself in Hulk's position. Imagine everything you had destroyed, and somebody being responsible. So it's messed up.

3. Tony's a douche, that's his character.

#22 Posted by Ms. Invisible (3292 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python, you hit the nail on the head with your points. I don't believe he is a douchebag. Just because his point of views don't sway with the majority of whoever is out there (readers, comic characters etc.), he is suddenly called a douchebag? That's just stupid and it's not very accepting of his views.

I think he should be respected for making such a decision. He knew what would happen but he still chose, and he deals with the pressures of it. That's what I call having the guts to do what a lot of people are afraid of, because most people can't even deal with the repercussions of the choices they make.

#23 Posted by Iron Apollo (2191 posts) - - Show Bio

I luv to hate him

#24 Posted by Johntheman (7 posts) - - Show Bio

To go and put them into the Negative Zone was being sort of a douchbag.

#25 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio

He illegally cloned a friend, and a teammate. Wich resulted in the death of a HERO.

He Secretly formed a group of SUPERVILLAINS Hello! Did Jack Flag really deserve to be parallelized for life, an then beating while in custody? Is Tony that dumb to think he can have Venom, Bullseye AND the Green %$#@ing Goblin capturing HEROES, are you people daft?

And we don't even need to get into how he was a douchbag before Civil War ever started.

No he didn't pull the trigger, he killed Cap long before that bullet ever did.

#26 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"King of Kings says:
"He illegally cloned a friend, and a teammate. Wich resulted in the death of a HERO. He **Secretly** formed a group of SUPERVILLAINS Hello! Did Jack Flag really deserve to be parallelized for life, an then beating while in custody? Is Tony that dumb to think he can have Venom, Bullseye AND the Green %$#@ing Goblin capturing HEROES, are you people daft? And we don't even need to get into how he was a douchbag before Civil War ever started. No he didn't pull the trigger, he killed Cap long before that bullet ever did. "

1.Tony didn't clone Thor..Hank Pym and Reed Richards did.Goliath is a hero but Marvel needed a way to get rid of a pointless character.

2.Tony isn't dumb by letting the Thunderbolts exist.Again MARVEL using Tony to get rid of characters that are either virtual clones of another character like Jack Flag is of Cap by making him make poor decisions.Although the Thunderbolts are villians,Tony keeps them arond because he knows they will apprehend people by any means nessassary and don't mind breaking rules to get the job done.Jack Flag deserves to be paralyzed,he's not pro registration nor is he good enough of a hero to take CAP's place, therefore they either have to kill him or put him out of commision so they don't have to waste any more pages on his whereabouts.

3.Captain America's death really has nothing to do with Tony,what it did was set up in epic battle between two great heroes and put an end to a superhero that was getting old and didn't have much more he could do in his storyline.

4.Read between the lines,why would Marvel clearly favor a character who continuously makes bad judgements and essentially became a bad guy in a sense.He's not a douche he's a tool to make characters and storylines better."

See, your looking at it as a business move for Marvel, no ones arguing that the story wasn't amazing. But clearly Marvel made Tony the villain in this series. He's always been a douchbag, its who his character is. from being an alcoholic to sleeping with his friends wife, Tony Stark is a douch.

Like I said, Tony was a douchbag before Civil War. You just said the Thunderbolts will do WHATEVER it takes to get the job done, including breaking the rules, correct? So its okay to break the law, as long as its for what Tony deems important, your making my case for me. In capturing Jack Flag they destroyed public property and could have killed somebody, thats EXACTLY what the Reg side was supposed to be against. If what they were doing was so just, then why did they lie an say Jack planted bombs, why not tell the truth? Cause the %$#@ing villains thats why.

The idea of policing heroes was sound, but the plan and the execution was flawed. Hank and Reed may have done the actual deed, but who gave them the DNA? Who got the DNA in the first place? Who told them what to do with said DNA? Don't try and play it off like it wasn't Tony.

Not much more in his story line? Old? What have you been reading?
Post Edited:2007-10-11 03:59:20

#27 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Just because you believe in a cause, doesn't make it right, doesn't mean your not douchbag for believing it.

2. How the $#@! can you say killing HEROES in the name of the Registration Act, is not a douchbag move? No trial, no lawyer, just a first class ticket to the Negative Zone. He's completely bypassed there basic civil rights as Americans, what is this Nazi Germany? "Your a practicing Hero (Jew) off to the Negative Zone with you."

3. I can do that, Reed and Pym an anyone else who followed Tony is also a douchbag.

4. Thats a matter of your opinion an a completely separate debate. Wonder Woman comics are boring as hell to me, should they just kill her off to make her books more interesting? How about we kill ALL the characters who's sales drop below a certain level or who Colt has deemed unnecessary. There's always more to a storyline, its called CREATIVITY. You dont just say, "Meh, he's old, lets kill em." WTF is that?
    Post Edited:2007-10-11 06:45:40

#28 Posted by Chameleone (8710 posts) - - Show Bio

King of Kings says:

"1. Just because you believe in a cause, doesn't make it right, doesn't mean your not douchbag for believing it.2. How the $#@! can you say killing **HEROES** in the name of the Registration Act, is not a douchbag move? No trial, no lawyer, just a first class ticket to the Negative Zone. He's completely bypassed there basic civil rights as Americans, what is this Nazi Germany? "Your a practicing Hero (Jew) off to the Negative Zone with you."3. I can do that, Reed and Pym an anyone else who followed Tony is also a douchbag.4. Thats a matter of your opinion an a completely separate debate. Wonder Woman comics are boring as hell to me, should they just kill her off to make her books more interesting? How about we kill ALL the characters who's sales drop below a certain level or who Colt has deemed unnecessary. There's always more to a storyline, its called CREATIVITY. You dont just say, "Meh, he's old, lets kill em." WTF is that?
Post Edited:2007-10-11 06:45:40"

amen.

#29 Posted by Mantid (4418 posts) - - Show Bio

Agreed

Don't Tase Me, Bro!!!

#30 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. He's apprehending them an sending them to another plan of existence, you act as if he's just rounding them up for the local jail. Just because they have powers or wear a mask doesn't mean they forfeit the rights afforded to them by the CONSTITUTION, but you keep avoiding that fact.

2. Like I keep saying an you keep ignoring, the Registration Act as an IDEA is sound, the way its been executed is flawed. There's no reason the public needs to know who Spiderman is, we have law enforcement officers that are undercover right now, we don't know there names and we don't need to, if that information were made public, there lives as well as those of there family's would be in grave danger.

3. No? Iron Man being a drunk wasn't a douchbag move? Illegally cloning someone isn't a douchbag move? Banging your teammates ex-wife in her moment of weakness isn't a douchbag move? I have so many more examples it isn't even funny, but whats the point, you'll just skip over them anyway.

4. Your right, Tony winning Civil War isn't what makes him a douchbag, I never said that. I said he was a douchbag before Civil War, an his actions and the depths he'll sink when he thinks he's right is what makes him a douchbag.

Nothing I say is going to change your views, just like nothing you say is going to change mine. The Registration Act is a violation of Civil Liberties, and there's no denying that.
Post Edited:2007-10-11 11:53:02

#31 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#32 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio

We can agree to disagree.

#33 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"King of Kings says:
"We can agree to disagree."

I guess so I just don't think people should say Iron Man is a bad character because he may be a douche or because he believes in things they don't.He is shaping Marvel into what it will be in the future."

Wait wait, I never said he was a bad character. I like the character, I like that he pisses me off, gets me emotionally involved. I loved Civil War, it made people care, it divided Marvel and comic book fans down the middle. I only said Tony was a douchbag an I stick by it.

#34 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

The Ion says:

As I told you before he didn't. I am spiderman621, a huge spider-man fan and the only one who screwed up Spider-Man's life is Spider-Man. He messed up his life by switching sides. If he would have been anti to begin with his identity would have never but revealed. Or if he would have stayed pro reg, aunt may and mj would have never been in danger cause they would have been living in stark towers which we have seen have very durable windows. There would be no danger for them if he would have chosen a side and stuck with it. As for Tony being a jerk or whatever, I don't think he is. He may have made a lot of mistakes but his heart was always in the right place.
#35 Posted by crazy spidey (3489 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man= DoUCHE

#36 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

crazy spidey says:

"Iron Man= **DoUCHE**"
You do realize that you have Hitler as your avatar, don't you?
#37 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody says:

"crazy spidey says:
"Iron Man= **DoUCHE**"
You do realize that you have Hitler as your avatar, don't you?"

Actually thats Erik Cartman. Not Hitler.

#38 Posted by Johntheman (7 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt you said Marvel needed to get rid of a pointless character like Goliath, Captain America was definatly not a pointless character. Also I bet a theres a lot of Captain America fans out there that are not goint to buy Captain America comic books anymore. Thats what I hated about DC when they killed Superman. It also really screws up the story line if they bring a character back to life in some weird magical way. That was a pretty intense part of the story when thor came by, but to kill Captain America? Stupid move Marvel.

#39 Posted by WindStalker (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#40 Posted by Soviet Black (62 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still reading civil war. I'm at issue #6. It was Spider-Man's choice that he wanted to

join the resignation act. Hes the one who mess up his life. I'm still piss of at ironman

for making a clone out of thor and killing Goliath.

#41 Posted by Irredeemable Ant-Man (104 posts) - - Show Bio

Donnieman v5.1 says:

"#IRON MAN RULES!#"

Thank you. I'm sorry but you guys have to stop blaming Iron Man for everything. With this Secret Invasion thing coming the only person you will be able to trust is Iron Man.

#42 Posted by Unbelonger (2770 posts) - - Show Bio

I have always like Iron Man, i guess Marvel just needed a good plot for the series, what i don't like is that they picked Iron Man to become this bastard.

#43 Posted by Unbelonger (2770 posts) - - Show Bio

liked*

#44 Posted by Magick (427 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#45 Posted by Magick (427 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#46 Posted by Phorqe (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally feel that Tony did what he had to do, he just did it badly. If he didn't lead the Registration Act, the government would have outlawed Superheroes in general. Then it would be heroes vs. the police and government, and that would have been even uglier than Civil War.

#47 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

my self made Banner

(c) Warlock

lol

#48 Posted by War Cry (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man is really going to have to work hard to redeem himself to me!

#49 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio

Lmao.

#50 Posted by Iron Spider (69 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.