Follow

Civil War

Story arc »

Following a catastrophic tragedy caused by superhumans, the US Government passes a Super-Human Registration Act that requires all super-powered individuals in the country to reveal their identities, disclose their powers and personal details, and register as government employees or risk indefinite incarceration. This causes a deep rift in the hero community, with some backing the Act while others oppose it.

Civil War

Red L.A.M.P.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Red L.A.M.P.

So I broke down and bought all the back copies I could find of Civil War yesterday. Most of what my comic store had was Frontline and some of Civil War. I like it alot so far. I spent nearly $70 on all them (plus a couple non-civil war comics).

There's so much to buy in order to read it all though. Like I have to buy Captain America, Spiderman and Ironman (at least) also.

Red L.A.M.P.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Red L.A.M.P.

G-Man says:

"Yeah, you're a little behind. You do know I have like all the ish's."

Yeah I know, I was in the comic store and I just felt a need to buy them. I'll get the rest from you later.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By gmanfromheck

Yeah, you're a little behind. You do know I have like all the ish's.

ScoodleDaddle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By ScoodleDaddle

Civil War seems a little contrived to me. Nothing very important or lasting seems to be coming from it, and it's going to be ending too soon for it to be properly finished.

Really looking forward to World War Hulk this summer though.

Red L.A.M.P.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Red L.A.M.P.

ScoodleDaddle says:

"Civil War seems a little contrived to me. Nothing very important or lasting seems to be coming from it, and it's going to be ending too soon for it to be properly finished.Really looking forward to **World War Hulk** this summer though."

Yeah today I got farther along in Civil War and Im not as stoked as I was when I started. Its interesting that they chose to loosley mirror todays political climate though. I guess for younger readers it could be a nice way to initiate them into world politics. Waddya think?

ScoodleDaddle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ScoodleDaddle

It definitely was a grand idea. All the possibilties that could have erupted from it, involving politics worldwide, or the very place Superheroes hold in the Marvel-U, are all fascinating. Unfortunately, it was marred by poor character representation and writing, sub-par interactions, and a biased view of the sides of the war.

Also, there are several ideas presented in the book that are just never going to pan out or go anywhere. Spider-Man's un-masking, Iron Man's now apparent evilness, Punisher's whole ski-mask thing, and evn Thor's clone could have been something much different and more interesting.

Frankly, I lost faith in Marvel a long time ago. I only now read Captain America, Ultimate Fantastic Four (which I recommend to ANYONE), and (soon to be dropped off my list) the new Ghost Rider.

I want to pick up Annihilation and Planet Hulk, but my fundage is inadequate.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By gmanfromheck

ScoodleDaddle says:

"Civil War seems a little contrived to me. Nothing very important or lasting seems to be coming from it, and it's going to be ending too soon for it to be properly finished.Really looking forward to **World War Hulk** this summer though."

Uhm...Spider-Man unmasked, Goliath dead (okay his "career" pretty much was already), the possibility of Cap dying (so it seems they're trying to make ya believe), Stark an @$$hole, and what about StiltMan getting blown to pieces by a missle shot in his crotch? (Way to go Punisher).

ScoodleDaddle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ScoodleDaddle

Like I said in my previous post, although all that stuff could have really become something bigger, it's just not going to stick. You know Iron Man won't stay evil, Cap won't die, and Spider-Man's unmasking will either be retconned/mind-wiped or otherwise ignored.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#9  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

ScoodleDaddle says:

I want to pick up Annihilation and Planet Hulk, but my fundage is inadequate.

They're pushing Civil War but Annihilation and Planet Hulk are where the good stuff is.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By gmanfromheck

Hulk is gonna kick some major butt when he gets back. I also think when Thor returns, he's not gonna be too happy with Reed and Tony (cue the MC Hammer music).

ScoodleDaddle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ScoodleDaddle

I really wish I could get all the Planet Hulk stuff, but not only does my local shop charge an arm and a leg for back issues, but they don't have all of them anyway. I would wait for the TPB, but Marvel takes forever with those things.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.