How strong is he?

#1 Posted by Omega King (158 posts) - - Show Bio

He's pretty strong without his suit, right? How strong?

#2 Posted by crimsonfox69 (66 posts) - - Show Bio

Not pretty sure but he was able to almost KO Gog while Superman couldn´t do it...

#3 Posted by Leliel (1452 posts) - - Show Bio
@crimsonfox69: that hard to believe, why doesn't he just take out more often and fights guys like Doomsday?
#4 Posted by crimsonfox69 (66 posts) - - Show Bio
@Leliel: I know it's hard to believe it but it was show in the issue of Justice Society of America where they fight GOG and magog was created...
#5 Posted by PowerHerc (82755 posts) - - Show Bio

@crimsonfox69: 
Very, very strong apparently. 

Though it seems to me this is DC trying to put someone in their top strength tier just to do it, and at the cost of diluting Superman's strength.  It's bullshit.

#6 Posted by crimsonfox69 (66 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc:
I do like this character but have to agree with you about DC trying to put this guy in their top strength, but in the other hand maybe he is really really very strong but cannot be compared with Superman because of his lack of other virtues like speed for what we know his suit makes him very slow ...

#7 Posted by Leliel (1452 posts) - - Show Bio
@crimsonfox69:  well maybe he can dish out but can't take much damage unlike Superman
#8 Posted by Theworldbreaker (1642 posts) - - Show Bio

Strong enough to violate Superman, does that answer your question :D?
#9 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5351 posts) - - Show Bio
@PowerHerc

@crimsonfox69: 

Though it seems to me this is DC trying to put someone in their top strength tier just to do it, and at the cost of diluting Superman's strength.  It's bullshit.

Why can't someone other than Supes be strong?
#10 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11317 posts) - - Show Bio

@WaveMotionCannon: Supes is a God-like being while CS is a human who has no feeling in his body. As cool as CS is, he shouldn't compare to KC superman.

#11 Posted by PowerHerc (82755 posts) - - Show Bio

@WaveMotionCannon said:

@PowerHerc

@crimsonfox69:

Though it seems to me this is DC trying to put someone in their top strength tier just to do it, and at the cost of diluting Superman's strength. It's bullshit.

Why can't someone other than Supes be strong?

I'm not saying someone other than Supes can't be strong (Captain Marvel, Mon-El, Mr. Majestic, Martian Manhunter, Wonder Woman, Power Girl, etc are all quite strong), what I'm saying is DC seems to be trying to make Citizen Steel a true top tier strongman in the DC Universe when it makes no sense for a modern Earth-based, tech-based hero to have incalculable strength (moving planets and such) comparable to the above mentioned heroes. The modern technology just shouldn't allow Steel to reach that level of strength, imo

#12 Posted by Walker696 (984 posts) - - Show Bio

It could just be the material he's mad out of or just a simple feat just to give him creed. I mean Luke Cage knocked out Iron Clad(a guy who fights Hulk), Panther beat Surfer in their first encounter, and don't even get me started on Karate Kid. CS may not be strong as Superman but he may hit harder or he could be made out of a unique material, we won't know until we see a real test. And as far as tech based heroes not being able to be top tier...........Batman, Iron-man, Lex Lugthor, Hulk, Braniac, Doomsday(he was an experiment remember), Thanos........these are pretty high up characters who all use science and technology to make themselves stronger and more deadly,

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.