Follow

Cipher

Character » Cipher appears in 249 issues.

Mysterious woman who appeared to inform Ink that the Young X-Men were in peril. Cipher has the mutant ability to phase through solid matter. Despite her similar name, she has no connection with the New Mutant, Cypher. She is currently enrolled at the Jean Grey School for Higher Learning. Alisa Tager is later revealed to have been hiding at the school from an unknown threat.

Is she Cyclops' spy at the Jean Grey Institute?

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PrinceIMC

Cipher was brought into the X-Men by Cyclops and Jean Grey. She was Cyclops' secret weapon for a long time and I don't think she's ever had any interaction with Wolverine and she seems better suited to the Utopia X-Men. I can't help but think she'll at least be informing Cyclops about the activities at the Jean Grey Institute for Higher Learning. I can't believe that she just followed her friends.

jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By jordama

I like this idea.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By joshmightbe

I'm gonna go ahead and bet Cyclops is gonna turn full villain sometime in the next 5 years

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By PrinceIMC

I don't think she's there to undermine or sabotage the school but tell Cyke what Logan is up to? Hells yes. Might even provide Cyke an opportunity to help save the school at some point. Just because they don't see eye to eye doesn't mean he doesn't want to help protect them. I think that would be an interesting story down the line.

XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By XsPectre28

i think she is genuine on Wolverines side. cyclops never wanted her to interact with the others basiclly she was in the school from the begining to spy for him she was his SAGE. that on top of everything else might have changed her outlook & she decided to go with students back to school plus most her friends went so...yea

karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By karrob

@PrinceIMC said:

I don't think she's there to undermine or sabotage the school but tell Cyke what Logan is up to? Hells yes. Might even provide Cyke an opportunity to help save the school at some point. Just because they don't see eye to eye doesn't mean he doesn't want to help protect them. I think that would be an interesting story down the line.

Yeah I can see that

luckydomino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By luckydomino1

when cyclops said your staying she had a don't get cocky look on her and said im not gonna be on the x-force for you

so shes staying because she doesn't agree with the school thing her true loyalty is with wolverine so i dont think she is a spy however the cyclops came to talking with her about a new team and psylocke said that im basically a spycather who is a spy and then scott said if you wanna put it that way and then she said very well scott if you want me to be a spy i will be a spy so she could be or she isnt

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PrinceIMC
    @XsPectre28 said:

i think she is genuine on Wolverines side. cyclops never wanted her to interact with the others basiclly she was in the school from the begining to spy for him she was his SAGE. that on top of everything else might have changed her outlook & she decided to go with students back to school plus most her friends went so...yea

Actually she didn't interact with any of the other students because she didn't want to. She was in hiding from someone and was scared that if she revealed herself to anyone 'he' would find her. Cyclops and Jean Grey invited her to the school so she could have a safe place to live and she wouldn't have to reveal herself to anyone. That's why Cyclops started using her as a spy. If I were writing X-Men I'd say it was Emplate that was after her but more likely it's just been completely forgotten.
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ReVamp

Doubtful.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10  Edited By AgeofHurricane

To be honest, what friends did she even have to follow ?

Cytorrak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Cytorrak

I like that idea, but it was pretty clear to me when Schism happened that the writer didn't take any of the character's personalities or motivations into account, and was just grabbing all the characters he liked. Frenzy's entire motivation for becoming a good guy was that in the fake alternate reality Legion created she'd fallen in love with Cyclops and wanted to be good for him, yet following Schism she left with Wolverine.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.