Follow

Chun-Li

Character » Chun-Li appears in 197 issues.

Chun-Li is a martial artist deeply rooted in the Chinese Kung-Fu and an Interpol agent with a score to settle with M. Bison and Shadaloo over her dad's disappearance. Known as 'The Strongest Woman in The World' in-universe.

The Legend Of Chun Li Trailer Released

comicvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

Edited By comicvine
    I have some serious doubts about this.  I've said before that I just don't see Kristin Kreuk as Chun Li.  I'm not trying to knock her acting abilities or anything, she just doesn't look like Chun Li should look.  I'm surprised this movie is being made.  I do wish it success.  It does look better than the Dragonball Evolution trailer.

Is Street Fighter still relevant enough to guarantee success at the box office? 

Does this trailer give you any desire to see this movie?

Here's the trailer.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#1  Edited By Static Shock

Skeptical.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By NightFang3

Looks good to me.

Avatar image for clarkjosephkent1938dc
    ClarkJosephKent1938DC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

looks crap to me.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By King_Saturn
    Why wont people leave the Fighting Games alone when it comes to turning them into Live Action Movies ? I mean... didnt we learn this lesson from the first Live Action Street Fighter film with Jean Claude Van Damme and Raul Julia ? And how about the Mortal Kombat movies... didnt this give people a sign that this sh!t dont work too well on the Silver Screen ?
    NiteFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By NiteFly

Meh.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By pixelized

Kristen Kreuk is not a leading lady

Sonata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Sonata

This is gonna be a flop unfortunately

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#8  Edited By gmanfromheck
    pixelized said:
    "Kristen Kreuk is not a leading lady"
    Which is probably why the studio didn't even let her have one line of dialogue in her own trailer.  Poor girl.
    Avatar image for _mistress_redhead_
    .Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Meh... i dont get the appeal

Suigetsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Suigetsu

If balrog is a heavy weight boxing champion then why is he carrying a bazooka? shouldnt he be giving punches or something?

One!!! lolol
    havco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By havco

looks better than dragon ball evolution

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Looks better then the new Punisher movie, I know that much.

Shonen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Shonen

At least it's better than the first street fighter movie. The bad thing is we don't get a kick ass bison as  the antagonist,  we get a guy in a business suit.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By WARLOCK2792

Remember in that Street Fighter movie with Jean Claude Van Damme, when at the end, they all did their signature pose from the games, and the screen froze them in place?  Remember that feeling of, "That was the corniest sh!t I've ever seen in my life"?  Remember how none of the characters were accurate to the actual fighting game, and nobody fit the look or feel of the cast?  This is the feeling that I am getting.  Kristin Kreuk.  Smallville?  That stupid Superman show that's about people being tied up in erotic fashion?  She has NEVER impressed me.  Not in her looks, and NOT in her acting ability.  This movie is gonna suck, and I am going to lose respect for the people involved.  ESP. Michael Clark Duncan.  You'd think that overgrown gorilla would've stopped making crap after "The Underground Comedy Movie".  You'd think he'd be embarrassed enough to actually read a script and say, "Hey dude, this don't look too good".  But no.  These actors (I'd say actress as well, but she isn't one) saw a check, and signed with the speed of Hermes.  I am DONE with all of this low-budget B.S. that Hollywood keeps trying to throw at me.  They ruined Storm in film, they absolutely BUTCHERED BloodRayne, they ruined Sue Storm, Halle as Catwoman, and Elektra played by Jennifer Garner.  Screw these comic book knowledge-lacking, money hungry bitches. 

Crimson Orchid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Crimson Orchid

Trailer might have been better, for me, with subtitles... lol

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By King_Saturn
    Crimson Orchid said:
    "Trailer might have been better, for me, with subtitles... lol"
    Ha Ha Ha  !
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By danhimself

i stopped after i realized i wasn't going to be able to understand what they were saying....i hold off judgement till i see an american trailer

Rune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Rune

She is hot but that wont help this movie as it looks just as bad as the first one.

ThE FL@

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ThE FL@

i think a better chun-li would be zhang zi yi... she kicked but in crouching tiger... as an asian manga reader also i think an asian actor woud do best... sigh... dragonball evolution... i dont know what would mr. akira toriyama would think...

Avatar image for the_phoenix_child
    The Phoenix Child

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do not get it....if they haven't said it was about Chun-Li, I will never guess she is Chun Li.

this is bad marketing.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Static Shock

As much as I think Kristen Kreuk doesn't fit the part for Chun Li, that guy (the villain in that Walking Tall movie, with the Rock) that's supposed to be M. Bison is definitely not a good match. Batista looks more like M. Bison than he does.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By WARLOCK2792
    Static Shock said:
    "As much as I think Kristen Kreuk doesn't fit the part for Chun Li, that guy (the villain in that Walking Tall movie, with the Rock) that's supposed to be M. Bison is definitely not a good match. Batista looks more like M. Bison than he does."
    WHAT?!  Edie's husband (from Desperate Housewives) is playing sterioid using, power crazy M. Bison?!  Dumb as hell.
    Acheron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Acheron

Looks better than I expected, but it's still a whole lot of "meh".

Also, was that guy she was fighting in the alley supposed to be Vega? It looked like he had claws and a mask.

Avatar image for contagiousthoughts
    contagiousthoughts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

damn from all this shit talk I'd think you've all seen this movie already... oh wait you haven't
    why not give it a chance before you blast the movie get over yourself guys

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By King_Saturn
    White Mage said:
    "Static Shock said:
    "As much as I think Kristen Kreuk doesn't fit the part for Chun Li, that guy (the villain in that Walking Tall movie, with the Rock) that's supposed to be M. Bison is definitely not a good match. Batista looks more like M. Bison than he does."
    WHAT?!  Edie's husband (from Desperate Housewives) is playing sterioid using, power crazy M. Bison?!  Dumb as hell."
    LMFAO  !
    Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 51

#26  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

yup yup yup 

no
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By danhimself

Avatar image for omega_level_supreme
    Omega-level Supreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

White Mage said:
    "Remember in that Street Fighter movie with Jean Claude Van Damme, when at the end, they all did their signature pose from the games, and the screen froze them in place?  Remember that feeling of, "That was the corniest sh!t I've ever seen in my life"?  Remember how none of the characters were accurate to the actual fighting game, and nobody fit the look or feel of the cast?  This is the feeling that I am getting.  Kristin Kreuk.  Smallville?  That stupid Superman show that's about people being tied up in erotic fashion?  She has NEVER impressed me.  Not in her looks, and NOT in her acting ability.  This movie is gonna suck, and I am going to lose respect for the people involved.  ESP. Michael Clark Duncan.  You'd think that overgrown gorilla would've stopped making crap after "The Underground Comedy Movie".  You'd think he'd be embarrassed enough to actually read a script and say, "Hey dude, this don't look too good".  But no.  These actors (I'd say actress as well, but she isn't one) saw a check, and signed with the speed of Hermes.  I am DONE with all of this low-budget B.S. that Hollywood keeps trying to throw at me.  They ruined Storm in film, they absolutely BUTCHERED BloodRayne, they ruined Sue Storm, Halle as Catwoman, and Elektra played by Jennifer Garner.  Screw these comic book knowledge-lacking, money hungry bitches. "

Well said.
    Avatar image for saiyan_earthling
    saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By saiyan_earthling

wat we don't know yet, we can only wait n c

Avatar image for alexander_anderson
    Alexander Anderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Looks like rubbish.  It will be just another generic action movie, probably worse than usual.  I can tell from the trailer that they're not really taking the source material seriously, but using it as a hook to tap into the fanbase of the games.  Just a gimmick really. 

Oh, and I'm really sick of that 'epic' choir music.  It was cool the first few times it was used, but now they put it in every damn trailer, and it's just dumb.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#31  Edited By gmanfromheck

This one really cool guy posted a fight scene from the movie HERE.

Hidden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Hidden
    Omega-level Supreme said:
    "White Mage said:
    "Remember in that Street Fighter movie with Jean Claude Van Damme, when at the end, they all did their signature pose from the games, and the screen froze them in place?  Remember that feeling of, "That was the corniest sh!t I've ever seen in my life"?  Remember how none of the characters were accurate to the actual fighting game, and nobody fit the look or feel of the cast?  This is the feeling that I am getting.  Kristin Kreuk.  Smallville?  That stupid Superman show that's about people being tied up in erotic fashion?  She has NEVER impressed me.  Not in her looks, and NOT in her acting ability.  This movie is gonna suck, and I am going to lose respect for the people involved.  ESP. Michael Clark Duncan.  You'd think that overgrown gorilla would've stopped making crap after "The Underground Comedy Movie".  You'd think he'd be embarrassed enough to actually read a script and say, "Hey dude, this don't look too good".  But no.  These actors (I'd say actress as well, but she isn't one) saw a check, and signed with the speed of Hermes.  I am DONE with all of this low-budget B.S. that Hollywood keeps trying to throw at me.  They ruined Storm in film, they absolutely BUTCHERED BloodRayne, they ruined Sue Storm, Halle as Catwoman, and Elektra played by Jennifer Garner.  Screw these comic book knowledge-lacking, money hungry bitches. "

Well said."

F&^CK YOU! dont hate The original street fighter wasnt that bad and elektra wasnt that bad! so god will you stop bitchin 5 paragraphs long already!
    santeria_smith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By santeria_smith

bison with blonde hair and a business suit?....no way.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#34  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Street Fighter is overrated anyways ;) lol

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#35  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
    White Mage said:
    I just realized I dont think there has been a single great portrayal of a female superhero/hero in movies.....The guys have Christian Bale, Robert Downey Jr. Ed Norton.....what chicks have there been that were great?
    Echoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Echoes

What the (BEEP) is this crap!?

Did Uwe Boll make this?

Oh and Christian Bale is the worst batman ever.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.