Follow

Chuck Dixon

Person » Chuck Dixon is credited in 1949 issues.

Chuck Dixon is a popular comic book writer most commonly known for his work on Airboy, Punisher and many Batman related titles.

Wheel of Time

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Methos

No Caption Provided

Finally we have official word on these books. A prologue Issue has been announced, It ships in April and begins the series.

From Dable Brothers Publishing
    Robert Jordan's The Wheel Of Time: The Eye Of The World #0
    by Chuck Dixon, Robert Jordan & Chase Conley

Tor and Dabel Brother Publishing have announced their plans for the comic and graphic novel adaptations of the first of Robert Jordan’s Wheel of Time books (see “Dabels To Adapt Wheel of Time”). First up is the final three comic issues of New Spring, the prequel to the Wheel of Time series. Issues #6, #7, and #8 will begin releasing on a monthly basis in April from Dabel Brothers.

No Caption Provided
    The New Spring graphic novel is due out in November from Tor, with bonus material including developmental art, pages from scripts, and correspondence between Jordan and writer Chuck Dixon. It will feature a new cover by Michael Kormarck.

No Caption Provided
    Dabel Brothers will kick off their comic adaptation of The Eye of the World, the first volume in the Wheel of Time series, with Dragonmount #0, a prequel and lead-in comic, in April, and The Eye of the World #1 in May. The series will be written by Chuck Dixon, with art by Chase Conley.

The first Eye of the World graphic novel, which will collect the first six issues of the comic series, will be published by Tor in July 2010, with bonus material and new cover art. Subsequent volumes will be released roughly every nine months.

The Wheel of Time saga begins here with the "Fall of the Dragon" and the "Breaking of the World" in this prelude issue to the ongoing series.

M
    SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SUNMAN

This series is epic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have read all 11 books, and am hopping Brandon Sanderson does a good job with finishing off Brandon Sanderson's stroy.

Are there any other Wheel of Time fans out there?!?!

Personally I rate these books up there with Lord of the Rings it is so good!!!!!!!!!
    Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Darkchild

NEEEVER heard of the book

Avatar image for alexander_anderson
    Alexander Anderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

I thought I was over The Wheel of Time.  Then I saw these comics and all my old rabid fanboyism came bubbling back up.  My mental process went something like this: 

"Ho hum, surfing around the Vine...what's this, 'Wheel of Time'?  Maybe I'll pop in and say something snarky about how much the books disappointed me in the long run...such a shame Jordan's dead...ho hum...wait...oh my God...OH MY F*CKING GOD THEY'RE DOING A COMICS SERIES AND HOLY .... IS THAT LEWS THERIN ABOUT TO GO CRITICAL AND MAKE DRAGONMOUNT AND HOLY CRAP THE ART ACTUALLY LOOKS GOOD AND JESUS CHRIST I LOVE WHAT THEY'VE DONE WITH LAN AND OMG I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HOW THEY DO THE EYE OF THE WORLD AND THE BATTLE A FALME AND THE BATTLE FOR THE STONE OF TEAR AND THE AIEL WASTES AND THE WAR IN CAIRHIEN....OMFG!!!!!!!!!"

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By SUNMAN

The first book was published in 1990.

The eighth through eleventh books each reached #1 on the New York Times bestseller list. Currently the series has sold over 44 million copies worldwide and has spawned a computer game, roleplaying game and a soundtrack album. The television and film rights to the series have been optioned several times, most recently by Universal Studios.

The books are amazing. Since their is no Vine page for the books I will post a few links:

I know this is wikipedia but if you want a very brief summar this is accurate:

I I highly encourage anyone who likes Fantasy books to read this series. If your older than 12 these books are much better than Harry Potter, Eragon and a number of other boos I can think of.
    Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Nighthunter

Never heard of the book

SuperShafe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10  Edited By SuperShafe

The books are amazing im on my fifth read through, haven't read the comics.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.