Follow

Chuck Dixon

Person » Chuck Dixon is credited in 1949 issues.

Chuck Dixon is a popular comic book writer most commonly known for his work on Airboy, Punisher and many Batman related titles.

Chuck Dixon leaves DC comics

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Nighthunter

All it took was a quick, no-nonsense statement by writer Chuck Dixon to set the discussion boards alight. On the night of June 10th, Chuck Dixon wrote on his messageboard: “I am no longer employed by DC Comics in any capacity.”

The news caught Dixon’s fans by surprise, but seemed to underscore recent, sudden editorial changes at DC, including the recently announced replacement of Dixon by Frank Tieri on Batman and the Outsiders #11-#12, a “Batman R.I.P” tie-in. Dixon himself came on the series in much the same way, replacing the series’ original writer, Tony Bedard after Bedard’s first issue had been solicited.

Dixon’s return to Batman and the Outsiders complimented his return to Robin this March with #170, something which was hailed by fans, thanks to his storylines revealing that the long-thought-dead character Spoiler was in fact, still alive. The two books were seen by many fans as a return (in part at least) to the days of the ‘90s when Dixon was responsible for a bulk of the publisher’s Batman titles such as Batman, Detective, Nightwing, Birds of Prey and any number of one-shots and specials.

Given what has already been solicited and now announced, it appears that Dixon’s final issue of Batman and the Outsiders will be #10 in August. The latest issue of Robin that has been solicited (August’s #177 – a new Cluemaster story) is also to be written by Dixon.

The writer has also been announced to write Booster Gold #11-#12 (August and September) and the Storming Paradise miniseries for WildStorm. Issue #2 of the six issue Paradise has been solicited for August, and it’s most likely that the full run of the miniseries will see print with Dixon’s scripts – throughout his comics career, the writer has prided himself on working far in advance. At times tnroughout his Batman days, Dixon reportedly worked anywhere from three months to a year in advance of the issue then currently on the stands, so it's unclear how long his Robin stories will appear.

That said, DC's September solicitations are due out early next week, although is should be noted that the schedule for Robin has been changed by DC - there is no regular issue of Robin this month, rather last week saw the Robin/Spoiler Special. Issue #175 of Robin, originally solicited for June 18th, will now reach stores on July 23rd, while issue #176, originally due in stores on July 16th, will now hit stores on August 6th. Both issues are connected to the "Batman R.I.P." storyline.

Both Dixon and DC declined to respond to Newsarama inquires for further comment. In a post on his messageboard in response to how the decrease in workload affects his income, Dixon responded with, “Even when I don’t work for DC they provide the bulk of my income,” referring to royalty payments for reprints and collections of his work (and presumably characters he created) that are kept in print.

Dixon’s upcoming work includes Simpsons Comics #142 - #144, the currently running Frankenstein: Prodigal Son adaptation at Dabel Brothers, Big Badz at Platinum, and will be reprinting some of his own material under his own imprint, Bruno Books.

Ms. Invisible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Ms. Invisible

Could this have been the reason?

http://dixonverse.net/board/read.php?2,6361,6402#msg-6402
    Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Darkchild

damn that sucks

Wishes and prays Dixon comes to Marvel FOREVER

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Nighthunter
    Darkchild said:
    "damn that sucks

"
    Dixon doesn't belong in Marvel and I hope that he comes back to DC one day (as soon as possible)

you can have Winnick though :P
    Avatar image for platinumwarrior
    Platinumwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Platinumwarrior

Nighthunter said:
    "Darkchild said:
    "damn that sucks

"
    Dixon doesn't belong in Marvel and I hope that he comes back to DC one day (as soon as possible)

you can have Winnick though :P
    "

Winnick is actully pretty good i think.... NAH
    Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Nighthunter

"Dixon did not quit"

http://blog.newsarama.com/2008/06/16/chuck-dixon-i-did-not-quit/

FVKERRY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By FVKERRY

When you’re embarrassed and don’t know the correct way to write the reaction paper writing, you will be able to buying essay in the reliable essays writing service. This could save your time.

Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

Worse news ever

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By dane
    @FVKERRY said:
    "This could save your time."
    I usually save time with my time machine. *roll on snare drum*
    Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

He writes Bat characters better than anyone in my opinion

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By geraldthesloth
    @Son_of_Magnus: I don't think so.
    Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
    @geraldthesloth said:
    " @Son_of_Magnus: I don't think so. "
    Robin is one of my Favorite series and not just because it has Tim in it I have the complete run and he wrote it better than anyone who took it after him. Nightwing again awesome. And his work on Detective Comics is awesome too. He plays on the detective part of the Bat Family more then anyone else he does not even go into the fighting that much and that is why I love his stuff because I love detective stuff. Sure he has allot of fights but it does not dominate them like other writers his detective writing dominates it and I love it
    geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By geraldthesloth
    @Son_of_Magnus said:
    " @geraldthesloth said:
    " @Son_of_Magnus: I don't think so. "
    Robin is one of my Favorite series and not just because it has Tim in it I have the complete run and he wrote it better than anyone who took it after him. Nightwing again awesome. And his work on Detective Comics is awesome too. He plays on the detective part of the Bat Family more then anyone else he does not even go into the fighting that much and that is why I love his stuff because I love detective stuff. Sure he has allot of fights but it does not dominate them like other writers his detective writing dominates it and I love it "
    I think Brian Azzarello does a better job as far as detective work goes, but to say there's been plenty of writers that have done the bat good justice more than Chuck Dixon has.
    AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By AtPhantom
    @Son_of_Magnus said:
    " Worse news ever "
    Given that it's a year and half old, I wouldn't exactly call it news...

@FVKERRY said:
    " When you’re embarrassed and don’t know the correct way to write the reaction paper writing, you will be able to buying essay in the reliable essays writing service. This could save your time. "
    Are you by any chance spamming?
    Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
    @geraldthesloth: I have never seen anyone write Tim better. Most people suck at writing Tim. As for detective stuff he writes some issues were it is just Detective stuff and you can not stop reading because he brings you into it and you want to know what is next
    Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
    @AtPhantom: I know when it happened I said the same thing and I will always say it
    Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By Eyz

I've been reading ol' Dixon issues from Robin, Nightwing, etc..
    I didn't even knew he had left DC :/

So...
    No hope of comin' back..? Has he changed his mind?... ::(

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#18  Edited By SmoothJammin

His work on NW wasn't terrible but I wouldn't go as far as to say he did the series any justice. Mediocrity at best, and overall easily forgettable stuff. It's too bad Tomasi's run was cut short however, because there was so much promise there and he brought some prestige back to the character. That said--I can't wait for B&R #17!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.