Rorschach Is Coming To TV...Sorta

Posted by G-Man (30358 posts) - - Show Bio
A lot of people enjoyed Rorschach and the way he kicked ass in "Watchmen."  The actor, Jackie Earle Haley is taking on another comic related project.  We've been talking about the television adaption of DC's "Human Target."  It was reported last week that Haley has been added to the cast (along with actor Chi McBride).  The premise of the show is Christopher Chance (aka Human Target) is a master of disguise/detective and takes on the identities of his clients in danger to basically solve their problems.  Haley will take on the role of Chance's information gatherer.

While this is cool news, I have to admit I'm a little disappointed as well.  Playing the "information gatherer" doesn't sound too...exciting.  We saw him kicking butt.  What will he be doing here?  Talking on the phone?  Maybe he'll have to bust some heads to get the info.?  I don't know.  Honestly, I also have to say that I'm not sure how this show will do.  It doesn't really seem like it's guaranteed to kill in the ratings.  The news of this did break last week so maybe he made the deal before everyone really got to see him in action.  Hopefully I'm wrong and this show will rock.

Staff
#1 Posted by TwilightThunder (246 posts) - - Show Bio
Human Target is an awesome series, let's hope they make a good adaptation outta this, is not that hard. I mean, we need pulp series on TV these days.
#2 Posted by Captain Cascader (1284 posts) - - Show Bio

Holy shit I just realized Jackie Earle Haley is Moocher from Breaking Away! Noooooo way. I knew he looked familiar.

Staff
#3 Posted by Decept-O (7274 posts) - - Show Bio

Capt. Cascader--he also played Kelly Leak in the original 1976 movie The Bad News Bears.  He was the smart ass, cigarette smoking, dirt bike riding, bad haircut little twerp that also had a good arm, and joined the baseball team.  He also tried to score with Tatum O'Neal.  Who hasn't?  *bad joke* 

It was really strange when I first heard about the Watchmen movie last year and realized he'd be in it and I was pretty well stunned, hadn't seen the actor in anything since his kid and teen movie roles.  

#4 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

I knew he wasn't a red head!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.