DC's Human Target Coming To Television

Posted by G-Man (30664 posts) - - Show Bio
This is a little ironic.  Fox has their hands on another of DC's products.  Fox is close to beginning production on the DC Comic, Human Target.  I can't say that I know a lot about the character Christopher Chance, AKA Human Target.  The character first appeared in the early 70s but recently had his own Vertigo comic.  The Hollywood Reporter says that Fox is close to greenlighting a pilot for the show.  Here's what the character page here says:
A top level athlete, the Human Target is also an expert with almost any weapon, from firarm to sword to medieval mace. He is also a master of disguise/impersonator, skilled detective and seems to have no fear.
Reading the rest of the characer page, it does sound like it'd make a good comic.  There just doesn't really seem to be anything overly out of the ordinary to make it a success as a television show.  It seems that shows like this often pop up and get canceled after a few episodes.  It will be written by "Jericho" co-creator Jonathan Steinberg.  I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not.  I liked the first few episodes of "Jericho" but then didn't keep up with it.  Guess we'll see if the show does get its pilot and when it airs.
Staff
#1 Posted by gunswordfist (2669 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmmm...sounds like Halo meets Burn Notice. The whole master of all weapons thing.

#2 Posted by G-Man (30664 posts) - - Show Bio

I just feel this could either be really cool or really generic.  Guess we'll have to see who is cast and so forth.

Staff
#3 Posted by gunswordfist (2669 posts) - - Show Bio
G-Man said:
"I just feel this could either be really cool or really generic.  Guess we'll have to see who is cast and so forth."

I think it could be really good. Especially if it has a decent amount of blood and killing.
#4 Posted by King Saturn (223834 posts) - - Show Bio
Hey  !  This Could Be A Great Idea
#5 Posted by gunswordfist (2669 posts) - - Show Bio

It sure could. Hopefully there will be action scenes where Chris has a Knight's sword in one hand and an automatic pistol in the other hand.

#6 Edited by KungFuDestro (1 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

I've haven't read this particular Vertigo comic yet but aren't Vertigo comics usually too "adult" for television?

#8 Posted by gunswordfist (2669 posts) - - Show Bio
aztek the lost said:
"I've haven't read this particular Vertigo comic yet but aren't Vertigo comics usually too "adult" for television?"
Yep but some shows are...shyet I just saw someone shoot themself in the head on CSI. That was going to be my point.
#9 Posted by Crazy_Eights (685 posts) - - Show Bio

this might turn out awesome and i loved the Vertigo comic so im looking ofrward to it

#10 Posted by crazywolf (653 posts) - - Show Bio

Human Target was around for awhile before Vertigo's inception. The TV show is based more on the Human Target that appeared in Action Comics, Detective Comics and The Brave & The Bold in the 70's and the 80's.

#11 Posted by The WeatherMan (3214 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds a lot like Burn Notice. I love Burn Notice so I guess I'll check it out.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.