Follow

Christopher Chance

Character » Christopher Chance appears in 123 issues.

Christopher Chance, AKA The Human Target, is a bodyguard who specializes in assuming the identity and taking the place of his employers when they are targeted by those that would harm them. He is a master impersonator, athlete, weapons expert, detective and martial artist.

Are You Going To Check Out Human Target?

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

No Caption Provided

As you may or may not know, "Human Target" is an upcoming show based on the DC/Vertigo comic with the same name.  The show is set to premiere with a special preview on Sunday January 17, 2010 from 8 to 9 ET/PT (following the NFC Divisional Playoff game).  The show is coming from executive producers McG ("Terminator Salvation") and Simon West ("Con Air," "Tomb Raider").  The show will then move to Wednesday nights at 9.

Here is the official description:
    It takes a brave, selfless man to make himself a “human target” in order to save the lives of those in danger. Based on the popular DC Comics graphic novel, HUMAN TARGET is a full-throttle action drama centered on CHRISTOPHER CHANCE (Mark Valley, FRINGE), a unique private contractor/security guard hired to protect. Call him what you like, because for Chance, it’s about one thing only: saving his clients’ lives. When there is an unusual or imminent threat that can’t be solved through “normal” means of protection, Chance is hired to completely integrate himself into his clients’ lives – to become the human target. If you’re a corporate manager whose disgruntled employee has gone violently off the deep end, Chance is your new auditor. If you’re the president of a bank who’s been tipped off to a potential heist, Chance is your unassuming bank teller. During each job, Chance, assisted by his business partner WINSTON (Chi McBride, “Pushing Daisies”) and hired gun GUERRERO (Jackie Earle Haley, “Watchmen”), puts himself directly in the line of fire as he races against time to save his client, while unraveling the truth behind the mission. With every new danger, Chance’s dark history will also unravel. Does anyone know who Christopher Chance really is, or what secrets lay buried in his past? What would make a man willingly become a HUMAN TARGET?

Some clips have popped up at sites like Target419.com and others.

I'm not really sure what to think so far.  The premise has potential but is this the type of show that will last?  We do need more of these action-type shows on television.  Let's hope that Human Target is on target next January.  What do you think so far?

spawn_obsessed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By spawn_obsessed

i think it looks pretty good in those clips but im not sure how long it would last

Samuraikenpo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Samuraikenpo

Its on Fox need I say more I am more interested in the fact that Showtime will be having 100 Bullets who is with me

csimon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By csimon

IDK it's seems like one of the kind of shows that will be pretty good suck you in and go and get it's self Canned! i am so sick of that happening 

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Darkchild

BADASS I CANT WAIT!!

Sleuth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Sleuth
    I'm checking this show out

@Samuraikenpo
    said:
    "

Its on Fox need I say more I am more interested in the fact that Showtime will be having 100 Bullets who is with me

"
    Awesome!
    Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Nighthunter

Never heard of the novel, is it good?

Avatar image for anderson__agent_of_smith
    Anderson: Agent of SMITH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Jackie Earl Haley is THE BOMB!!!

Crazy_Eights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Crazy_Eights

I love Human Target so yes NH its badass.

as is 100 bullets

deactivated-579fe0ae58107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 304

User Lists: 27

I'd be more inclined to either set my DVR or wait for the box-set, sorry. I'm not going to invest myself in a show anymore. I liked Reaper. I liked Lost, and Chuck, and Heroes and Smallville. The only show I've stuck with, believe it or not is NCIS. Because it's not trying to live up to a format or a profile or a history.

There, I've vented. I feel so much better.

I remember The Human Target from the pre-Vertigo days. The Giordano days of the '70's. This could be a real cool anthology, like a modern day Quantum Leap. If I were to invest in one show and one show only next season it probably would be this one. Until it jumped the shark...

Obsurity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Obsurity

Sounds interesting I'll probably check it out

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Media_Master

We'll see how it goes

Elixir95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Elixir95

Definitely.  It has an awesome cast (Mark Valley from "Fringe", Jackie Earle Haley from "Watchmen" and Chi McBride from "Pushing Daisies") all of whom I am big fans of.  It's based on a comic book (sadly which I've never read).  Only problem is it's produced by FOX, who favour stand alone episodes.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By NightFang3

CANT WAIT TO SEE IT!

The Weapon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By The Weapon

Some of you may think this is a bad idea, but I think that Mark Valley wouldnt make a bad Captain America.

(Something to think about)

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By SUNMAN

I'll pass

crazywolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By crazywolf

I might check this out. Anybody watch the 1992 series with Rick Springfield as Christopher Chance? 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.