Follow

Chris Giarrusso

Person » Chris Giarrusso is credited in 256 issues.

Artist. Creator of the G-Man comic and the Mini-Marvels.

Get Ready For Chris Giarrusso's G-Man: Learning To Fly

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

No Caption Provided

I may have mentioned once or twice (or half a dozen times) that I'm a fan of Chris Giarrusso's work.  He is best known for "Mini-Marvels," but that's not all he's done.  Chris has released a comic based on his "G-Man" character and back up stories have also appeared in comics such as "Savage Dragon."  G-Man is along the same line of Mini-Marvels.  Same look and same humor.  The difference is these are all characters created by Chris Giarrusso.

As far as Mini-Marvels goes, it looks like there isn't going to be any more any time soon.  I'll get to that after the press release.
    Readers shocked by Chris Giarrusso's departure from Mini-Marvels will be pleased to learn he's expanding his unique take on superheroes in this May's G-MAN, VOL. 1: LEARNING TO FLY !

"Working Mini-Marvels was cool, but G-MAN, VOL. 1: LEARNING TO FLY  is what I've been wanting to do for years," Giarrusso said. "It's the story I was wanting to write and draw the entire time doing Mini-Marvels so I'm happy those fans are psyched by the collection. G-MAN and company are going to be taking up all my attention for the foreseeable future and I aim to make the long-time Mini-Marvels readers happy!"

G-MAN, VOL. 1: LEARNING TO FLY  collects the entirety of Giarrusso's Comic Bits strips, showcasing his entire line up of all-ages friendly superheroes including G-Man, his mean brother Great Man and friends like Billy Demon, Tan Man & Spark! These strips set the stage for this fall's G-MAN miniseries, giving fans old and new the chance to catch up. Also included is a full-length origin story, a G-Man Christmas tale and the complete acclaimed Mean Brother/Idiot Brother series.

G-MAN, VOL. 1: LEARNING TO FLY (MAR092415), a 96-page full color digest-sized softcover for $9.99, will be in stores May 20 2009.
    The reason we won't see Mini-Marvels is because Marvel is focusing instead on their "Super Hero Squad" comic.  They feel Mini-Marvels will confuse those reading "Super Hero Squad."  I read the first issue...it's no Mini-Marvels.  It's really a shame.

Do yourself a favor, go to your local comic shop and ask them to order this book.  It's a digest sized, 96-page book for ten bucks.  If you don't tell your store to order it, they might not have a copy for you.  Trust me, you'll dig it.
    Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Media_Master

Sounds like a good deal!

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Martian

Mini-Marvel's rock!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.