Follow

Chloe Sullivan

Character » Chloe Sullivan appears in 111 issues.

Chloe Sullivan is the best friend of Superman, cousin of Lois Lane and a member of the Watchtower Network, the predecessor of the JLA. She was the long time girlfriend of Jimmy Olsen, but after his death Chloe married Oliver Queen. She worked as a journalist for the Daily Planet but was fired by Lex Luthor. She first appeard in the TV series "Smallville", but was adapted into the mainstream comic books a few years later.

Only 5 More Episodes of Allison Mack as Chloe Sullivan

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

Edited By sora_thekey

Chloe Sullivan  (2001 - 2010)
     Chloe Sullivan  (2001 - 2010)
    With Smallville nearing its end everybody seems to be tied into a huge Hype with the 10th Season of Smallville including the New York Post. Yesterday (Aug 23rd) the New York Post interviewed Allison Mack about her theater performance "Love, Loss and What I Wore's" on Broadway and during the interview her final episodes playing the fan favorite Chloe Sullivan topic surfaces.
    • PopWrap: I would imagine that after nine seasons, it's pretty easy to slip into Chloe's skin though.
    Allison: Uh yea, Chloe feels very familiar by this point. Although, she’s very different than I am – I put on my high heels, my tight pants, they do my hair and it feels very different. It’s quite a different experience being her than being me. 

• PW: Does preparing to play her for the final time feel different?
    Allison: Yea. I think that I have a much deeper appreciation for what I have with that character and that show. Just the privilege it’s been to play her. It’s like the Joni Mitchell song, “you don’t know what you have till it’s gone.” Because ["Smallville' is] winding down, I’m able to really evaluate the life she has led, which has been a real honor. 

• PW: What's important to you in the way Chloe's story is wrapped up? 
    Allison: Just that she maintains her integrity. That she really upholds what is important to her and doesn’t sacrifice anyone. I spent a lot of time playing a character who gives up a lot of the things that are most important to her, for the sake of other people. I think she’s finally reached a point in her own maturation process where she doesn’t do that anymore. I hope the writers maintain that standard as we end her run. 

• PW: Do you know how many episodes you'll be back for
    Allison: I’ll be back for five total episodes.

Loving Wife, Best Friend and Organizer of the Super Powered
      Loving Wife, Best Friend and Organizer of the Super Powered

• PW: I heard that the incredibly loyal fans were one of the reasons you decided to return. True?
    Allison: Definitely. They were the reason I decided to come back. I was very much ready to move on, and not because I was unhappy with the show or that anything bad happened, I was just very much ready to enter a new phase of my life. But I realized as we came towards the end of the season that my character wasn’t getting a completion. I didn’t feel comfortable walking away from the show, and my character, without a completion. So I committed to doing five episodes to giving her the ending I think she deserves. I do think there’s a relationship between my character and the people who’ve watched the show for so many years. I want to honor them, her and myself. 
    Anyone who is a fan of this series has to agree with me that one of the biggest highlights of this series was Chloe's character. While Tom Welling was the protagonist of the complete series, Mack is the only other actor who has lasted as long as Clark.
    She has created an amazing character and is the Smallville version of Oracle, so my question is; why hasn't she ever been the cover of the DVD box art? She has been on the series the longest after Clark, why hasn't she ever been showcased on the cover of the DVD?

Oh Well, since she has only 5 more episodes I doubt she will end up being on the cover of this season's DVD Box Art but I hope Chloe's end to the series will play a good ending  tribute to the character.
    What do you all think about this? Do you care about my favorite character of this series?

Source: New York Post
     -- Geo (sora_thekey) 2 year user, blogger, wiki editor of Comic Vine, and all time geek!
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By Magian

Too bad she is only appearing in five episodes. She is one of my favorite characters in Smallville.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

I hope her five episodes includes the last episode of the series because it would be sad if she is not in the last episode of the series. 

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By sora_thekey
    @haydenclaireheroes said:
    " I hope her five episodes includes the last episode of the series because it would be sad if she is not in the last episode of the series.  "
    I agree, she needs to have at least a scene in the last episode acknowledging Clark as Superman...
    That is if she's still alive by the end of her 5 episodes!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.