Follow

Chloe Sullivan

Character » Chloe Sullivan appears in 111 issues.

Chloe Sullivan is the best friend of Superman, cousin of Lois Lane and a member of the Watchtower Network, the predecessor of the JLA. She was the long time girlfriend of Jimmy Olsen, but after his death Chloe married Oliver Queen. She worked as a journalist for the Daily Planet but was fired by Lex Luthor. She first appeard in the TV series "Smallville", but was adapted into the mainstream comic books a few years later.

Chloe Sullivan reference in "Man of Steel"?

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

In one of the flashbacks in Smallville there was what looked like an old auto-repair shack and the sign above said "Sullivan".

Anyone else see that and think of Chloe? Since she is officially part of the comic-verse i was thinking how cool it would be to have her pop-up in a brief cameo.

hyperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedted:

Well, it was confirmed , it was a reference to Chloe. The same happens with Whitney Fordman.

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hyperman: Thanks for that confirmation. I don't recall any reference to Whitney(remember him on Smallville), is he another character that moved from TV to comics?

hyperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedted:

Well, unlike Chloe, Fordman was never introduced into the mainstream DC universe. Nevertheless, he looked like the comic book version of Pete Ross (caucasian, blonde hair, etc). I think they split Pete Ross into 2 different people for Smallville. One afro-american guy with that name who can be friends with Clark, and some other guy (Whitney) with the appearance of the original Pete, who can be a rival for Clark.

During the flash-backs in MoS, after the bus accident, there's a woman with her son (Pete Ross). She's discussing with the Kents back in the farm about what happened in the river. She said something like: "My son was in the bus, he saw what Clark did, and The Fordman boy saw it too!"

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jedted

@hyperman: Ah, i remember thinking "why is Pete white?". Thanks!

P.S. I always thought Whitney's last name was 'Foreman'. At least that's how i remember it pronounced on the show.

hyperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedted:

=) . There are plenty of articles around the web, dealing with Eastern eggs. In case you just missed one during the film!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.