Star Wars: The Clone Wars - The Debut of Chewbacca!

#1 Posted by G-Man (32708 posts) - - Show Bio

“The Chewbacca sounds were sourced from the same bank as the original films, but Dave Filoni and Matt Wood thought it would be nice to get a small sample of my voice mixed in,” says Mayhew. “This goes back to everyone at Lucasfilm feeling that they needed me to portray the character in every way possible. After so many years of being asked to do the growl for fans, I’ve found that I’m actually quite good at it. I’m absolutely thrilled to be part of the series. The animation is amazing, and they really captured the essence of Chewie. As soon as I saw it I said ‘that’s it. He’s there. That’s Chewbacca.’”

Staff
#2 Posted by The Sadhu (853 posts) - - Show Bio

Sweet!
#3 Posted by Obi Wan Kenobi! (27638 posts) - - Show Bio

CHEWIE!!!!

#4 Posted by DarthStorm (130 posts) - - Show Bio

Chewie plus original Theme music!

#5 Posted by GTG12 (1575 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes chewies in there
#6 Posted by Dark Cell (447 posts) - - Show Bio

itss a woookie - man she sounded high when she said that
#7 Posted by Fetts (4449 posts) - - Show Bio

Wookieness ftw

#8 Posted by BMBmustdie (77 posts) - - Show Bio

wow i might actually watch this.
#9 Posted by Comiclove5 (1258 posts) - - Show Bio

I am definitely watching this.
Thanks for uploading the video guys.

#10 Posted by NightFang (9989 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dark Cell said:
" itss a woookie - man she sounded high when she said that "
Most be a force high, lol.
#11 Posted by StarKiller809 (1238 posts) - - Show Bio

This season has added a lot of character from the movies. Quigon Juinn and Chewbacca. Well, that's not a lot but it is more then in the past.
#12 Posted by Eyz (3095 posts) - - Show Bio
 OHHHHHHH,What a wookie!
#13 Posted by NXH (1031 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man: I now might have to check this episode out. The last couple of episodes have been really boring lately.
#14 Posted by umbrafeline (5300 posts) - - Show Bio

you know if you miss the friday showing of the clone wars you can catch it again on sunday in the 8pm hour
#15 Posted by Midnight Monk (225 posts) - - Show Bio

For those of you that didn't understand what Chewbacca said, heres a rough translation "Stand back bitches, Epicness coming through"

#16 Posted by Dr. Detfink (460 posts) - - Show Bio

Waiting for the origin of Han Solo and his parents. Waiting for the Falcon to appear. Lando and just about every character. Secrets revealed isn't doing anything more for me but putting obligatory winks to the audience.

#17 Posted by goldenkey (2927 posts) - - Show Bio

this season sucked.  total let down. 
#18 Edited by spystreak (2063 posts) - - Show Bio

hopefully Chewy doesn't speak english unlike almost all the Aliens in this show
#19 Posted by SUPER-MAN 23 (2009 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, so Han Solo isn't born yet and was born like right before Anakin became Darth Vader right? So how old is Chewbacca from the original trilogy Star Wars movies and also the comics? He's got to be at least in his 50's or so right?

#20 Posted by Hashbrowns (68 posts) - - Show Bio
@goldenkey said:
"
                this season sucked.  total let down. 
            "

The first half, definitely.  But the two subsequent story arcs since the break have been great.  Sidious ordering Dooku to eliminate Ventress and her plan for vengeance going wrong with Savage Opress was a great three episode arc with character developement for the villains, something we've nearly never had, certainly not from the atrocious prequel films. 

The second arc with the three force-wielders on Mortis was maybe the first genuinely intriguing new concept in Star Wars since the introduction of the Expanded Universe.  Seriously, I can't think of anything in recent Star Wars memory that sparked that same sense of wonder as that first episode "Overlords".  Very imaginative material. 

The third season hasn't been as consistent as the second season, but it's improving.  The differences between the first and second halves of this season are startling; going from endless dull political "thriller" stories to mythic adventure tales, which is what Star Wars is at its best.   

One does wonder if they plan to have one or two more seasons, given the new redesigns for the characters and the implied passage of time. 
#21 Posted by Nasher (97 posts) - - Show Bio

This is getting a tad silly now.. soon every character is going to be in a retcon nightmare with the films as everyone will have met everyone else :S its bad enough R2 and C3P0 having been everywhere met everyone and that Lucas had to wipe memories in order to be able to try and keep some sense to it all..

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.