roxanne_starr's Chew #1 - Taster's Choice, Part 1 of 5 review

Chu Chews

I like the art. A little bit Sam Keith, a little bit Humberto Ramos. Not as good as Keith, but a lot better than Ramos in my opinion. Both the style and the layouts are pretty decent. There were a couple of spots that I had to examine for awhile before I could tell what was going on, but this Rob Guillory guy is new and given time, I'm sure his storytelling skills will improve.

Now to the writing. John Layman is a veteran, so I'm going to be more critical in evaluating his work on this. I like the premise. I like it a lot! But I thought that the script could have been quite a bit funnier. John has it in him, so I was disappointed. I'm hoping the issue #2 (Tony going to work for the F.D.A.) drives the story up a notch.