Why does Cheetah suck so much.

• 55 results
#1 Posted by moywar700 (3013 posts) - - Show Bio

It's the truth, she does suck.

#2 Posted by Gambit1024 (10217 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol, she kind of does

#3 Posted by BlackArmor (6206 posts) - - Show Bio

Are you asking why she sucks or are you asking why you personally don't like her? Cause to me it sure sounds like the later

#4 Posted by moywar700 (3013 posts) - - Show Bio

She SUCKS in general.

#5 Posted by BlackArmor (6206 posts) - - Show Bio

@moywar700 said:

She SUCKS in general.

..........give a concrete reason

#6 Posted by fodigg (6209 posts) - - Show Bio

Which Cheetah we talking about? There have been five.

#7 Posted by Hazlenaut (2096 posts) - - Show Bio

All of them don’t seem to have much of an impact. How many times has been mistaken for catwoman. They had put several add ons to including poison and holding magical objects. Maybe I just haven’t read a good Wonder Woman Book.

In any form she either reminds a member of Josie and the Pussycats, Cheetara from Thundercats, Britanny Diggers.

#8 Edited by Video_Martian (5650 posts) - - Show Bio

She's probably the only GOOD Wonder Woman villain, imo...

@moywar700 said:

She SUCKS in general.

What don't you like about her?

#9 Posted by KillerZ (2441 posts) - - Show Bio

Villains can't really be measured at all, they all suck, because they never win. Only thing about them that can be measured are feats, and feats Cheetah III has.

#10 Posted by RyuHayabusa (2039 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr.obvious said:

She's probably the only GOOD Wonder Woman villain, imo...

#11 Posted by Video_Martian (5650 posts) - - Show Bio

@RyuHayabusa: It's true. She and Giganta are the only WW foes I actually like...

#12 Posted by Daffodil (151 posts) - - Show Bio

You clearly haven't read very much Wonder Woman.

#13 Posted by Thorion88 (379 posts) - - Show Bio

@RyuHayabusa: This Ares is cooler.

But Yeah i do happen to like Cheetah, Giganta, & Circe as well.

#14 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3975 posts) - - Show Bio

The fact that Cheetah can keep up with Diana during a fight impresses me enough to like her.

#15 Posted by Sinestro2828 (1645 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally I like Cheetah, though I think she and the rest of Wondie's rogues gallery needs more exposure outside of comic books. Most toon versions of Cheetah don't portray her properly as a serious nemesis to Wonderwoman, as they should.

#16 Edited by RyuHayabusa (2039 posts) - - Show Bio

@moywar700 said:

She SUCKS in general.

You are moron. IMO :)

#17 Posted by Vance Astro (89270 posts) - - Show Bio

She's a Wonder Woman villain...

#18 Posted by Delphic (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sinestro2828 said:

Personally I like Cheetah, though I think she and the rest of Wondie's rogues gallery needs more exposure outside of comic books. Most toon versions of Cheetah don't portray her properly as a serious nemesis to Wonderwoman, as they should.

I thought these two animated versions were pretty good:

Justice League: Doom
Justice League Unlimited
#19 Posted by RyuHayabusa (2039 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

#20 Posted by Delphic (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

#21 Posted by Vance Astro (89270 posts) - - Show Bio
@Delphic said:

@Vance Astro said:

Her rouge gallery sucks.
#22 Posted by Delphic (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@Delphic said:

@Vance Astro said:

Her rouge gallery sucks.

Every DC Character's rogues gallery can suck.

#23 Posted by AtPhantom (14434 posts) - - Show Bio

Correct me if I'm wrong but, well, she doesn't really have a point, does she? She's evil because...evil god? And she hates Wonder woman because, what, bruised ego? Those aren't the hallmarks of an awesome villain.

#24 Edited by wonderW (195 posts) - - Show Bio

which cheetah cuz the Barbara Ann Minerva rocks cuz she has demon powers and is real evil.

Cheetah Powers

Cheetah Form

Barbara is able to transform into the Cheetah, giving her the following powers, or transform back into her human form all at will.

Strength

As an avatar of a god, Cheetah possesses great strength. Cheetah is strong enough to smash down trees when she throws someone with her tail. she is able to lift 15 tons, She and Wonder Woman in rope pulling are equal.

Durability

Cheetah's physical durability is enough to withstand blows from the likes of Wonder Woman and Superman. Cheetah's durability doesn't protect her from bullets, lasers, or other piercing attacks.

Speed

Cheetah's speed is also superhuman, Cheetah possesses greater speed than Wonder Woman, enhanced even further by training with Zoom.

Agility

Cheetah's body coordination is incredible able to tag very fast superheroes and superheroines such as Wonder Woman, Flash, and Superman.

Enhanced Senses

Being a feline-hybrid she has enhanced senses. She can tell if someone is mind-controlled by a smell.

Claws and Fangs

Cheetah's claws and fangs are enchanted and allow her to cut almost anything. Even the flesh of superhumanly durable metahumans offers little resistance.

Night Vision

She also can see in the dark, mentioned to be on the same level as an owl.

Prehensile Tail

She can grab and choke her enemies with her tail. The power that her tail generates enables her to chop through trees.

Hand-to-Hand Combat

Cheetah is very adept at hand to hand combat obviously able to go one on one with Wonder Woman repeatedly.

Demonic Powers

Cheetah learned how to perform a spell that can give her demonic powers and a demon like form from White Magician, who also did this spell.

Magic

Cheetah will use magic to gain more power or use demon magic to gain more raw power and strength.

Anthropology

Cheetah understands the humanity very well.

#25 Posted by jointron33 (2107 posts) - - Show Bio

Cheetah's premise is greed, but to just say that would be a disservice to her. She's kind of like Walter Donovan from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. For instance, the scene where Henry Jones, Sr. questions Donovan's selling out to the Nazis in the name of archaeology. Donovan answers that he doesn't care about world domination, or what Hitler does with the conquered world, as long as he can get his hands on the ancient antiquities and have his own wealth. This is what Cheetah is. She doesn't want the world. She just wants the best things that it has to offer. Also, she's in essence, like every good villain, the opposite of her hero. For instance, Diana is about love, care, and peace. Barbara is about hate, violence, and greed. Diana is beautiful, in every way imaginable. Barbara, while attractive, has more of a....."high school slut" beauty and less of a divine beauty, and of course has a the appearance of a humanoid cat, which, while she's still attractive, obviously is less human looking. Speaking of "slut", that's another area. Diana is a very moral woman, and is usually portrayed as chaste, similar to how Superman was until he.....ya know....had that whole marriage thing. Yeah, I still remember. Cheetah, on the other hand, is..well, slutty. She "goes into heat" with Snapper Carr and has innuendo filled dialogue with him afterward. And where as Diana's gods USUALLY like her, Cheetah's god is one of hatred and no mercy.

#26 Edited by Hazlenaut (2096 posts) - - Show Bio

She did not had big moment yet or made a worthy impact. Jocker and Lex Luther had theirs and they have made their philosophy. They have alternate reality versions of them that their methods can be use for good. Cheetah can fight Wonder Woman but why.

#27 Posted by KillerZ (2441 posts) - - Show Bio

@wonderW: Where'd you get the magic powers? She was transformed into the demonic form against her will.

She once did sell her soul to Neron though, but it was to get Chuma back. and it only made her more animal like since she lacked the human soul. With Wondy's help she however remembered herself and managed to suppress her animal side .

#28 Posted by Wboy (457 posts) - - Show Bio

Portraying her as a naked cat is not the way to go and she wasn't even on JL that much. WW even pimp slapped her and didn't give a flying #$%&^ that she was her arch nemesis and went down as if she was one of the henchmen that go down in one blow.

#29 Posted by Joygirl (20795 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Cheetah. >.> Especially with Morrigan's voice. That voice makes me weak in the knees.

#30 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1810 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the idea of the character, but I've never seen her actually portrayed well

#32 Posted by colonyofcells (2039 posts) - - Show Bio

George Perez maybe copied her design from Tigra but forgot to copy the bikini ?

#33 Edited by JackKnight (2975 posts) - - Show Bio

You should read some of the New 52 Cheetah because she's a badass.

#34 Edited by jointron33 (2107 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by Joygirl (20795 posts) - - Show Bio

@jointron33: Street Fighter. See I can say random things too.

#36 Edited by Joygirl (20795 posts) - - Show Bio

#37 Posted by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2312 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the idea of the character, but I've never seen her actually portrayed well

#38 Posted by gokuwarrior (4399 posts) - - Show Bio

Correct me if I'm wrong but, well, she doesn't really have a point, does she? She's evil because...evil god? And she hates Wonder woman because, what, bruised ego? Those aren't the hallmarks of an awesome villain.

cheetah is everything diana stands against,cheetah is a killer,she loves to kill,she is selfish,she hates society and she has contempt for life,all the oppiste to diana.

#39 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

@jackknight: especially when she was hyped up so much prior to her appearance and then taken down in 2 pannels to never be seen again until an appearance somewhere way in the back of forever evil 1. badass.

#40 Posted by M3th (2106 posts) - - Show Bio

Because sHe knows *** ** **** * man Happy.

-Abstract 4$$#073-

#41 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2845 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Edited by gokuwarrior (4399 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior: everything you said was WRONG.

everything i said is right and she wasn't taken down,she let them beat her to get into their base.

#43 Posted by JohnnyGat (1592 posts) - - Show Bio
@joygirl said:

I'm pretty sure he was thinking that you meant the Morrigan from the Darkstalkers franchise not realizing you meant Morrigan from Dragon Age: Origins. So technically looking at all possible context of his reply his post was not as random as you think it is.

#44 Posted by gokuwarrior (4399 posts) - - Show Bio

i'm happy with cheetah's appearances in the new 52 so far.

#45 Posted by gokuwarrior (4399 posts) - - Show Bio

CHEETAH.

#46 Edited by AmazingWebHead (6418 posts) - - Show Bio

Because the writers never use her to her full potential.

#47 Posted by batmannflash (6272 posts) - - Show Bio

whaaat I think she's cool. Especially the one in Justice League: Doom

#48 Posted by Yung ANcient One (5013 posts) - - Show Bio

*waiting for someone to defend Cheetah's AWEsomeness*

I think he beat Flash once, or something like that... that counts for something, right?

(+)

#49 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (14185 posts) - - Show Bio

@atphantom: urzkataga isn't evil himself. She screwed up the ritual that empowered her (she was supposed to be a virgin)

#50 Posted by gokuwarrior (4399 posts) - - Show Bio

*waiting for someone to defend Cheetah's AWEsomeness*

I think he beat Flash once, or something like that... that counts for something, right?

(+)

cheetah is everything diana stands against,cheetah is a killer,she loves to kill,she is selfish,she hates society and she has contempt for life,all the oppiste to diana,the reason why cheetah is a great villan because she is the antithesis of wonder woman,wonder woman represents the truth,the hearth and soul,love,kindess,understanding,no prejudice,cheetah is insane and hates society while wonder woman wants to help it,cheetah wants to destroy it because she has no hope in humanity while wonder woman has hope in it,cheetah thinks that the world is just for the powerful ones,wonder woman stands for equality and wants a world for everybody,cheetah searched for godly power as a respond to her greed and desire to be superior to that human world that she thinks is fake and doesn't want to belong to that world,wonder woman in the other hand is almost a god and acts like a human and her powers are just a tool to help others and never something to put herself above people,all these about cheetah is all the opposite from wonder woman,and it's the same with every villan,they are destined to represent the opposite to the hero they fight,so it makes sense.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.