Morrison Talks About His Watchmen Follow-Up... Pax Americana

• 75 results
#51 Posted by Catastrophic (312 posts) - - Show Bio

Blah blah blah.

I think so I remember reading this argument many years ago.

This is Sergio Leonne VS Akira Kurosawa VS  Dashiell Hammet t all over again.

Remember that people?

At the end of the day, both were culturally important. If Morrison can come out something as good as Watchmen at the end of the day, I'm sure people would respect both materials equally.

And you Fanboys think why other people think you're annoying.

#52 Posted by ReverseNegative (2729 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd get it.

#53 Posted by Grouchy224 (25 posts) - - Show Bio

The Watchmen is just a comic book, and really aslong as the follow up is an entertaining read it shouldnt cause so much drama. The Watchmen isn't a bible, yo. Chill out.

#54 Posted by skaarason (683 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deadcool: where is this from ? 

but also if its as good as gm's batman stuff i will for sure be getting this !!!
#55 Posted by Jotham (4564 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone other than Morrison, I'd be screaming at my monitor right now. Of course, if he does it, it'll open the floodgates.

#56 Posted by Deadcool (6809 posts) - - Show Bio
@skaarason:  Oh, is just japanese fan-art

#57 Posted by TheBug (1111 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm actually really excited to see this.
#58 Posted by batmanboy11 (198 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Morrison but.... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
#59 Posted by Tsemasi (12 posts) - - Show Bio

This should be good.

#60 Posted by LFCMANIA (79 posts) - - Show Bio

what comic is that from? (batman vs. rorscach)?
#61 Posted by Nokturnum (12 posts) - - Show Bio

Or is this image from? Is it from some issue or is it just a drawing?

#62 Posted by johnny_spam (2035 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nokturnum: @Nokturnum said:
" Or is this image from? Is it from some issue or is it just a drawing? "
It was Wizard magazine from a few years ago they wrote an article on Countdown Arena and that was the main image.
#63 Posted by Wildish (99 posts) - - Show Bio

I watched the Film of Watchmen I quit liked it, though it was a bit grim in places, I can't wait till I read the comicbook
#64 Posted by the_fallen11 (636 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deadcool: haha funny.
#65 Posted by Red Rum (357 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder if they'll use new versions of other Charlton characters? Like E-Man, Judo Master, and Son of Vulcan?

#66 Posted by Deadcool (6809 posts) - - Show Bio
@the_fallen11:  I have lots and lots of those
#67 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheMess1428 said:
" Oh wow I just noticed that Comedian is Peacemaker, Rorschach is Question, and Niteowl is Blue Beetle. "

#68 Posted by gloverjake (14 posts) - - Show Bio

cool

#69 Posted by Eyz (3095 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not really a sequel...more of a "semi-sequel". It follows the concept, updates it to the 2000s, yet won't use the same universe and characters...

A spiritual sequel of sorts... Much better than when DC wanted to make a sequel of an Alan Moore work without Alan Moore!

#70 Posted by waruikumo (357 posts) - - Show Bio

Morrison = comic book god.  He can pretty much do anything, as far as I am concerned.  

#71 Posted by Dark Walker (477 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh...Frank Quitely...pass on this, I'm not keen on what Morrison is doing with Batman, he's a decent writer and storyteller, but I just can't stand Quitely's artwork. 

#72 Posted by Undeadpool (589 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheMess1428 said:
" Oh wow I just noticed that Comedian is Peacemaker, Rorschach is Question, and Niteowl is Blue Beetle. "
And Capt. Atom is Dr. Manhattan. 

I've got a lot of faith in Morrison, but he needs to tread VERY carefully. This isn't just some retooling of an obscure book that no one remembers, this is Watchmen.
Staff
#73 Posted by Dr. Maxwell (661 posts) - - Show Bio

Alan Moore will put a voodoo hex on Grant Morrison. Morrison will deflect it with chaos magic. And somewhere in the UK around New Castle or Leeds some 8 year old will be caught in the crossfire and his head will explode all over his bedroom wall. Following this the other members of The Society of British Bastards (Gaiman, Ellis, and Ennis) will just sit back and watch the Magician and the Shaman warp reality in their duel and then write about it in the various themes they employ.

Needless to say I am very excited about this

#74 Posted by J1ml33 (527 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dr. Maxwell said:
"  Alan Moore will put a voodoo hex on Grant Morrison. Morrison will deflect it with chaos magic. And somewhere in the UK around New Castle or Leeds some 8 year old will be caught in the crossfire and his head will explode all over his bedroom wall. Following this the other members of The Society of British Bastards (Gaiman, Ellis, and Ennis) will just sit back and watch the Magician and the Shaman warp reality in their duel and then write about it in the various themes they employ.  Needless to say I am very excited about this "
and what about the multiverse will Grant Morrison be the victor and Moore the vanquished ?tune in next week !
#75 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool idea, but I'm glad Morrison is using the Charlton characters

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.