inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    No Caption Provided
    Swordsman, Yellowjacket, Vision, Captain Marvel, Deathcry, and Doctor Druid, long dead Avengers and Avengers villains, find themselves alive and questioning why.

The Good

It's great to see some of my favorite Avengers alive again: Captain Marvel, Vision (the REAL one), and Swordsman. I like the idea of them coming back and having to work together, but that's about it. There were a couple flashbacks in the book that were all right, but the best part of the book was who they brought back at the end of the issue. Hint: It rhymes with Prim Preaper.

The Bad

The art is dated.I feel like I'm looking at something from a couple decades ago on glossy paper. The story is pretty dull as well, which is weird since I usually enjoy Van Lente's work. Too many characters have these long bits of dialogues, which are on the verge of monologues, and it's just not that interesting. Frankly, I just don't care for Yellowjacket, Doctor Druid, and especially Deathcry. They're all pretty lame characters, and my mind wasn't changed about them after reading this.

The Verdict 1.5/5 - Not Recommended

If you're reading Chaos War, borrow this book from a friend, but only if you're REALLY interested; otherwise, just pass it up. There's no real saving grace to this issue, and you'd be better off picking up something else. 
    Avatar image for turoksonofstone
    turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#1  Edited By turoksonofstone

Hmmm. Nice to see Captain Marvel though.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    @turoksonofstone said:
    " Hmmm. Nice to see Captain Marvel though. "
    I got really excited for this book because he was in it.... and then.... well.... you know the rest
    oldgum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By oldgum

Dead X-men are coming back in Chaos War, too.While...not yet.

Dr. Detfink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Dr. Detfink

This would be the equivalent if Sting went back to short blonde hair instead of his Crow look. Nostalgic but not enough for me to want back.

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By doordoor123

YAY! I was right not to buy this. I almost got it but decided just to stick with the main issues of Chaos War. I dont think the Dead Avengers will have anything to do with Chaos War. Its just for the fans who miss the dead characters.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By sora_thekey

When the idea of the Dead Avengers was announced I was really interested in this. Then it was announced that it was a Chaos War tie-in... Not so interested anymore! (Now, with good reason apparently!)

Sobe Cin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Sobe Cin

read it. I enjoyed Vision, Swordsman and Captain Marvel, Doctor Druid was a hell of lot different than I remembered him. While the others kind sat there and had a slap fest. 

If this how the Chaos War: X-Men is going to be I am going to be really disappointed.
    Pizawle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Pizawle

I never buy tie-ins anyway.

N7_Normandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By N7_Normandy

I have to disagree; I thought this was a great issue.  The flashbacks were quite interesting and there were some nice character moments. I'm  looking forward to the next issue

Scary Tousers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By Scary Tousers

Is there a possiblity to make alternate review? Because I just couldn't disagree with you more, even if they paid me to do it.

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Nova`Prime`

I think you're being alittle unfair on the character portrayal, I think you're supposed to get the feeling that this are "dated" characters. Captain Mar-vell's dialouge verged on epic and Swordsman's flashback was equally awesome along with his rant about his death. I think the three issues are probably going to revolve mostly around these characters dealing with either how they died or just plan coming to terms with it. Its clear that Swordsman isn't happy.

And can we please not compare this to Blackest Night/Brightest Day, magical rings didn't bring this characters back to life, which they aren't, they know their time on Earth is limited so they want to help the other dead that were brought back as well, because as you saw in the issues the souls of those who are dead are being absorbed.

brc2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By brc2000

Yeah, I think the review was a bit harsh. It was pretty decent, and I'm not really a fan of any of these characters barring Vision. I am a Grim Reaper fan though, so I'll be picking up the next issue.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Bring back Janet Pym...now!

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Nova`Prime`
    @Vance Astro said:
    " Bring back Janet Pym...now! "
    Janet's not dead as far as I remember, I wasn't really keeping up with Mighty Avengers to be a authority, but I thought Jan was trapped in or part of the Pymverse or where ever the hell he keeps the Infinite Avengers mansion.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.