scary_tousers's Chaos War: Dead Avengers #1 - The Chaos Races On review

• scary_tousers wrote this review on .

Best. Avengers. Ever.

I'm not a big fan of big name heroes these days. I stopped following most of „iconic” comics for the sake of titles with not so well-recognized heroes and better quality. Avengers are among titles I abandoned, because I felt like good characters are being pushed in the background for the sake of Thor, Iron Man, Captain America and recently Spider-Man and Wolverine. So I was very excited about this comics, considering it features bunch of characters almost nobody ever heard of, alongside C-listers - Captain Marvel and Vision. At last Avengers story without any of those story predators. I hoped it's gonna be a good comics. And I wasn't disappointed.

What I love about this comics is how Van Lente took characters I never heard of and turned them into glorious beings. Yellowjacket is just personification of fun, her lines are the funniest thing in the entire thing. Deathcry and Doctor Druid comes as those people who are bad at teamwork, but I really like how they both seems to be ashamed of their past lives and their deaths. Similar with Vision, who seems to be taking circumstances of his death very badly, especially in relation to his history. Swordsman came up as unquestionable badass, but also a man with clear morals and sense of honor. Captain Marvel came as most bland of the team, but I hope he will be better developed in future issues.

Art is great. Very clear, anatomically correct, there is absolutely no bad word I can say about it.

Final Verdict: 4 out of five, go and read it.