gold_dust_boi's Chaos War: Dead Avengers #1 - The Chaos Races On review

Re-Assembly Line

What can I say? I loved it!  In a world where storylines have more "tie-ins" then actual parts of the story, I wasn't really sure I was gonna like the entire Chaos War at all.  However, so far I've been relatively surprised by how its turned out.  I like it because you don't have to read 7 years of continuity just to follow the story and I like it because it doesn't seem like its going to bleeding endlessly into one galaxy spanning crossover after another.  Now this particular part of the story was most enjoyable because...I DONT KNOW THESE PEOPLE.  I've never been much of an Avengers fan, always way more into X-men, unless there was some big event happening, but, with Wolverine being in every Marvel book and Beast all cozy in Secret Avengers, I decided to branch out to that line of books.  So, being a die hard Avengers fan for all of 6 months to a year, I know all about Captain Marvel and the Vision, but I've only heard about Yellowjacket, Swordsman, Hellcry, and Dr Druid.  I am also quite familiar with big time baddies like Norman Osborn and Loki, but Grim Reaper (classic but not constantly reoccurring villain) isn't someone that the casual Avengers reader knows the full skinny on.  All that being said, I think that the writers took these not-always-spotlit characters and threw them into a story that both made sense and was entertaining to read!  I can only hope that the rest of this tie-in series is as fun as this first issue was.

Posted by The Angry Comic Book Critic

I might read this if only for captain marvel he's one badass hero. Good review