inferiorego's Chaos War: Dead Avengers #1 - The Chaos Races On review

• inferiorego wrote this review on .
  • inferiorego has written a total of 318 reviews. The last one was for

Review: Chaos War Dead Avengers #1

Swordsman, Yellowjacket, Vision, Captain Marvel, Deathcry, and Doctor Druid, long dead Avengers and Avengers villains, find themselves alive and questioning why.

The Good

It's great to see some of my favorite Avengers alive again: Captain Marvel, Vision (the REAL one), and Swordsman. I like the idea of them coming back and having to work together, but that's about it. There were a couple flashbacks in the book that were all right, but the best part of the book was who they brought back at the end of the issue. Hint: It rhymes with Prim Preaper.

The Bad

The art is dated.I feel like I'm looking at something from a couple decades ago on glossy paper. The story is pretty dull as well, which is weird since I usually enjoy Van Lente's work. Too many characters have these long bits of dialogues, which are on the verge of monologues, and it's just not that interesting. Frankly, I just don't care for Yellowjacket, Doctor Druid, and especially Deathcry. They're all pretty lame characters, and my mind wasn't changed about them after reading this.

The Verdict 1.5/5 - Not Recommended

If you're reading Chaos War, borrow this book from a friend, but only if you're REALLY interested; otherwise, just pass it up. There's no real saving grace to this issue, and you'd be better off picking up something else.