Follow

Chaos! Comics

Publisher »

Now an imprint of DYNAMITE COMICS, Chaos! was originally a company co-owned by Brian Pulido and the late Steven Hughes. The writer and artist pair began publishing their cult-favorite Evil Ernie & Lady Death in the early 90's and ran independently until about 2003.

Dynamite Entertainment Aquires Chaos! Comics

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Nova`Prime`

Dynamite has been a big mover and shaker in recent months with aquistions of Vampirella, the launch of the Green Hornet line, and the continued telling of the stories of Red Sonja. But as off 19 May 2010 their library of characters and properties has expanded once again. I got an email today from Dynamite Entertainment about the comics coming out this week, at the top of the email was a link to a Newsarama article <--------- Below is the article courtesy of Newsarama.

May 19, 2010, Runnemede, NJ - Dynamite Entertainment has acquired the Chaos! Comics' library and all associated assets which include the publishing labels Black Label Graphics, Infinity Comics and the properties Evil Ernie, Smiley the Psychotic Button, Chastity, Purgatori, Jade, Omen, Bad Kitty, Cremator, Lady Demon and many more (with the exception of Lady Death).  Chaos! Comics was the leading independent comics publisher of the 1990's, achieving over thirty million dollars in sales in eight languages.

Chaos! featured such prominent writers such as Peter (Incredible Hulk) David, Brian (Lady Death) Pulido, Alan (Watchmen) Moore, and Christopher (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) Golden, and artists such as Jae (Dark Tower) Lee, Greg (X-Force/Spawn) Capullo, Mike (Dark Avengers/Secret Avengers) Deodato, Art (Ultimate X) Adams, Boris (Conan the Barbarian) Vallejo, Steven (Lady Death) Hughes, Adam (Wonder Woman) Hughes,  Joseph (Dawn) Michael Linsner, Berni Wrightson and many more.

The Chaos! library was known for its dark yet seductive characters that pushed the boundaries of horror comics.

"After announcing our acquisition of Vampirella, and now the Chaos! properties, Dynamite Entertainment is in possession of some of the most iconic horror characters in comic book history, with Evil Ernie and Chastity arguably being the most iconic" says Dynamite Entertainment President Nick Barrucci.  "Dynamite Entertainment has grown significantly these past several months with our acquisition of Dabel Bros., our publishing relationship with Liquid and Grant Morrison, and with several other more surprises coming up, we are aiming to be the most diverse publisher in comics!"

So what does the Comic Vine community think? I for one a very excited, although it sucks they didn't get the license for Lady Death, my first love of comics, but needless to say now some great characters will be brought back to life (so to speak) and by some of the industries top people.

Smiley likes this... how about you?
     Smiley likes this... how about you?

IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By IcePrince_X

i wish they will allow CS Moore to obtain license for Purgatori and Vampirella so they can make another statue for these gals. 

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By warlock360

Dynamite be steppin' up, i like.

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Nova`Prime`

Just giving a little bump... want to keep the word spreading so everyone knows :)

DeathinFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By DeathinFire

I'm very happy.  I haven't seen or heard much from Chaos in years and now perhaps Dynamite will put some stuff back on the shelves.  Kinda like Wildstorm did with The Maxx.
    KillerZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By KillerZ  Moderator

As a fan of Chaos!, I LOVE IT

GothamBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By GothamBat

Yes! I've missed me some Chastity!

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Crom-Cruach

this is good news :)

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Nova`Prime`
    @Crom-Cruach said:
    " this is good news :) "
    Yes it is.. it would have been better if they also got the license for Lady Death *sigh* well at least they got Purgatori, Chastity, and Lady Demon (although I don't know how they got her but not Lady Death) hooray for scantily clad horror chicks fighting zombies, skeltons, and demons.
     Hercules is a fan of this idea... and scantily clad vixens!

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Crom-Cruach
    @Nova`Prime`:  Maybe the creator has rights to lady death or something and it tied with the legal department. @Nova`Prime` said:
    "
    "
    Our man Steven Colbert  also gives this his bump

No Caption Provided
    Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Nova`Prime`
    @Crom-Cruach: HAHAHAHA thanks for the Colbert bump man.. its much appreciated.

And ya that's the only think I can think of I know Polladio (or however you spell that guys name) didn't like the idea of selling her to CrossGen the first time and I know I've seen new books of hers on shelves so its possible he decided to just make her books.
    Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Crom-Cruach
    @Nova`Prime`: possible or they just threw more money at him and changed his mind.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.