Follow

Chameleon Boy

Character » Chameleon Boy appears in 890 issues.

Shape-shifting alien from the planet Durla and member of the Legion of Super-Heroes.

Chameleon Boy's Power?

Avatar image for kid_omega_prime
    Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Kid_Omega_Prime

I was Wondering about CB's powers? How go of a shapshifter is he? On a scale of 1 to 10. 1 being Mystique and 10 being Morph where dose CB fit in?
    cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By cattlebattle
    @Kid_Omega_Prime said:
    I was Wondering about CB's powers? How go of a shapshifter is he? On a scale of 1 to 10. 1 being Mystique and 10 being Morph where dose CB fit in?
    probably 8 he is like Beast Boy essentially only he turns into intergalactic animals he also blends in for hiding and such
    Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Kid_Omega_Prime

Can Chameleon Boy change his gender?

Izaiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Izaiah
    @Kid_Omega_Prime said:
    Yep, at least temporarily.
    The 'Threeboot' (which Geoff Johns thinks is the future of Earth-Prime) version of Chameleon is implied to not strictly identify as male or female at all (although personality-wise, he seems to lean towards the masculine side).
    Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Kid_Omega_Prime

@Izaiah said:

@Kid_Omega_Prime said:
    Yep, at least temporarily. The 'Threeboot' (which Geoff Johns thinks is the future of Earth-Prime) version of Chameleon is implied to not strictly identify as male or female at all (although personality-wise, he seems to lean towards the masculine side).

I know I asked this question already but I never got a ansrew... 1) Can Cham Shape his arms into things like swords, shields and guns ? 2) If Cham shapes himself into some like... Ultra Boy dose he get UB's powers to ? And 3) Dose Cham have limits to his Shapeshifting powers if any ?

Izaiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Izaiah
    @Kid_Omega_Prime
    1) Probably.  In LSH v5 #4 (Threeboot), he says that he can duplicate only appearance, even if he made himself look metallic it'd still only be flesh, but this seems to have been retconned once Jim Shooter took over, and had Cham explain that he could assume at least some of properties of the things he shapeshifts into.  
    When Brainiac 5 needed to analyze an alien destroyer's weapon in one issue, he tricked Cham into shapeshifting his arm into it, and then chopped it off.  The chopped off arm seemed to be sufficiently close to the original weapon that Brainiac could deduce its indended function and construct a functioning replica of the weapon from it.
    2) Nope. He can't duplicate someone's powers that way, the 'power' needs to be an obvious effect of his shape, like, he could fly (ignoring the Legion Flight Ring) if he grew wings, but he can't develop flight solely by taking on the shape of Superman or Ultra Boy or whoever.
    3) There don't seem to be many limits to Cham's shapeshifting ability, it seems to just be that he can't duplicate any powers.  To replicate a lifeform's shape perfectly though, he may need to scan it with his antennae first.
    Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Kid_Omega_Prime

@Izaiah said:

@Kid_Omega_Prime: 1) Probably. In LSH v5 #4 (Threeboot), he says that he can duplicate only appearance, even if he made himself look metallic it'd still only be flesh, but this seems to have been retconned once Jim Shooter took over, and had Cham explain that he could assume at least some of properties of the things he shapeshifts into. When Brainiac 5 needed to analyze an alien destroyer's weapon in one issue, he tricked Cham into shapeshifting his arm into it, and then chopped it off. The chopped off arm seemed to be sufficiently close to the original weapon that Brainiac could deduce its indended function and construct a functioning replica of the weapon from it.2) Nope. He can't duplicate someone's powers that way, the 'power' needs to be an obvious effect of his shape, like, he could fly (ignoring the Legion Flight Ring) if he grew wings, but he can't develop flight solely by taking on the shape of Superman or Ultra Boy or whoever. 3) There don't seem to be many limits to Cham's shapeshifting ability, it seems to just be that he can't duplicate any powers. To replicate a lifeform's shape perfectly though, he may need to scan it with his antennae first.

I see well this really helps alot. I still like to know if the tentcal form he had is his true form ? I also like to know if Reep's race can shapshift natruly or as a result of there mutation of the 6 min war ?

Izaiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Izaiah
    @Kid_Omega_Prime said:

I see well this really helps alot. I still like to know if the tentcal form he had is his true form ? I also like to know if Reep's race can shapshift natruly or as a result of there mutation of the 6 min war ?

Those things are probably canon to Classic Legion continuity (which is what the current Legion titles follow, more or less), but I don't know for certain so don't quote me on this.
    Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Kid_Omega_Prime

@Izaiah said:

@Kid_Omega_Prime said:

Those things are probably canon to Classic Legion continuity (which is what the current Legion titles follow, more or less), but I don't know for certain so don't quote me on this.

Ummm... I see. Well thanks anyway.

OtaconMGS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: @izaiah: @kid_omega_prime: I found this on the dc database about durlans

Orange-Skinned Durlan Sub-Group

A third group, apparently spared the "six-minute war" through the machinations of Brainiac, has been uncovered since then. They were captured and turned into a bottle city by the Coluan tyrant, but were rescued during the closing stages of the New Krypton Affair by a commando team from the 31st century. It is implied that this group will somehow lead Durlan society to its place in the United Planets, and that the Daggle family (specifically the branch containing Ren Daggle and Reep Daggle) has its origins within it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.