New Mutants #24 - Age of X chapter 6 (spoilers)

#1 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

So once reality was restored and everything was back to normal it seems that Chamber has his original mutant powers back. No longer the Apocalypse lips or the Decibel powers. Does this mean other mutants present on the island who lost their powers on M-Day have regained them?

#2 Posted by karrob (4264 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrinceIMC: Good question. I was wondering the same thing.
#3 Posted by Baddamdog (2212 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrinceIMC: If it did mean that, it would mean Jubilee would get her powers back, and I don't think that's gonna happen, I think writers are just going to pick and choose who but I am so excited for Jono being back!!!
#4 Posted by eter (203 posts) - - Show Bio

Yaiiii! Chamber is back hurray!!!! I hope Dani get her powers back too and jubilee... well since she is a vampire I doubt that Carey coudl repower her too (dammit, I would like to see jubes with her powers again)
#5 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

We don't know yet, but I'm really happy with Chamber's re-powering.

#6 Posted by fesak (6981 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome. He shouldn't have been depowered in the first place

#7 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio
@fesak: It was kinda interesting at first, a guy with no chest losing his powers that were keeping him alive. I don't think they considered the long term though. Him being descended from Apocalypse, cool, his characterization in New Warriors was not Jono.
#8 Posted by fesak (6981 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrinceIMC said:

" @fesak: It was kinda interesting at first, a guy with no chest losing his powers that were keeping him alive. I don't think they considered the long term though. Him being descended from Apocalypse, cool, his characterization in New Warriors was not Jono. "

All characterizations in New Warriors were ಠ_ಠ
Especially Beak. Awkward scrawny weirdo somehow turns into buff square-jawed jock because of... reasons.
#9 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio
@fesak: As for Chamber it probably would have been better if it were a mental thing sort of like Iceman thought he lost his powers but it was just a mental block. Then again I kinda wish Chamber had kept his restored chest from Weapon X. Why he needed to blow his chest off again I'll never understand.
#10 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@Baddamdog said:
"it would mean Jubilee would get her powers back, and I don't think that's gonna happen, I think writers are just going to pick and choose who but I am so excited for Jono being back!!! "
Agreed.  There might be a few loop-holes for popular characters like Jono, but I seriously doubt that 'Revenant' will be sticking around much longer.  If Jean is going to be resurrected, then it'll be a giant event that's hyped up & hinted at for months in advance.

@eter said:
"I hope Dani get her powers back too"
I'm sorry... I wish that too, but we never actually saw Dani using her mutant powers during the Age of X.  Somehow I don't think she's going to be re-powered :(

@John Valentine said:
"I'm really happy with Chamber's re-powering. "
Me too...  but I feel sorry for him (losing his chest & jaw all over again)

#11 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
"@John Valentine said: 
"I'm really happy with Chamber's re-powering. "
Me too...  but I feel sorry for him (losing his chest & jaw all over again)"
He looked weird anyway......
#12 Posted by fesak (6981 posts) - - Show Bio

Well the unique look is a big part of why he's a great character.

#13 Posted by JonesDeini (3501 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrinceIMC said:
" So once reality was restored and everything was back to normal it seems that Chamber has his original mutant powers back. No longer the Apocalypse lips or the Decibel powers. Does this mean other mutants present on the island who lost their powers on M-Day have regained them? "
Thing is, I don't think that's the legit Jono. I mean he's a holdover from the AoX which crossed over into the 616 Universe when Legion "fixed" the mess "Moira" made. I noticed that Revenant and Berserker were in our reality as well. The three of them are the anomalies that were referenced and I don't expect to see them around long.  
#14 Posted by papad1992 (6793 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone have scans of Chamber repowered again!?!?!

And I would love it if Dani's powers were returned to her!! She's such a strong headed-woman that she needs her powers back!!

#15 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

It isn't "Beserker", it's Warpath in his original blue & red outfit.  However, it might not be 'our' Jono after all as Revenant includes him as a 'piece that doesn't fit'.  Whether that means he's also been dragged out of an imaginary world like she has been, or if it's because he didn't revert to being blue remains to be seen.

Dani didn't actually demonstrate having any powers at all during the Age of X.  She had keen hunting skills, and shot a bow & arrow... but she never used any psionic powers.

This is all we've got to go on so far...
New Mutants #24

#16 Posted by CaptainCyke (99 posts) - - Show Bio

For some reason I envisioned Revenant reverting to Hope or something, maybe the others reverting to the lights.

#17 Posted by papad1992 (6793 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
"It isn't "Beserker", it's Warpath in his original blue & red outfit.  However, it might not be 'our' Jono after all as Revenant includes him as a 'piece that doesn't fit'.  Whether that means he's also been dragged out of an imaginary world like she has been, or if it's because he didn't revert to being blue remains to be seen.

Dani didn't actually demonstrate having any powers at all during the Age of X.  She had keen hunting skills, and shot a bow & arrow... but she never used any psionic powers.

This is all we've got to go on so far...
New Mutants #24

"

I've got to tell ya... Revenant looks like she's in an uncomfortable pose!!!
#18 Posted by CaptainCyke (99 posts) - - Show Bio

By the way, from Marvel.com interview:

Marvel.com: What can you tease as far as what’s up with Chamber and Revenant?

Mike Carey: Just that there are reasons, in each case, why they haven’t changed back.  And as Revenant warns us, they’re not the only ones who’ll be affected in this way.  Revenant’s secrets—or some of them, anyway—are revealed in X-MEN: LEGACY #248 and revisited in #250.  Chamber remains a question mark for now.

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/story/15768/age_of_x_assessment_chapter_6#ixzz1LINaPDdd
#19 Posted by unicornpuncher (413 posts) - - Show Bio
@eter said:
" Yaiiii! Chamber is back hurray!!!! I hope Dani get her powers back too and jubilee... well since she is a vampire I doubt that Carey coudl repower her too (dammit, I would like to see jubes with her powers again) "
OMG if Dani got her powers back I will be so happy!  But she didnt have any powers in age of x, so im doubting this will happen
#20 Posted by unicornpuncher (413 posts) - - Show Bio
@eter said:
" Yaiiii! Chamber is back hurray!!!! I hope Dani get her powers back too and jubilee... well since she is a vampire I doubt that Carey coudl repower her too (dammit, I would like to see jubes with her powers again) "
OMG if Dani got her powers back I will be so happy!  But she didnt have any powers in age of x, so im doubting this will happen
#21 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18764 posts) - - Show Bio
@CaptainCyke said:
" By the way, from Marvel.com interview:

Marvel.com: What can you tease as far as what’s up with Chamber and Revenant?

Mike Carey: Just that there are reasons, in each case, why they haven’t changed back.  And as Revenant warns us, they’re not the only ones who’ll be affected in this way.  Revenant’s secrets—or some of them, anyway—are revealed in X-MEN: LEGACY #248 and revisited in #250.  Chamber remains a question mark for now.

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/story/15768/age_of_x_assessment_chapter_6#ixzz1LINaPDdd
"
Thank you!
#22 Posted by Mercy_ (91871 posts) - - Show Bio

Ooooooh

#23 Posted by CaptainCyke (99 posts) - - Show Bio

More Jono news in the next X-Men Legacy 248:

#24 Posted by papad1992 (6793 posts) - - Show Bio
@CaptainCyke

depressing...
#25 Posted by fesak (6981 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome

#26 Posted by XsPectre28 (739 posts) - - Show Bio

chamber has been out of the x-men loop for some time...... i think he should have became the apocalypse or that even if archangel is to stay the new master of evil then chamber along with blink should be amongst the horsemen i mean what was the point of using that plot if its not goin to go any further. i remember when chamber was recreated in apocalypse image he was a omega level mutant but got his powers artificially to become decibel....... unacceptable

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.