Should they get their own title?

#1 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

well the only thing that the four of them share is that they were once titans....

#2 Posted by G-Man (31791 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay here's what I worked on tonight. I even went back and added all their appearances. Not sure how people feel about the whole Countdown thing. Doesn't seem to be a high topic of interest around here. I've been enjoying the series even though it hasn't been great each issue. There have been some let-downs. There have been some times when I've waited for the next bit on some of the characters only to have to wait 2 or 3 weeks until they resurface to the spotlight. I have been trying to do write-ups for most issues.

So with the "Challengers" we have Donna Troy, Kyle Rayner and Jason Todd. Ray Palmer is sorta with them now. There's been some rumblings of them getting a series after Countdown is over. What do you guys think? Potential? I'd love to see them hop around the rest of the Multiverse.

Staff
#3 Posted by Charlie-Cluster 7 (199 posts) - - Show Bio

So,it dosent matter what they share.

I think they should.

#4 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

i'd be interested... but i know Kyle is going to have his hands full over the next 16 months...

maybe they will all be involved in the "Light War" and the "Darkest Night" somehow...

M

#5 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

well let's think this with logic:

Donna-Will be a member of the titans

Kyle-GL corps

Jason-Johns + Red Robin= JSA?

Ray-????

#6 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

don't start with Booster Gold...

he's a big enough headache for the DCU as it is lol

M

#7 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"i'd be interested... but i know Kyle is going to have his hands full over the next 16 months...maybe they will all be involved in the "Light War" and the "Darkest Night" somehow...M"

if they continue as a team they would protect the multiverse.

Anyone wants to bet that they would cross over with Booster Gold one day? lol

#8 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"don't start with Booster Gold...he's a big enough headache for the DCU as it is lolM"

his book is quite good actually

anyway don't know, I think one of them will die anyway

My bet is for Ray Palmer

Reason?

He is the one that is supposed to stop the great disaster, and because of the solicits of april we know it will happen anyway.

Besides Kyle is too important and both Donna and Jason were revived just 2 years ago

On the other hand, it would be cool to have a team of anomalies lol

maybe later Nightwing and Supergirl can join :P

#9 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Kyle we know won't die... he's around in the Blackest Night, we know that lol

I can't see them killing off Donna again, but it could happen...

i'd be quite happy if they killed off Jason though :D

M

#10 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"Kyle we know won't die... he's around in the Blackest Night, we know that lolI can't see them killing off Donna again, but it could happen...i'd be quite happy if they killed off Jason though :DM"

hides Methos

He didn't mean it Akira, he was just kidding, noone wants that character dead cough besides of millions of fans cough

My bet is on Ray Palmer, hear my prediction people, Ray Palmer must die...or was it Jimmy? :P

#11 Posted by Buckshot (18914 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't been reading it regularly but I heard the last few issues were good so I read those. Don't know how a team with them would look, especially if at least two of them have other teams they're on. I'm more interested in what Jason does with this Red Robin thing, especially with all the other Kingdom Come stuff popping up.

#12 Posted by G-Man (31791 posts) - - Show Bio

I like this image:

Staff
#13 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

as i said in another thread, we already all know where he was really hiding...

M

#14 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man says:

"I like this image:
" />http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/7000/6849/6611-jason-todd_400.jpg"

yeah, the first time I saw it, I was like "who the heck is that guy?" lol

and for some months I thought it was doctor mid-nite lol

#15 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"as i said in another thread, we already all know where he was really hiding...M"

can you blame him?

#16 Posted by Knightwing (333 posts) - - Show Bio

Nighthunter says:

"Methos says:
"as i said in another thread, we already all know where he was really hiding...M"

can you blame him?"

For a guy who just imprisoned his wife in Arkham Asylum, he sure finds some.....interesting places to hang out.

The one above is from JLU ep: Dark Heart.

Wonderwoman: I'm going to need both hands, professor.

#17 Posted by TheGhostWriter (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I definitely think the Challengers from Beyond deserve their own title! This may be my love of Marvel Comics' title "Exiles" talking, but I thoroughly enjoyed seeing Donna, Jason, and the gang traversing the DC Multiverse. If you think about it, they're kind of like the Exiles too. They hop from reality to reality, righting wrongs, and working towards an ultimate goal that's for the betterment of the Omniverse as a whole. If they hadn't found Ray, who knows how things could've turned out back home?! If the Challengers from Beyond actually ended up with their own title, I can see them having something of a similar motif to the Exiles, drawing in heroes from across their own Multiverse (as they did with the Jokester) to create a team roster, then working their way around the multiverse to put things into motion so that the overall Omniverse would stay in balance.
#18 Posted by ohrenclez (77 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be great to see the Challangers from Beyond back in action...
and what aboout "Monitoring the Monitors", haven't seen a lot of that

#19 Posted by superboyrocks13 (1089 posts) - - Show Bio
@Methos: 
lol

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.