Cell, The Solar System Buster?

• 85 results
#51 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
erik said:
"The Earth gives off chi. Chi is in everything. It's in the stars the planets, everything. There is chi in a desert wasteland and in a lush forest. The amount would vary. Still, it is in all things."
Possibly, I still think its what I said above though.

@Oldmagic: What manga is that?
#52 Posted by Erik (33327 posts) - - Show Bio

It is possible. In DBZ though, people that can feel chi always seem to have a pretty good idea what they can destroy.

#53 Posted by oldmagic (5295 posts) - - Show Bio

The manga is called Shin Angyo Onshi

This has to possibly be the best manga i have ever read. Ever. Forget Bleach, forget Naruto. Those guys are nothing compared to the level of plot, intrigue, the great story.....Hell, the amount of development these characters have is incredible. Each and every character has a story worth telling. But most of all, The main protagonist is one cold bastard. You'll know why at the beginning of the chapters. But the villein.....jeezus, i don't think i have ever met a villein i would come to hate more then anything else. Dr. Doom's got nothing on him. And i love villeins like Maphesto or Lucifer. But this guy....the way the author portrayed the villein makes the readers hate him, hoping he dies a painful death. Very PAINFUL DEATH!!!!!! 

But anyway, within the manga world, this is the best manga out right now. Nothing beats it. Absolutely nothing. 

#54 Posted by oldmagic (5295 posts) - - Show Bio
erik said:
"It is possible. In DBZ though, people that can feel chi always seem to have a pretty good idea what they can destroy."
it's common. 
#55 Posted by Swagga Boy (3769 posts) - - Show Bio
erik said:
"It is possible. In DBZ though, people that can feel chi always seem to have a pretty good idea what they can destroy."

Not really
#56 Posted by Swagga Boy (3769 posts) - - Show Bio

o and cell cant destroy a solar system

#57 Posted by Ego (2324 posts) - - Show Bio
Conspiralcy said:
"erik said:
"Well Frieza was able to destroy a planet in his first form with complete ease and his fourth form is a joke by Cell games. Cell's statement is not unbelievable."
I'm sure Frieza hit the core of the planet when he did. 
This is Frieza destroying planet vegeta in the Bardock movie. It shows the blast hitting the center of the planet while trails of energy spread outward from it.

"
10,000 nukes setting off inside the core of a planet wouldn't even destroy the planet. it would just cause some minor earthquakes at the least.
#58 Posted by Ego (2324 posts) - - Show Bio
Conspiralcy said:
Cell stated he had enough power to destroy a solar system. The sun being, a part of the solar system and all, would have to be covered by the blast, as well as the other planets in the solar system. 
Again, it's not a fact that Cell has enough power to destroy a solar system. It's a character quote.

"
a quote that all the entire dbz universe felt true.. even the kai's. and they are gods who are omniscinece.

#59 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio
Ego said:
"Conspiralcy said:
Cell stated he had enough power to destroy a solar system. The sun being, a part of the solar system and all, would have to be covered by the blast, as well as the other planets in the solar system. 
Again, it's not a fact that Cell has enough power to destroy a solar system. It's a character quote.

"
a quote that all the entire dbz universe felt true.. even the kai's. and they are gods who are omniscinece.

"

Very true, and there was never a limit to his energy capacity so its very posssible he could do it easily.
#60 Posted by warlock360 (28064 posts) - - Show Bio
Conspiralcy said:
"
caption
"
seriously... do you see how big those bubbles are... aint no way in hell the text is that small i can bet its manipped
#61 Posted by King Saturn (225163 posts) - - Show Bio
Hmmm...interesting. The DBZ Debates neva end  !

lol
#62 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio

*SIGH* Its manga

#63 Posted by King Saturn (225163 posts) - - Show Bio
Lantern Prime said:
"

*SIGH* Its manga

"
Doesnt Matter... it still centers around those same ole DBZ characters we have been babbling about for months in the battle forums
#64 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio

Its funny how many people not only on this site but other forums that are so sensitive to these topicz. Its like a hate or love em' thing.

#65 Posted by King Saturn (225163 posts) - - Show Bio
These threads amuse me...
#66 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio

When I was on Marvel Forums they banned DBZ topics or manga period because of the flame wars back in Fall of 06

#67 Posted by King Saturn (225163 posts) - - Show Bio
Lantern Prime said:
"When I was on Marvel Forums they banned DBZ topics or manga period because of the flame wars back in Fall of 06"
Oh Yeah ? I used to go on Marvel forums a lot... got tired of it though
#68 Posted by oldmagic (5295 posts) - - Show Bio
Voidheart said:
"Conspiralcy said:
"
caption
"
seriously... do you see how big those bubbles are... aint no way in hell the text is that small i can bet its manipped"
your right. It was probably rigged from the very start. meh, interesting though. 
#69 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"Lantern Prime said:
"When I was on Marvel Forums they banned DBZ topics or manga period because of the flame wars back in Fall of 06"
Oh Yeah ? I used to go on Marvel forums a lot... got tired of it though"

Yeah they started banning people for posting non-comic related battles. They became unfair, I got banned for starting a Master Chief vs Spider-Man topic.
#70 Posted by King Saturn (225163 posts) - - Show Bio
Lantern Prime said:
"King Saturn said:
"Lantern Prime said:

Yeah they started banning people for posting non-comic related battles. They became unfair, I got banned for starting a Master Chief vs Spider-Man topic."
Wow. That Sucks
#71 Edited by Bart Simpson (536 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe Cell could blow up a solar system. Vegeta vaporized a planet before he arrived on Earth at the start of the series and I heard Broly destroyed an entire galaxy. And if I'm not mistaken Broly and Cell are seen to be around the same level.

oldmagic said:

"Voidheart said:
"Conspiralcy said:
"
caption
"
seriously... do you see how big those bubbles are... aint no way in hell the text is that small i can bet its manipped"
your right. It was probably rigged from the very start. meh, interesting though. "

Keep in mind the manga probably wasn't originally written in English.

King Saturn said:
"Lantern Prime said:
"King Saturn said:
"Lantern Prime said:

Yeah they started banning people for posting non-comic related battles. They became unfair, I got banned for starting a Master Chief vs Spider-Man topic."
Wow. That Sucks"

That indeed sucks. Hate to know what would happen to me if I started the same threads around there that I did here like 'Marvel 616 vs Animal House'?
#72 Posted by King Saturn (225163 posts) - - Show Bio
Yeah... Marvel is tough on rules in the Forums...
#73 Posted by HalJordan1986x (4760 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry but until cell actually destroys a solar system

its nothing but hyperbolic bs

also the destruction of planet vegeta was off panel in the manga

which basically means dbz characters dont reach true planet busting status until the end of the cell saga

but they never go beyond planet busting

#74 Posted by The Rookie (3126 posts) - - Show Bio

^^^lol his post are so funny.

#75 Posted by Villelater (1307 posts) - - Show Bio

think of it this way! what is Harder? destroying a Planet in space or when your on it?

#76 Posted by Destinyhero20 (377 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldmagic said:

THANK YOU NITEFLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, okay Conspiraicy, let me carefully explain why i am saying that American comics and Japanese comics are different. Japanese comics only have one author and one artist. They have there own story and they finish there own story. American comics have multitude of authors for the same characters as well as multitude ways of dealing with how said characters deal with those problems. Because each authors uses the characters deal with problems differently, thus comes the bad writing on few occations. Also, another difference between American comics and japanese one is that while American is a complete nazi when it comes to covering all aspects of powers for each individual from top to bottom, japanese authors don't care for powers, rather the story it self. There are many mangas out there with barely explained info when a character uses his power. And you, Conspiraicy, is comparing, or thinking dbz manga as a type of american comic where everything should be explained down to the littlest of detail. That is where you made the mistake.
Let me explain in a bit more where you might understand a little more. What i am about to show you is a couple of scans done in another manga. This is my favorite manga of all time because of the incredible story, the incredible art (this is one of those rare mangas where true art appears, where the author actually studied illustration and other such courses) An incredible villein that could kill Hulk, Dr. Strange and many other powerful character with just a look. And the funny thing is, they barely explained anything about his powers. AT ALL!!!! So i barely know any of his powers except the Villein is a demon, a master of magic user on such a level he could raise an entire army and enforce his will on to them and could destroy anything with just a mare glance.

Here is a little example.....And it was barely explained how his powers work, just that they could and would. And trust me very much when i say i tried to understand his powers as best as i can but it was futile. Weather this is reality warping? Power of combustion? Magic on a whole new level? who knows. But what i do know is that this is a manga where they do not care for explained powers much compared to DC or Marvel.

This isn't about trying to get technical or anything like that. With these scans i showed today, it's pretty obvious allot of people would be showed to find that he can defeat strong characters with little trouble....But thats where the problem comes. We don't know how his powers work, thus, we cannot come to a conclusion weather he could beat someone like Scarlet Witch or Silver Surfer or even Superman. Can we make the assumption that This Villein could make Superman explode with just a look? possibly.

caption
caption
caption
caption
caption

caption

caption
caption
caption
caption
caption
caption
caption
caption

You know there is a guide book for DBZ, that where you get info on there powers

#77 Posted by velle37 (6037 posts) - - Show Bio

The writer...... 
Had Cell make this statement...... 
As a form of characeterization....... 
To give connotation to how powerful cell had then become...... 

It's not far-fetched for Cell at this point to be that powerful..............
#78 Posted by utotheg38 (18861 posts) - - Show Bio

lol, Thought I made funny threads.

#79 Posted by Destinyhero20 (377 posts) - - Show Bio

@velle37:

It is far-fetched

1. It wasn't in the Daizenshuu (I check all of them)

2. Cell blew himself up and didn't know he was going to regenerate from it

3. Cell would kill himself, since earth is part of the solar system

#80 Posted by Amazingoctus (3117 posts) - - Show Bio

*tilts head and stares* Hmmm?
#81 Edited by OmegaDynasty (9199 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought the solar system comment was hyperbole seeing how he only stated it but never showed him doing it. Kinda like Sentry's power of one million exploding suns. 

#82 Edited by AHULL62781 (12 posts) - - Show Bio

I sort of have proof Cell can. It requires patience. At kanzenshuu, old Japanese guidebooks were translated and it mentions that cell actually can.

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=22411

There was a discussion about what Super Saiyan 2 was called BEFORE the author thought up Super Saiyan 3, so old guides were brought into the discussion.

Page 147

Super Saiyan Grade Five (Strongest Form)

An aura with sparks like flashes of lightning and an upright, combative hairstyle are the distinguishing features of this, the strongest Saiyan warrior! One's personality also becomes aggressive; even the ordinarily gentle Gohan started to enjoy battle! Its power is enough to push back even Cell's energy bullet, which had enough force to blow away the Solar System!

Super Saiyan 2 used to be called Super Saiyan Grade V and it says Brolly has a different super saiyan form than all the others that's special to him.

A Super Saiyan that has achieved a different evolution!!

Broli appeared in the movie "Burn Up!! A Red-Hot, Raging, Super Fierce Fight". His final form resembles Super Saiyan Grade Three. But his speed is ultra first-class, and he could be called a Super Saiyan who has achieved a different evolution than Goku and the others!

#83 Edited by ROBOT6661 (26 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm starting to believe that he can in the kazenshu they translated a old Daizenshuu guide were it states that gohan in ssj2 (before known as ssj grade 5 xD) beat cell's energy bullet (kamehameha??) that could blow away a solar system, heres the quote and the link:

Page 147

Super Saiyan Grade Five (Strongest Form)

An aura with sparks like flashes of lightning and an upright, combative hairstyle are the distinguishing features of this, the strongest Saiyan warrior! One's personality also becomes aggressive; even the ordinarily gentle Gohan started to enjoy battle! Its power is enough to push back even Cell's energy bullet, which had enough force to blow away the Solar System!

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=22411

Also since the new movie is coming out and new guidebook and info, it's been stated that the kaioshin can create stars/planets/life and since creating something needs more energy than destroying something (at least IMO) then cell could destroy the sun since according to goku cell=dabura and the kaioshin wasn't as strong as dabura, also don't forget that bisuru (the movie villain) in the translated trailer picolo states that he can blow up the gallaxy with his strongest attack, heres the quote and link:

The Kaiōshin possess the power of “creation”, which provides stars/planets and life-forms the impetus to be born. The one who possesses the opposing power, and authority, of “destruction”, is the God of Destruction. Through the repetition of destruction of stars/planets continually increasing in numbers, and the birth of new stars/planets, the balance of the entire universe is maintained.

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2013/02/06/chozenshu-1-overview-translations-and-more/

heres the link of the translation of the trailer:

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2012/12/11/battle-of-gods-official-trailer-posted-on-11ch-website/

Also take in mind that cell gathered enough energy he can't just blow it up with 1 little energy blast like the way frieza blows up a planet (at least IMO) and he probably can only blow it up only by chain reaction you know by blowing up the sun or making the it unstable.

Also in the DBO timeline, wich can be said it's canon since Toriyama made it and has stated that it's the sort of sequal to the manga, goku and vegeta made a supernova explosion, as a effect of theire battle meaning they didn't even intent to do it, and also said that they made it NOT that they destroy a star to make it, they probably made it with theire own power without any intent of doing it, heres the quote an link:

AGE 801

Son Goku vanishes.

--Knowing his end is near, Goku leaves Earth with Vegeta so that the two can finally settle their score. Several years later, [astronomers?] note the explosion of a supernova. Possibly this was an aftereffect of Son Goku and Vegeta’s battle.

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=19499

So IMO cell can do it, more star bust and causing a supernova than 1 shotting the whole system since pretty much the sun is most of the solar system, and i know that we still need to see the movie to make sure one of my arguments be 100% true, but i'm just right now thinkig with the info i got in hand.

Now i like to think i'm not a DBZ-tard i'm just a fan of the show and this is just my opinion.

Sorry for the long post thank you if you read it but again IMO cell can do it i'm just saiyan :P

#84 Posted by jhazzroucher (16509 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe he can

#85 Posted by KorusDestroyus (193 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah, Cell couldn't blow up a solar system. Listen up guys, I'm about to say something.... I'M GOING TO DESTROY THE UNIVERSE! You're going to believe me now, because I said it. I'm also saying... That I gathered enough Ki to do it.... Yep. Now you have to believe me, and fear me. I said it. Who needs proof? Proof are only for smart people that can disprove me :3. See what I did there? YA GOTTA GIVE EVIDENCE, OR ELSE IT'S NOT COMPLETELY VALID. YEY!!!! I mean Goku SSJ God never even shown enough energy to blow up a solar system lmao. Like please go away, cuz this is useless.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.