So just how strong are the Celestials?

#1 Posted by CortSether (1821 posts) - - Show Bio

How powerful are they in comparison to other cosmic entities?

Like in comparison to Eternity, Infinity, Oblivion, Death, Galactus... and dimensional Gods like Cyttorak, Chthon, Odin...

So where would the strongest and weakest of the Celestials fit?

#2 Edited by TruePwnge (2764 posts) - - Show Bio

A Celestial is much stronger than a weak Galactus
On average 2 -3 Celestails probably = a  fully fed Galactus  who compares to Infinity, Death, Eternity etc

They have vast knowledge, telekinesis, can warp space, warp reality, augmented themselves with technology so beyond human understanding it appears like magic,  they can break indestructible constructs like the Destroyer, they have cosmic awareness, can instantly regenerate blows from Odin,  they shape Galaxies, can can move planets at will or shrink entire worlds into pocket universes, they have atomic manipulation, can open up dimensions etc

There is a really really powerful Celestial, I don't think Galactus can take this guy...ever...no matter how much he feeds

#3 Posted by loveNwar (434 posts) - - Show Bio

That's probably the One Above All ( Not the entity that Living Tribunal speaks of, sometimes)...
He's one of the single most powerfull beings in the Universe. And the entire troop of Celestials is the greatest force known to exist. But The Beyonder defeated them ALL in an instant, with one single puny attack.... then again, He's NOT from this Universe.

#4 Edited by jack128875 (234 posts) - - Show Bio
@TruePwnge said:

"  A Celestial is much stronger than a weak Galactus
On average 2 -3 Celestails probably = a  fully fed Galactus  who compares to Infinity, Death, Eternity etc

They have vast knowledge, telekinesis, can warp space, warp reality, augmented themselves with technology so beyond human understanding it appears like magic,  they can break indestructible constructs like the Destroyer, they have cosmic awareness, can instantly regenerate blows from Odin,  they shape Galaxies, can can move planets at will or shrink entire worlds into pocket universes, they have atomic manipulation, can open up dimensions etc

There is a really really powerful Celestial, I don't think Galactus can take this guy...ever...no matter how much he feeds
"

That's the Dreaming Celestial, probably the second most powerful Celestial there is.  By the way, this guy would destroy Galactus in a battle, even a fully-powered Galactus wouldn't stand a chance

@loveNwar said:

" That's probably the One Above All ( Not the entity that Living Tribunal speaks of, sometimes)... He's one of the single most powerfull beings in the Universe. And the entire troop of Celestials is the greatest force known to exist. But The Beyonder defeated them ALL in an instant, with one single puny attack.... then again, He's NOT from this Universe. "

The Celestials allowed the Beyonder to defeat them because they wanted to see the Beyonder in action.
#5 Posted by jack128875 (234 posts) - - Show Bio
By The Way, The One Above All/GOD ( the one in blue flames) admitted that The Dreaming Celestial's Power was equal to his own.

#6 Posted by Erik (29811 posts) - - Show Bio
@jack128875:  
It is the Fulcrum. It never stated that it was TOAA, though that is a possibility. 
#7 Posted by Edamame (28002 posts) - - Show Bio

Strong enough to scare Apocalypse.

#8 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7184 posts) - - Show Bio

one alternate reality celestial judges the protege who was aparently as powerful as the LT it was stated that galactus feared the dreaming celestial even before he accended to a whole new level when he matched the fulcrum who all other celestials serve unquestionally. TOAA(the celestial and the rest of the 3rd host were all barley more powerful than the dreaming celestial pre-accension) also the exterminator is vastly more powerful than most of the other celestials
#9 Posted by why so serious (1388 posts) - - Show Bio
@Thor's hammmer said:
"one alternate reality celestial judges the protege who was aparently as powerful as the LT it was stated that galactus feared the dreaming celestial even before he accended to a whole new level when he matched the fulcrum who all other celestials serve unquestionally. TOAA(the celestial and the rest of the 3rd host were all barley more powerful than the dreaming celestial pre-accension) also the exterminator is vastly more powerful than most of the other celestials "

Protege was much more powerful than the Living Tribunal.  Protege was said to have become the new One-Above-All
#10 Posted by Hyperlight (4316 posts) - - Show Bio

As a race.. the most powerful in the MU. No celestial can take a fully fed Galactus, no there place to be as powerful as him.

#11 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4139 posts) - - Show Bio

We'll see how strong they are with the coming of the Galactus Engine!

The Galactus Engine (Cancerverse)
The lone Celestial in that picture is Arishem the Judge, second only to the One Above All. When all other Cosmic Beings have fled, he stood alone in judgement, hopefully he survives this encounter. Or perhaps he is calling for the Exterminator to come and stand against this threat, which would rule!

#12 Posted by daak1212 (7840 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nova`Prime` said:
"We'll see how strong they are with the coming of the Galactus Engine!

The Galactus Engine (Cancerverse)
The lone Celestial in that picture is Arishem the Judge, second only to the One Above All. When all other Cosmic Beings have fled, he stood alone in judgement, hopefully he survives this encounter. Or perhaps he is calling for the Exterminator to come and stand against this threat, which would rule!"

Not even close.  Ashriem had to use the second host (including himself) to take out Tiamut and even then they jumped him and that gave them an unfair advatage.  After the reawakening of Tiamut and the Fulcrum breaking his control over him he became the strongest Celestial. 

Tiamut is a multiverse breaker, while the weakest is equal to Franklin Richards. 

Tiamut beat the horde single handedly before the fulcrum release and the Horde was equal to all the Celestials and every single host.
#13 Posted by CapitolPunishment (2303 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nova`Prime`:
Thats actually Galactus in that picture, standing alone against the "Galactus engine" from the cancerverse, not Arishem.   At that point all of the other cosmic abstracts either fled or died in the battle.
#14 Edited by RoninTheFury (377 posts) - - Show Bio
@CortSether: The Celestials are without a doubt one of the most powerful race of cosmic beings in the Marvel Universe, there are very few beings whose power is equal to their own. They are not as powerful as Eternity, Infinity, or the Living Tribunal, and there a few whose power is either equal to Galactus or maybe even exceeds it, such as Arishem the Judge, Scathan the Approver, the supreme leader of the Celestials, One Above All, and lastly Exitar the Exterminator(pictured below) who is stated as having more power than the 4th Celestial host combined(which included Arishem)

When the Celestials journeyed to earth to judge whether humanity would be worthy of living or dying, all the Sky-Fathers of earth(Odin, Zues, Osiris, Vishnu to name a few) gathered to plot a way to stop them. it was decided that Odin, Zeus, and Vishnu would travel to earth to confront the Celestials and basically tell them to leave earth and never return. they confronted Arishem the Judge, and after the 2000 ft. tall giant completely ignored the 3 Gods, they attacked him, combining all their power into one devastating blast that could easily destroy an entire planet. the blast did not even move Arishem, let alone harm him. but to make a point to the little gods below him, he opened a portal to each of their respective realms(Asgard, Olympus, Nirvana) and began to destroy them, all the while telepathically showing the 3 gods what he was doing. they were then told by an Eternal speaking for Arishem, that if they did not promise to leave and never again interfere with the will of the Celestials, and to not interfere when they returned in 1000 years time to finally pass judgment on earth. Odin and Zeus, are 2 of the most powerful gods in existence, and their combined power was nothing compared to Arishem's. The 3 gods got down on bended knee, and agreed to the Celestials demands, even though it was a total lie. 

In the aftermath of this event, Odin created the Destroyer Armor, infusing it with the awesome Odinforce. he then took the armor to each and every God-Head of earth, and they instilled in it a small portion of their own vast power, making the Destroyer the greatest weapon of destruction ever to walk the realms of gods, and even vastly more indestructible than Adamantium. when the time came 1000 years later, Odin not only transferred his all-powerful life force into the Destroyer, but he also took the life force of every last Asgardian(except for Thor) into the Armor, making it grow to the same size of the Celestials, he then drew the Odinsword of Asgard and went to confront the Celestials.

The Destroyer possesses an energy blast called "The power of ultimate disintegration", and the more powerful the life force, the more powerful the blast. This was the most powerful the Destroyer has ever been, and this was the result when he unleashed his greatest weapon against the Celestials:

Things went south from there:

This last image shows Ziran the Tester being destroyed by Thanos, when he had gained the power of the Heart of the Universe, a power even greater than that of the Living Tribunal.

i posted that image because For the great Galactus himself, to show astonishment over a Celestial being destroyed, speaks volumes for not only the near limitless power their race possesses.
#15 Posted by RoninTheFury (377 posts) - - Show Bio
@CapitolPunishment: Actually, that image is from Thanos Imperative #2, when the Galactus engine first appeared and the Celestials were still in the fight, so i believe that is Arishem. but you are right though, the end result was Galactus being the last Cosmic force standing(which i thought was extremely confusing, considering how Arishem possesses power equal to Galactus.)
#16 Edited by blur99 (369 posts) - - Show Bio
@RoninTheFury said:

" @CapitolPunishment: Actually, that image is from Thanos Imperative #2, when the Galactus engine first appeared and the Celestials were still in the fight, so i believe that is Arishem. but you are right though, the end result was Galactus being the last Cosmic force standing(which i thought was extremely confusing, considering how Arishem possesses power equal to Galactus.) "

Arishem is not  equal to Galactus I. 
He is not the top Celestial even.  
this

#17 Posted by CapitolPunishment (2303 posts) - - Show Bio
@RoninTheFury said:
" @CapitolPunishment: Actually, that image is from Thanos Imperative #2, when the Galactus engine first appeared and the Celestials were still in the fight, so i believe that is Arishem. but you are right though, the end result was Galactus being the last Cosmic force standing(which i thought was extremely confusing, considering how Arishem possesses power equal to Galactus.) "

Well said. 

It is a debatible subject when it comes to comparing the power of Galactus with that of a Celestial. When they wrote one of the Galactus origins arc it was stated there by Eternity that the previous universe was overrun with Celistials, to combat this enternity created who we now know as Galactus. In that arc it was explained that the life force wich galactus feeds on in each planet is actually the seed of a Celestial.  

In other words Galactus in that arc was shown as population control for the Celestials, eating there unborn children. I would most certianly think that they would take issue with this and destroy him if they were able to.
#18 Posted by RoninTheFury (377 posts) - - Show Bio
@blur99: I have seen Galactus get hammered out of his own ship by a normal powered Thanos. the blast even shattered Galactus' helmet. By Thanos own admission, he knew what he had done was nothing more than enrage Galactus, but my point is, is that Arishem was blasted with the combined might of 3 gods, and it did not even move him.
I am not saying that Arishem is more powerful than Galactus. i just believe that he, and a few other Celestials possess power that is equal to his own.
#19 Edited by RoninTheFury (377 posts) - - Show Bio
@CapitolPunishment:
was this the storyline you were talking about? i am not sure, but didn't this particular story take place in an alternate reality? (and sorry for the image not being larger, but it basically describes how the Celestials messed up one universe, so Eternity created Galactus to prevent them from doing the same thing to the new universe. but i could swear that this was an alternate reality story)
#20 Posted by blur99 (369 posts) - - Show Bio
@RoninTheFury said:
" @blur99: I have seen Galactus get hammered out of his own ship by a normal powered Thanos. the blast even shattered Galactus' helmet. By Thanos own admission, he knew what he had done was nothing more than enrage Galactus, but my point is, is that Arishem was blasted with the combined might of 3 gods, and it did not even move him.
I am not saying that Arishem is more powerful than Galactus. i just believe that he, and a few other Celestials possess power that is equal to his own. "
I know that Thor storyline pretty well.  It marked the power of the Celestials.   Really awesome powers.
However Galactus (Galactus not only had breakfast Galactus) is supposed to be on par with Eternity.  Also Galactus is written as a doormat often.
#21 Posted by ripcurl (452 posts) - - Show Bio

While the meeting between The One Above All (the Marvel Universe' God, not the leader of the celestial race who shares the same name) and the Dreaming Celestial should be considered canon, I think some of you are taking that exchange a little too seriously. Doesn't it strike anyone that the character is wearing a sweater vest and has a remarkable resemblance to Jack Kirby? For God's sake, he is even referred to as Jack within the story. It seems to me that the Dreaming Celestial is just a metaphor for the writers that tell all these great stories. It's right there in the dialogue; TOAA states that the Dreaming Celestial has "become an individual" and that "you are no longer my DEVICE". Does this mean the other celestials aren't individuals? Of course not, it simply means that this character has grown beyond the limits of being a static character in the story, and has the power to shape the story himself, just as the "Dreamers" at Marvel do.  

As for Galactus' power, I'd say he is stronger than any single celestial, including Exitar the Exterminator. He's the balance of the Marvel Trinity (Eternity, Glactus, Death). In the Earth X Universe, the celestials fear Galactus as their greatest enemy. Recently, he was the last cosmic entity standing in the battle against the Galactus Engine when Thanos, with Mistress Death's help, destroyed the cancerverse (all the proemial gods and celestials who were present at the start of the battle had either been beaten or fled).
#22 Posted by blur99 (369 posts) - - Show Bio

I totally agree with you about the Dreaming Celestial.  

#23 Posted by RoninTheFury (377 posts) - - Show Bio
@ripcurl: You really think Galactus is more powerful than Exitar? and isn't the earth x storyline considered not to be canon?
#24 Posted by RoninTheFury (377 posts) - - Show Bio
@blur99 said:
" @RoninTheFury said:
" @blur99: I have seen Galactus get hammered out of his own ship by a normal powered Thanos. the blast even shattered Galactus' helmet. By Thanos own admission, he knew what he had done was nothing more than enrage Galactus, but my point is, is that Arishem was blasted with the combined might of 3 gods, and it did not even move him.
I am not saying that Arishem is more powerful than Galactus. i just believe that he, and a few other Celestials possess power that is equal to his own. "
I know that Thor storyline pretty well.  It marked the power of the Celestials.   Really awesome powers.However Galactus (Galactus not only had breakfast Galactus) is supposed to be on par with Eternity.  Also Galactus is written as a doormat often. "
Just out of curiosity. I agree with you 100% that Galactus has been recently been written as a doormat. why do you think that is? it is something i have never been able to wrap my head around.
#25 Posted by blur99 (369 posts) - - Show Bio
@RoninTheFury said:
" @blur99 said:
" @RoninTheFury said:
I know that Thor storyline pretty well.  It marked the power of the Celestials.   Really awesome powers.However Galactus (Galactus not only had breakfast Galactus) is supposed to be on par with Eternity.  Also Galactus is written as a doormat often. "
Just out of curiosity. I agree with you 100% that Galactus has been recently been written as a doormat. why do you think that is? it is something i have never been able to wrap my head around. "
They made Galactus hungry and have a sliding power level because if he is Galactus near Eternity's level then he wouldn't fit in the stories too well.  He would just raise his hand and the problem or enemies would just vanish.  
#26 Posted by Hyper_God (919 posts) - - Show Bio

In a recent X-treme X-Men title , it was revealed that the Celestials shaped creation and later split the original prime universe into a multiverse:

So , pretty powerful indeed .

#27 Posted by Justanotheromnipotentguy12 (5 posts) - - Show Bio

@hyper_god: but still not as strong as toaa or lt

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.