is the wiki writer making this up

#1 Posted by higher_evolutionary (2015 posts) - - Show Bio

i know the origin of the celestial is vague and variable but i never heard this before
 
 

''The Celestials began as a human-like race from the same universe as Galactus, their hunger for greater knowledge was so immense that they developed at a rather quick pace, so quick that they reached the apex of technology and understanding of the Universe faster than they expected. With the threat of stagnation on the horizon, The Celestials became desperate to find something else they could study and learn from.

Their own bodies proved to be their salvation, because they had focused all attention on learning about everything else, The Celestials knew very little about the inner workings of their own unique biology. Thus began a long series of experiments that resulting in their ascension into immortal beings made of pure anti-matter energy. Unfortunately, their actions had resulted in the loss of their ability to reproduce and ability to maintain cohesion on a physical plane of existence.

To fix the latter problem, they built massive armored suits which they could control remotely from hyperspace in order to interact with the physical world, however the threat of stagnation was still approaching and then, the rotted pillars holding their birth-reality together collapsed. Apparently, their experiments had destabilized the very fabric of time/space, causing it to implode.

However, their actions also lead to The Enigma Force transforming Galan of Taa into Galactus, a young woman into the physical embodiment of the new Death Abstract and the rise of The Phoenix. Not only that but it had saved them from stagnation, with all of the new realities created in the wake of the original universe's death, they could literally do anything they wanted and feed their hunger for knowledge in the process.''
 
i mean like WTF

#2 Posted by higher_evolutionary (2015 posts) - - Show Bio

no one?

#3 Posted by The Gray Fox (1814 posts) - - Show Bio

 @higher_evolutionary said:

i know the origin of the celestial is vague and variable but i never heard this before
 
 

''The Celestials began as a human-like race from the same universe as Galactus, their hunger for greater knowledge was so immense that they developed at a rather quick pace, so quick that they reached the apex of technology and understanding of the Universe faster than they expected. With the threat of stagnation on the horizon, The Celestials became desperate to find something else they could study and learn from.

Their own bodies proved to be their salvation, because they had focused all attention on learning about everything else, The Celestials knew very little about the inner workings of their own unique biology. Thus began a long series of experiments that resulting in their ascension into immortal beings made of pure anti-matter energy. Unfortunately, their actions had resulted in the loss of their ability to reproduce and ability to maintain cohesion on a physical plane of existence.

To fix the latter problem, they built massive armored suits which they could control remotely from hyperspace in order to interact with the physical world, however the threat of stagnation was still approaching and then, the rotted pillars holding their birth-reality together collapsed. Apparently, their experiments had destabilized the very fabric of time/space, causing it to implode.

However, their actions also lead to The Enigma Force transforming Galan of Taa into Galactus, a young woman into the physical embodiment of the new Death Abstract and the rise of The Phoenix. Not only that but it had saved them from stagnation, with all of the new realities created in the wake of the original universe's death, they could literally do anything they wanted and feed their hunger for knowledge in the process.''
 
i mean like WTF


No, I did not make that up. Marvel decided to restructure the origins of The First Universe and the entities who came from there back in the 90's and this was the end result.
#4 Posted by higher_evolutionary (2015 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Gray Fox: did not mean any disrespect but i thought since there are many theories you might have made  a good one
but please tell me what issue is this
#5 Posted by AssertingValor (5382 posts) - - Show Bio

never read this before..... not sure...........
#6 Posted by The Gray Fox (1814 posts) - - Show Bio
@higher_evolutionary said:
@The Gray Fox: did not mean any disrespect but i thought since there are many theories you might have made  a good one but please tell me what issue is this
 
I guess I should have mentioned that the information was distributed in pieces throughout the 90's. Most of it can be found in the pages of Universe X. Now before you go all "but Universe X isn't canon" all printed information (meaning information that was printed in an actual comic book) pertaining to The First Universe is always considered canon as there is only one iteration of it unlike the Marvel Universe where we have an infinite number of timelines diverging from it every second of every day. There is also a bit more about the subject in Paradise X but if you want to get The Phoenix's side of the story you are going to have to sift through a LOT of old, crappy 90's X-Men comics. Ugh, gag me with a spoon.
#7 Posted by higher_evolutionary (2015 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Gray Fox: thanx man
#8 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7184 posts) - - Show Bio

i'm more interested in the Earth-4280 part that states the Celestials of Earth-4280 have the ability to combine into a single entity and are running rampant across the Multiverse. does anyone have a scan of that?
#9 Posted by seekquaze (607 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Gray Fox said:

@higher_evolutionary said:
@The Gray Fox: did not mean any disrespect but i thought since there are many theories you might have made a good one but please tell me what issue is this

I guess I should have mentioned that the information was distributed in pieces throughout the 90's. Most of it can be found in the pages of Universe X. Now before you go all "but Universe X isn't canon" all printed information (meaning information that was printed in an actual comic book) pertaining to The First Universe is always considered canon as there is only one iteration of it unlike the Marvel Universe where we have an infinite number of timelines diverging from it every second of every day. There is also a bit more about the subject in Paradise X but if you want to get The Phoenix's side of the story you are going to have to sift through a LOT of old, crappy 90's X-Men comics. Ugh, gag me with a spoon.

Could you please tell me where it was established to be caonon? From what I understand many of the interpretations of events and characters in the X minis are radically different from the mainstream versions even though they were originally based on existing history.

#10 Posted by The Gray Fox (1814 posts) - - Show Bio
@seekquaze said:

Could you please tell me where it was established to be caonon? From what I understand many of the interpretations of events and characters in the X minis are radically different from the mainstream versions even though they were originally based on existing history.
 
Do you mean Galactus' universe or the Earth X Universe?
#11 Posted by daak1212 (7901 posts) - - Show Bio

This cant be, they were created from Eternity as M-bodies or servants to the continuation of the Universe, but then I heard they came from Hyperspace and sometimes they are made from dead Galaxies (reason why High Evolutionary went insane) and that they are birthed (gives way to the Dead Galaxy theory being as in Shield the mother Celestial needed an energy source). I also read that they came from The Fulcrum and that's why they worship him.

So in conclusion, they dont have an origin because Marvel is idiotic.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.