Will Anne Hathaway Wear a Catwoman Mask? Stunt Double Answers

Posted by G-Man (36552 posts) - - Show Bio

There is simply way too many spoilers and spy footage for The Dark Knight Rises coming out. I'm not a fan of spoilers but in doing my job, I unfortunately come across them regardless if I want to see them or not. That is why I'm not putting this on the news page.

When Warner Bros. revealed the image of Anne Hathaway, many questioned her costume. I said that the goggles probably have something to do with controlling Batman's bike. Either that or it's some sort of night-vision goggles, which doesn't really make sense since she's out in the daylight (unless that will be fixed with a lens filter).

As for the question of whether or not Selina Kyle will wear standard goggles, a mask or nothing at all, this image from ComicBookMovie.com shows an image of a stunt double and pretty much answers the question.

#1 Posted by Dernman (15225 posts) - - Show Bio

That's her stunt double? She's pretty could be an actress herself if she could act. Then again a lot of the actresses out today can't act and rely on their looks for work.

#2 Posted by TheSheepHerder (11961 posts) - - Show Bio

Her stunt double is quite a looker. I hope Anne can give us a pretty good Catwoman.

#3 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (27119 posts) - - Show Bio

@G-Man: nice! thanks for that! I think a lot of us were super nervous about it!!!

#4 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29509 posts) - - Show Bio

I doubt that's the real mask. I could buy something like that at Party City if I wanted.   

It could be a stand-in for the real thing..... or she could could just have the night vision goggles thing. 

#5 Posted by Sky_Jokiel (304 posts) - - Show Bio

Or the more logical answer being, she was just headed to a masquerade later and didn't want to lose her mask lol

#6 Posted by Calico5 (16 posts) - - Show Bio

It could be a mask for a start up costume like Spider-man's the wrestler outfit.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.