Who Would Go See a Catwoman Spinoff with Anne Hathaway Leading?

• 55 results
#1 Posted by DEGRAAF (7882 posts) - - Show Bio

and what do you think the movie should be about? My first thought would be a Gotham City Sirens based movie bringing in Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn. After thinking about it thought Poison Ivy wouldnt work that great in the Nolan Batman Universe. Not saying Nolan would be directing it but Anne did say she would like a spinoff if it was based in that universe so lets just try to stick to it. I think they could make Harley work but my other story line thought would be something along the lines of Hush.

What do you all think?

#2 Posted by Aiden Cross (15569 posts) - - Show Bio

I would.

#3 Posted by _slim_ (13075 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably not.

#4 Posted by Trixie (127 posts) - - Show Bio

Not me.

#5 Posted by DEGRAAF (7882 posts) - - Show Bio

@Trixie: @_slim_: not even with the right story? Is it bc you think it would be as poor as the Hallie Berry version (every aspect of the movie was bad) or bc you did/dont like Anne as catwoman?

I have yet to see TDKR. Im hoping to see it tomorrow

#6 Edited by _slim_ (13075 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEGRAAF: I liked Anne in TDKR, I just don't think I would want to see a whole movie based around her, even with the right story. Catwoman is a character I never cared that much for. And I can't lie in the back of mind Halle's version is still haunting me.

#7 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

This might be interesting spin-off. Hollywood can't turn this down, it will make a lot of money.Perhaps harley Quinn can be the villain of the movie.a very interesting movie indeed.

#8 Posted by AweSam (7375 posts) - - Show Bio

Anne's a great Catwoman and all, but she can't hold a solo movie on her own. It would be like giving Halle Berry a Catwoman movie.

#9 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

If theres a Gotham City Sirens with Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy, I'll be down for it. Ofcourse we need Batgirl.

#10 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare said:

If theres a Gotham City Sirens with Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy, I'll be down for it. Ofcourse we need Batgirl.

posion ivy wouldn't fit into the film. If nolan didn't want robin in the films, it is likely batgirl won't be in it either.

#11 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@moywar700 said:

@sethysquare said:

posion ivy wouldn't fit into the film. If nolan didn't want robin in the films, it is likely batgirl won't be in it either.

I think Poison Ivy could possibly fit into the film. She don't have to be a meta human, but just an ordinary person that uses some plant mojo or whatever.

Batgirl could be possible, I mean

#12 Posted by Raiiyn (3524 posts) - - Show Bio

I would definitely love to see one... Make up for the disaster with Halle Barry...

@sethysquare said:

I love this idea.

#13 Posted by Mercy_ (92709 posts) - - Show Bio
@Aiden Cross
I would.
#14 Posted by The_Tree (7493 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd rent it.

#15 Posted by DEGRAAF (7882 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare said:

@moywar700 said:

@sethysquare said:

I think Poison Ivy could possibly fit into the film. She don't have to be a meta human, but just an ordinary person that uses some plant mojo or whatever.

Not really. I heard the character was almost an amglam of Dick and Tim but he never suited up and while i havent seen the movie so i dont know the details i only know that at the end he finds the batcave but as far as i know he never portrayed a superhero type role just a good cop

#16 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@AweSam said:

Anne's a great Catwoman and all, but she can't hold a solo movie on her own. It would be like giving Halle Berry a Catwoman movie.

You just compared apples and sh*t...complete sh*t

#17 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEGRAAF said:

@sethysquare said:

@moywar700 said:

@sethysquare said:

Not really. I heard the character was almost an amglam of Dick and Tim but he never suited up and while i havent seen the movie so i dont know the details i only know that at the end he finds the batcave but as far as i know he never portrayed a superhero type role just a good cop

yeah but doesn't mean batgirl wont exist. just saying

#18 Posted by Trixie (127 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEGRAAF:

Because I didn't like Anne.

#19 Posted by HexThis (900 posts) - - Show Bio

I would! But I'd rather it be a prequel, an origin story or something. We need a good Catwoman movie for god's sake and I know that if it were done correctly people would be as wrong for doubting it as they were for doubting Anne Hathaway. Who doesn't like a nice heist movie? I think it would be thrilling.

#20 Posted by teamextrodinary15 (2232 posts) - - Show Bio

Ja

#21 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

I would watch it, I think she could pull it off if done incredibly well.

#22 Posted by Zomboid (740 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd love to see it. I love Catwoman, and I think Anne was the best actress for the character yet. It would need a really solid story though. As for Harley, I can't really see her debuting on film and existing without the Joker, and we all know that can't happen. As for Ivy, I don't see why it wouldn't be possible. She just couldn't be too over-the-top. If they pulled Scarecrow off, I think Ivy could be pulled off too.

#23 Posted by Duke_Nasty (1017 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe its the Halle Berry Catwoman movie but I don't see a Catwoman movie working even though Anne Hathaway was great.

#24 Posted by chipsnopotatoes (328 posts) - - Show Bio

This should only happen if Jonah Nolan were writing and Anne was acting, but Bale needs to be somewhere in there too even as a cameo.

#25 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

I doubt it.

#26 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope

#27 Posted by entropy_aegis (15329 posts) - - Show Bio

I would as long as they the right story.

#28 Posted by Andy Steven Summers (5234 posts) - - Show Bio

@Aiden Cross said:

I would.
#29 Posted by SupBatz (1737 posts) - - Show Bio

If such a film were ever made I would see it. But I don't think it's a good idea. Nolan's universe was nice. But I'm glad it's over. Next Batman appearance on big screen should be a reboot in a less realistic universe that treats him more like a superhero. Not that Nolan's films weren't great.

#30 Posted by TheThe (1738 posts) - - Show Bio

@AweSam said:

Halle Berry was a good actress, the problem was the plot, the cgi and the director. She couldnt carry all of the movie on her shoulders, even if she's a very decent actress.

#31 Posted by Jakesully1981 (281 posts) - - Show Bio

It would destroy that 2004 abomination

#32 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

lolnope.

#33 Posted by timelord786 (188 posts) - - Show Bio

After watching the Halle Berry movie i was fearing the catwomen in the dark knight rises but Anne changed my mind and i would go watch her kick butt, with Hush playing the villain.

#34 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

I would. I would absolutely love to see a gotham sirens movie.

#35 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they just do catwoman joker movie. Two stories into 1 film each being 1 hour and 5 minutes long.

#36 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

I would watch it.

#37 Posted by Jakesully1981 (281 posts) - - Show Bio

I would love to see her take on Red-Claw and Harley, that would be awesome to see her fight those 2 on film.

#38 Posted by HexThis (900 posts) - - Show Bio

@SupBatz said:

If such a film were ever made I would see it. But I don't think it's a good idea. Nolan's universe was nice. But I'm glad it's over. Next Batman appearance on big screen should be a reboot in a less realistic universe that treats him more like a superhero. Not that Nolan's films weren't great.

Hold yer horses, the last movie's only been out a couple weeks. I don't think they should get reboot-happy just yet, similarly to how they tried to re-invent Spiderman so soon, I just can't see people accepting a more superhero-y Batman movie right now. Anyways, Batman practically invented the more gritty, realistic superhero franchise anyways - DC has capitalized on that too. Superman is more majestic and bright where Batman is dark and abstract. Speaking of which, Superman is coming out soon and Nolan's a producer on it so if that becomes a trilogy then it won't work anyways.

Speaking of that Superman movie, I keep checking up on Amy Adams hoping she'll dye her hair black for the role and I haven't seen it happen. It drives me nuts, it's such a small thing and I love her as an actress but Lois Lane has dark hair gddaaaammnnniiittt.

#39 Posted by FearTheLiving (3156 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd probably see it, but not something I really care to see more of. I want the whole Nolan series to die so DC can get to work on their JL film and hopefully Flash movie. Longer this Universe chances are the longer they'll push that stuff back.

#40 Posted by SupBatz (1737 posts) - - Show Bio

@HexThis said:

@SupBatz said:

Hold yer horses, the last movie's only been out a couple weeks. I don't think they should get reboot-happy just yet, similarly to how they tried to re-invent Spiderman so soon, I just can't see people accepting a more superhero-y Batman movie right now. Anyways, Batman practically invented the more gritty, realistic superhero franchise anyways - DC has capitalized on that too. Superman is more majestic and bright where Batman is dark and abstract. Speaking of which, Superman is coming out soon and Nolan's a producer on it so if that becomes a trilogy then it won't work anyways.

Speaking of that Superman movie, I keep checking up on Amy Adams hoping she'll dye her hair black for the role and I haven't seen it happen. It drives me nuts, it's such a small thing and I love her as an actress but Lois Lane has dark hair gddaaaammnnniiittt.

When I suggested a reboot I meant futher in the future. I definitely agree that it is way too soon for a full reboot. And while the dark and gritty is fine and dandy, the realism thing that DC seems to be going for all all of their media (The Dark Knight trilogy, The Man of Steel, and the upcoming Arrow tv series) is getting on my nerves. I like dark and gritty and realistic. But I feel like DC is limiting itself by grounding itself too deeply in reality. These are comic book characters. Everything about them and their universe is supposed to be fantastic. I would like to give some time to branch away from Nolan's trilogy and then have a reboot which returns Batman to a less realistic, more comic-book world while still maintaining the abstractness and darkness that is so characteristic of Batman.

Also, I really hope Amy Adams dyes her hair as well. Something small like Lois not having black hair will really drive me nuts.

#41 Posted by TheThe (1738 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll download it.

#42 Edited by Thirteen13 (415 posts) - - Show Bio

No thanks, apparently I am in the minority that wasn't impressed by her in TDKR.

#43 Posted by LoganRogue24 (1187 posts) - - Show Bio

i like the selina harley idea.

#44 Posted by saiyan_earthling (5445 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes

#45 Posted by nerd217 (80 posts) - - Show Bio

Well aside from the fact that a spinoff movie would ruin TDKR, I don't think she could hold her own movie but I'd like to be proven wrong and she's hot so yes I would go and see it.

#46 Posted by MisterKetch (253 posts) - - Show Bio

Anne was better as Selina then I was expecting and I would have liked to see her character developed better in DKR so I'd see a spinoff. I would y like to see Harley come into her own as a villain but I think Black Mask would be the best choice especially within a Nolan movie.

#47 Posted by You_Got_Thored (82 posts) - - Show Bio

bring back hb as catwoman.

#48 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

It would really depend on who is involved with it. If Nolan or someone of similar caliber were behind the project I would likely see it, but if it's a no-name at the helm probably not. Anne Hathaway did a fine job in the limited amount of time she was on screen, but I'm not ready to go see a Catwoman movie just based on performance alone.

#49 Posted by ticklefist (32 posts) - - Show Bio

@Brazen_Intellect: Nolan was a relative no-name with one notable movie under his belt when he made Batman Begins.

#50 Posted by Skewer (325 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm on board! The character deserves more especially considering how she's currently being treated in the comics(yeesh!).

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.