Follow

Catwoman

Character » Catwoman appears in 3416 issues.

Catwoman is a fictional character originating from DC Comics. Under the costumed alias of Catwoman, Selina Kyle, is a cat burglar with an on-again, off-again, romantic relationship with Batman. She is shown as a woman who is very strong-willed, independent and morally dubious.

What is the best Catwoman story/portrayal ever?

Hawkeye446

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

#1  Edited By Hawkeye446

I like Catwoman but don't know where to start, and what is good. What can you guys recommend to read?

mpgeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By mpgeist

Ed Brubaker's issues were great in her most recent run.  I really liked When in Rome too, by Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Long Halloween
    Dark Victory
    Hush
    Heart of Hush

Avatar image for chipsnopotatoes
    chipsnopotatoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By chipsnopotatoes

To round out the suggestions, why not try Catfiles from her 90's series. It's by Chuck Dixon/Jim Balent. Selina's coerced by the govt to do some international espionage. It's fast paced and wacky fun! Awesome moment: she gets to eat a python!

I also liked Wild Ride from Brubaker. Thelma and Louise style adventure outside of Gotham with an ending guaranteed to make you love her even more. Very upbeat unlike most of his other Catwoman books.

Also, you might want to get in on Batman Inc. if you're not picking it up yet. She's there till Issue#3 and was written surprisingly well in #1.

Hawkeye446

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

#5  Edited By Hawkeye446
    @chipsnopotatoes:  
    Once again your great advice is praised!! I will start looking for those as we speak... Or I speak... type... 

@FadeToBlackBolt:  
    Long Halloween was great, just bought Dark Victory. Hush is on the Christmas List.

@mpgeist:
    Cool, I am about to read When in Rome :D

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.