Recommend Catwoman Stories

#1 Posted by saoakden (1037 posts) - - Show Bio

I started to like Catwoman after seeing her in the Dark Knight Rises, the Arkham games and in Injustice and I was wondering what are some good Catwoman stories. She has her own ongoing book and I'm not 100% sure if I should pick it up. I read one issue and the issue was the Night of the Owls tie-in and it was ok. I read online some people like it, others don't like it, so I'm wondering what would be a good Catwoman story to read. I know there has to be some Catwoman stories worth reading. & If anyone can give me any recommendations, I would really appreciate it.

#2 Posted by LyraFay (2519 posts) - - Show Bio

Catwoman: when in Rome by Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale is fantastic but you have to read Batman: The Long Halloween and Batman: Dark Victory if you want the backstory to it. And there is also Catwoman: The trail of Catwoman by Ed Brubaker and Darwyn Cooke is also very cool (get it as a volume 1 thou.) But she's really good in Batman stories too (Batman: Prey/Terror) and in the Gotham City Sirens. There are also some early 1990s stories as well but I haven't touched those yest.

#3 Posted by Mercy_ (92676 posts) - - Show Bio

The entirety of Brubaker's run.

#4 Posted by akbogert (3215 posts) - - Show Bio

Buy Brubaker's run immediately. Just finished volume one (Trail of the Catwoman) a couple hours ago and am about to order the soon-to-release second trade. It is absolutely worthwhile.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.