Rachel Weisz = Catwoman In Batman 3?

• 108 results
Posted by G-Man (34325 posts) - - Show Bio
Waiting for her Catwoman costume?
We heard the rumors before that Angelina Jolie was being considered to play Catwoman.  The latest reports claim that it may be Rachel Weisz instead.

It does seem firm that Christopher Nolan will be directing the third movie and Christian Bale will be the Dark Knight once again.

Maybe that'd work.  I don't think she could carry the role of lead villain in the movie.  So who else could they and would they get?  Will the Joker return?  Would they dare to try to replace Heath Ledger?  The Joker is a great character and it'd be a shame to keep him locked away in Arkham Asylum.  Then again, there are lots of other Batman villains that might want some time in the spotlight.

What are your thoughts?  Does Rachel Weisz have what it takes to play Selina?
Staff
#1 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Rachel Weisz in skintight leather?

Meow!!!

with a resounding purr afterwards....

oh hell yeah...

M
#2 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

Ummmm....I dunno. Not my favorite.

#3 Posted by danhimself (22553 posts) - - Show Bio

hmmmm...maybe...she might work...she is pretty hot
i really doubt they'll get someone else to play joker

#4 Posted by Vance Astro (91235 posts) - - Show Bio

After Michelle Pfiffer & Halle Berry...what could go wrong?

#5 Posted by danhimself (22553 posts) - - Show Bio

michelle pfieffer was good as catwoman

#6 Posted by Vance Astro (91235 posts) - - Show Bio
danhimself said:
"

michelle pfieffer was good as catwoman

"
She was a hot Catwoman..I don't know about Good.
#7 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

i liked Michelle... she had the slinky walk and the attitude down cold...

the outfit was hot and she purred like a goddess...

she was no Julie Newmar of course, but she's the second best to date

M

#8 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio
G-Man said:
"
Waiting for her Catwoman costume?

One moment let me imagine that...........Be right back

LMAO Yes her as Selina would be AWESOME, shes gotten alot less homey and Selina is the total opposite of homey so I would love to see Weiz as Catwoman. I mean seing Jolie in skin tight leather would be b@ner(Scuse the language) inducing but id rather have a story behind it rather than "Look at my lips an boobs" that would come with Jolie. Weiz would be a perfect choice...until i think of someone else for the role
#9 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio
Methos said:
"i liked Michelle... she had the slinky walk and the attitude down cold...

M"
I totally agree. I think you have to think in terms of her (Michelle's) Catwoman primarily to meet according to Tim Burton's standards and vision of Catwoman. At least that was my impression. 
#10 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally enjoyed Michelles portrayal, not what every fan would have wanted. But she had her attutude pinned down, seductive and well down right evil an crazy. And at that time during the Catwoman comics wasnt she pretty much a flake.

Now Selina is more well lets say it sane, But like all Batman Rogues/Acquaintances shes not sane in a let her go out into public setting. Shes sane to the point you would find an attraction to her beyond the leather suit. 

#11 Posted by Vance Astro (91235 posts) - - Show Bio
Methos said:
"i liked Michelle... she had the slinky walk and the attitude down cold...

M"
I though Michelle's Catwoman was equal to Uma's Poison Ivy.They didn't seem like the characters.They seemed like themselves in costumes.
#12 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

Rachel Weiz is actually a talented actress, who happens to be hot.  Her head is perfect for a Catwoman mask too.  I think she'd be great. 

#13 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

No way. Uma's poison Ivy was lame.

#14 Posted by Final Arrow (24388 posts) - - Show Bio

She has the skill to pull it off, will be intresting.

#15 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio
BatgirlBabs said:
"No way. Uma's poison Ivy was lame."
I enjoyed it

Final Arrow said:
"She has the skill to pull it off, will be intresting."
YEs she does
#16 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

Really? Did you like Mr. Freeze too? I dunno. I thought Joel Shoemaker's Batman films were SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BAD. 

#17 Posted by Vance Astro (91235 posts) - - Show Bio
BatgirlBabs said:
"Really? Did you like Mr. Freeze too? I dunno. I thought Joel Shoemaker's Batman films were SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BAD. "
LMFAO.
#18 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

Freeze as the governator hell no that was just plain ass stupid. The movie itself was worth the money to watch it, i liked some if it enough for me to sit through the whole thing

#19 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio
Darkchild said:
"BatgirlBabs said:
"No way. Uma's poison Ivy was lame."
I enjoyed it

Final Arrow said:
"She has the skill to pull it off, will be intresting."
YEs she does"
There were scenes in "Batman and Robin" where Uma showed that she really COULD have what it takes to play Poison Ivy.  But the character was so animated and over the top, that it was impossible to really see her as a serious threat. 
#20 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio
Darkchild said:
"Freeze as the governator hell no that was just plain ass stupid. The movie itself was worth the money to watch it, i liked some if it enough for me to sit through the whole thing"
I pay for my internet so, thats kinda like paying for the movie....right?
#21 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

hahaha yea

#22 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio
Darkchild said:
"Freeze as the governator hell no that was just plain ass stupid. The movie itself was worth the money to watch it, i liked some if it enough for me to sit through the whole thing"

Back then I liked it not realizing how bad and stupid it was. Now I can't even bare to watch the Batman movies that came after Batman Returns anymore.
#23 Posted by Shatterstar (4547 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know who she is but ok. Yes please.

#24 Posted by G-Man (34325 posts) - - Show Bio
Shatterstar said:
"I don't know who she is but ok. Yes please."
She was in the Mummy...
Staff
#25 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio
G-Man said:
"Shatterstar said:
She was in the Mummy..."
Oh that woman. I thought she looked familiar.
#26 Posted by Shatterstar (4547 posts) - - Show Bio
G-Man said:
"Shatterstar said:
She was in the Mummy..."
I had to IMDB her. I don't remember the Mummy but I remember her in the Fountain and vaguely in Constantine. Pretty lady, can act, good enough for me.
#27 Posted by NiteFly (1459 posts) - - Show Bio
She was a main character in Mummy:
http://www.imnotobsessed.com/image/mumm3.jpg

I agree with Shatterstar.  She's got the looks.  She's demonstrated the acting chops.  I see possibility.  Are they going with a second villain on this one?  First had Ras al Ghoul and Scarecrow, second was Joker and Two-Face.  Third is catwoman and ???
#28 Posted by King Saturn (224205 posts) - - Show Bio
Rachel Weisz as Catwoman ? Hmm... rather interesting
#29 Posted by Red L.A.M.P. (2828 posts) - - Show Bio

They don't need and shouldn't get a star to play catwoman. 

Staff
#30 Posted by King Saturn (224205 posts) - - Show Bio
Red L.A.M.P. said:
"They don't need and shouldn't get a star to play catwoman. "
Agreed... I thought they were using The Riddler in the third installment of Batman anyways
#31 Posted by DaughterNature92 (15 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, Angelina Jolie has no place in any of the Batman movies.  And as much as I think it would be fantastic for the Joker to return, the dead cannot come back to life and I do not want to butcher his prime performance with anyone else trying to fill his shoes.  I believe the time has come to release other evils from the cells of Arkham.

#32 Posted by Ms. Invisible (3292 posts) - - Show Bio
Shatterstar said:
She seems pretty under rated as an actress, but she is pretty good on the big screen. I'd like to see her take this one on. Plus she reminds me of Pfeiffer anyway.
#33 Posted by NiteFly (1459 posts) - - Show Bio
Red L.A.M.P. said:
"They don't need and shouldn't get a star to play catwoman. "
Why?  All of the other villains (hell, all the main characters period) have been stars before.  I'm not opposed to the idea of seeing someone new in super-hero movies (In some cases I think it can be a good thing), but I really see a need for it with all the other big names they have used.
#34 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

i don't really care about having a big name attached to the movie, the only thing i care about is 'can they act the part?"

if they can, then fantastic... if they can't then they shouldn't get the role...

i'd much rather have Rachel Weisz in the role than Angelina Jolie... Rachel is twice the actress Angelina is, and i think she'd do a really good job in the role

M

#35 Posted by G-Man (34325 posts) - - Show Bio

Sometimes big time actors come with big time egos. They can also be distracting if they've done other major notable roles.  Doesn't mean they should be excluded.  I wouldn't want a big star just because they're a big star.  Sometimes the unknowns can be better.  Christian Bale wasn't exactly an unknown but he wasn't exactly a household name.  If you were to suggest someone else as Batman right now, people would flip out.

Staff
#36 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
on
caption
I'm really happy with Weisz...

i think she'd do an amazing job

M
#37 Posted by Kurrent (14070 posts) - - Show Bio

I kinda see her more like Zatanna appearance wise but Rachel is a good actress I think she would do a good job

#38 Posted by Impling (35 posts) - - Show Bio

I think she would be awesome in this role!

#39 Posted by inferiorego (24714 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate all this rumor-milling attached with the supposed third batman film. 0% has been true, and this stuff spreads like wildfire (which people all believe to be fact) on the interwebs.

Could she be Catwoman? Sure, if she can act. But, I'd rather have the prostitute Catwoman.

Staff
#40 Posted by Baal Zak (355 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm drooling    :-P......

#41 Posted by Push (1552 posts) - - Show Bio
Methos said:
"Rachel Weisz in skintight leather?

Meow!!!

with a resounding purr afterwards....

oh hell yeah...

M"

Yeah, i'll go with that :-) She's hell hot. Bring it on, Cat Weisz!
#42 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
caption
yeah... they want to take this amazingly sexy actress... put her in skintight leather... and put her on the big screen....

and people are complaining...

right... i have just one question... wtf are you complaining people smoking lol

M
#43 Posted by Fresh Prince (5148 posts) - - Show Bio

It's skintight leather time :D

#44 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Has it even been confirmed that a third movie will be done? Warner has only announced that they are waiting for Nolan to decide if he wants to make a trilogy.

I know we all want to see Batman 3 but why not focus in the movies that we actually know that are comming? (Watchmen, The spirit, Jonah Hex, Green Lantern, Super max, Thor, Captain America, Avengers, etc)

#45 Posted by mrenb (156 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't necessarily complain about her in the role as Catwoman.  Admittedly, she IS eye candy and her roles have been more "popcorn"  movie stuff.  Nothing wrong in that regard, but given the serious and dark tone of the recent Batman movies, one has to wonder if she is the right fit....pun intended...for a Catwoman costume.   Regarding a 3rd Batman film, I would guess they wouldn't stray into the Joker area, unless he has some effect on another potential villain, maybe how he helped "create" Two-Face.  Maybe Joker will influence a character in Arkham---The Riddler, maybe?  Although one would NOT want any past depiction from the former Batman movies or TV show as a guide, naturally.  This is all still rumor and speculation, but wouldn't Nolan want to include more than just Catwoman as a villain?  Makes you wonder what characters from the Rogues Gallery they would possibly use. 

#46 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
Why not focus in the movies that we actually know that are comming? (Watchmen, The spirit, Jonah Hex, Green Lantern, Super max, Thor, Captain America, Avengers, etc)"

because aside from Watchmen, i'd rather talk about a movie i actually have some interest in seeing...

M
#47 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio
Methos said:
"Nighthunter said:
Why not focus in the movies that we actually know that are comming? (Watchmen, The spirit, Jonah Hex, Green Lantern, Super max, Thor, Captain America, Avengers, etc)"

because aside from Watchmen, i'd rather talk about a movie i actually have some interest in seeing...

M"

Gambler said that the new movie of the new movie The Day the Earth Stood Still wasn't that good.
#48 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
Lantern Prime said:
Gambler said that the new movie of the new movie The Day the Earth Stood Still wasn't that good."

it wasnt...

M
#49 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio

You saw it? What happend? Was the action any good?

#50 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

not perticularly...

it was just another remake with Mr Wood, aka Keanu, wandering about...

it wasn't anything i hadn't seen before so i didn't really go into it with great expectations lol

M

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.