Michelle Pfeifer's Catwoman

#1 Posted by Jakesully1981 (281 posts) - - Show Bio

Strangest Catwoman there is but also one of the hottest! i always adored Pfeifer since i was 4 seeing Ladyhawke in theaters but her version of Catwoman stunned me when i was 11 when i saw the movie 6 times in theaters.

I mean she knew how to be the seductive lady.

#2 Posted by Inverno (13061 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked Michelle Pfeifer too but I didn't like how she is established as psychotic and having somewhat supernatural powers. I prefer Anne Hathaway by a long shot.

#3 Posted by Vance Astro (91123 posts) - - Show Bio

Michelle>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Hathaway.

#4 Posted by The Stegman (23203 posts) - - Show Bio

Hathaway was a better and better looking Catwoman.

#5 Posted by entropy_aegis (14478 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

Hathaway was a better and better looking Catwoman.

Agreed.

#6 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

She was good for that era.

#7 Posted by Saren (25326 posts) - - Show Bio

Pfeiffer's Catwoman was corny as hell. I've never understood why so many people rave about her performance in that movie.

#8 Posted by Vance Astro (91123 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Stegman said:
better looking Catwoman.
ewww..
#9 Posted by Billy Batson (57799 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

Pfeiffer's Catwoman was corny as hell. I've never understood why so many people rave about her performance in that movie.

Because her successor didn't give any contest :p
BB

#10 Posted by entropy_aegis (14478 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

She was crazy,when an actor does stupid and embarrassing stuff on the screen people hail it as a fantastic performance.Those people need to learn from Ledger,he went crazy without looking stupid unlike cough Nicholson.

#11 Posted by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

#12 Posted by ValendianKnight (297 posts) - - Show Bio

Anne is much better.

#13 Posted by battyfan1 (203 posts) - - Show Bio

i adore michelle....that woman doesn't seem to age man...

BUT hathaway is definitely the best catwoman for moi....

#14 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio

Best Catwoman for me. At least between her and Berry. Haven't seen TDKR yet so I can't comment on Hathaway's performance.

#15 Posted by TDK_1997 (14474 posts) - - Show Bio

Pfeifer's Catwoman was never that good for me.

#16 Posted by Vance Astro (91123 posts) - - Show Bio
@Billy Batson said:

@CitizenBane said:

Because her successor didn't give any contest :p
BB

This.
#17 Posted by daredevil21134 (10945 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

Couldn't agree more

#18 Posted by Billy Batson (57799 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro:

Notice that it's not plural ;)
BB

#19 Posted by Vance Astro (91123 posts) - - Show Bio
@Billy Batson said:

@Vance Astro:

BB

I noticed. You don't count Halle, correct?
#20 Posted by Billy Batson (57799 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@Billy Batson said:

@Vance Astro:

BB

I noticed. You don't count Halle, correct?

Who else? Anne wasn't called Catwoman in the film :p
BB

#21 Posted by Jakesully1981 (281 posts) - - Show Bio

Halle's was Catwoman in name only and she's not Selina Kyle.

But who else thought it was neat Michelle's influenced TAS's version of Selina?

#22 Posted by Dernman (14783 posts) - - Show Bio
@CitizenBane said:

#23 Posted by The Stegman (23203 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro:  

@The Stegman  said: 

better looking Catwoman.
ewww.. 

I don't wanna turn this into a "Who's hotter?" thread, but I've never found Pfeiffer attractive, at all, ever.
#24 Posted by TheGodofThunder (590 posts) - - Show Bio

at least pfeiffer doesn't look like the child of sarah jessica parker and nic cage.

#25 Posted by Vance Astro (91123 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Stegman said:
I don't wanna turn this into a "Who's hotter?" thread, but I've never found Pfeiffer attractive, at all, ever.
I feel the same about Anne Hathaway.
#26 Posted by ragdollpurps (15572 posts) - - Show Bio

Both are hot and I enjoy them both. Anne did a better, more accurate to the comics portrayal, and Michelle's was good also, but for different reasons. Pfeiffer's Catwoman was perfect for that particular depiction of Batman, with the dark kooky stylings of Burton. Her performance also holds a lot of nostalgic value considering most of us grew up with the 90's Batman films. She was Catwoman, but she was Burton's interpretation of Catwoman, not necessarily the Selina we've all come to love. (Well, most of us)

#27 Posted by timelord786 (164 posts) - - Show Bio

I found that Anne was much hotter and made a better Catwomen then Michelle.

#28 Posted by chipsnopotatoes (328 posts) - - Show Bio

I find it hard to compare Julie, Michelle and Anne and say which is best. I love all three and they fit perfectly in their own bat verses. Julie is the pioneer. Without her, Catwoman would not have been a household name. Michelle generated so much interest in Catwoman that she gained her own solo title. Anne's definitely earned her stripes and I'm looking forward to see how this will impact the Catwoman brand. I find it strange that DC isn't doing more to promote her, but I've never understood how that company does business anyway.

#29 Posted by MartinPi (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Anne is a great actress but the "look and feel" was nothing for me. I can't explain why but Michelle has done some things a little better for me. Michelle was one of the reasons why I watched Batman Returns in my childhood very often... I was screaming as I just saw a picture set of model Susan Wayland in this great outfit. It was the reason why I was watching Batman Returns yesterday again :D

#30 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7596 posts) - - Show Bio

Michelle's was corny. When she tried to eat that bird and started cleaning herself was just weird. Tim Burton had way too much control over the movie in Batman Returns, that was a straaaange movie.

#31 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12591 posts) - - Show Bio

Anne was a better Catwoman in terms of characterization but Pfeifer was a much sexier.

#32 Posted by MartinPi (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Pfeifer was a much sexier ... agreed :D

#33 Posted by Skewer (325 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally am not a fan of batman returns or the interpretations of those characters including catwoman however she was the best thing about that movie which in my eyes isn't saying much. I do prefer Anne Hathaway but in terms of my favourite one I go with Julie anyday.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.