Follow

Catwoman

Character » Catwoman appears in 3416 issues.

Catwoman is a fictional character originating from DC Comics. Under the costumed alias of Catwoman, Selina Kyle, is a cat burglar with an on-again, off-again, romantic relationship with Batman. She is shown as a woman who is very strong-willed, independent and morally dubious.

Judd Winick Dishes Out Details on the New Catwoman Series

• 57 results
    cyberninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By cyberninja

Amazing as always, thank you ComicVine. 

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By doordoor123

Aw. Wanted to hear more about Batwing.
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By gmanfromheck

@doordoor123: Well...stay tuned!

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By longbowhunter

I've been on the fence about picking up the new Catwoman series, but I think this video just pushed me towards "Yes". Judd is great. He's no celebrity writer, just a great workhorse in superhero comics.
    Avatar image for reversenegative
    ReverseNegative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By ReverseNegative

LOL when I saw it said "Dig deeper into Judd Winick" on the side.

Joe Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Joe Venom

I'm not "excited" for this new Catwoman series but I am getting all 52 issue #1's so I leave it up to Judd Winick to get me hooked on it or not. I did love his run on PowerGirl so things are looking pretty good so far, and I can't wait to see that wedding! ^^

Awesome Interview! You guys made it very fun and informative, and even got him to spills some beans only a few seconds into the interview =D

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7  Edited By Press Oblivion

Sweet! The Videos are back! I always felt that videos like this are what Comic Vine has over the other Comic news sites. It's content like this that i come here for!. Great interview. Great atmosphere

RedSteel15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By RedSteel15

That was a good interview. As always great to see video stuff from Comic Vine.

Can't say that I'm interested in the new Catwoman really. I'll probably pick it up and we'll see how it holds up!

mrzero1982pt2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mrzero1982pt2

am i the only person who has noticed catwoman's goggles look like a bra? 

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Bestostero

Spoiler Alert!!!
    Catwoman and Batman get married!!!

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By gmanfromheck

@Press Oblivion: @Jolt92: A part of the reality is, videos need to get views in order to be worth doing. Plain and simple. Share this with friends, tweet it, facebook it, embed on other sites. I hate to pander like this but videos take time and resources. Articles tend to get a lot more views. Just something to think about.

lastdrag0n89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By lastdrag0n89

I really have missed these videos. Especially preview theatre and 3 min expert

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By gmanfromheck

@lastdrag0n89: I miss those as well. See my comment above. :(

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By IrishX

I like the covers to Catwoman #1 & 2. She is also one of my favorite DC characters but still not sure if I'll get the series.

caladbolglight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#15  Edited By caladbolglight

Okay, so I'm going to risk sounding like a misinformed idiot and ask a question: 

Is this New 52 initiative like a reset button for DC? After this, will Brightest Day never have happened? Or is it simply a Vol. 2 for these comics. Because I am so confused.  

Fantasgasmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Fantasgasmic
    @mikeclark1982 said:
    I made the same comment in when the cover was first revealed.
    noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17  Edited By noj

Really awesome! Hope to see more videos in the future!

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#18  Edited By Outside_85

Wish DC had bothered explaining what they meant with the rehoot the moment it came out rather than let it appear piece by piece (would have saved alot of anger directed at them). 

But Catwoman sounds interesting.

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#19  Edited By ImperiousRix

Judd Winick's been among my favorite writers for a long time.  I think I'm convinced to pick up both Catwoman and Batwing when September rolls around. 
    Great job as always, dudes!

Fantasgasmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Fantasgasmic
    @caladbolglight said:
    Okay, so I'm going to risk sounding like a misinformed idiot and ask a question: 

Is this New 52 initiative like a reset button for DC? After this, will Brightest Day never have happened? Or is it simply a Vol. 2 for these comics. Because I am so confused.  
    The reason you're confused is because DC has said one thing ("it's not a reboot") while demonstrably showing the exact opposite (Roy Harper's arm, Catwoman not knowing Batman's identity, Lois and Clark's marriage, BARBARA GORDON WALKING, etc.) DC just doesn't want to call it a reboot because that term has a negative connotation among fans nowadays. They aren't going to show a bunch of origin stories (unless you count Action Comics)  and they aren't radically changing characters' origins (unless you count Action Comics, and its Batmanification of Superman), but there are going to be major radical character changes (Jason Todd is wearing a Bat symbol for crying out loud, and Starfire is going to have a thing for him) and obviously they will be throwing out tons of old stories in an effort to "simplify" or "condense" continuity and backstory. If you had to come up with a word for all those things, what would it be?

We won't know what has or hasn't been kept, rewritten, or flat out ignored until the stories start, but in many ways, no matter what company line Judd Winick dishes out, this IS a reboot!
    inferi22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By inferi22

I really wanna see what scott snyder's gonna do with bruce wayne and swamp thing

MrUnknown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 8

#22  Edited By MrUnknown

Video isn't working properly for me and stops. First time stopped at around 4 min in and second time at 4:55.

limbani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23  Edited By limbani
    @G-Man: PLEASE...... WE need more videos... i stopped visting the site regulary because of the lack of videos... and if it is about ressouces: Why dont you have any ads on the site?
    SUPER-MAN 23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 789

#24  Edited By SUPER-MAN 23

Great interview

Avatar image for deactivated-5a98cd905fc97
    deactivated-5a98cd905fc97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Those were some superb, intelligent replies to Tony & Sara's questions.  Thank you Judd!

kevin88wk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By kevin88wk

i already knew about the dc reboot but is every thing in dc going to start at the beginning like will the teen titan member's be robin (dick grayson),wonder girl (donna troy), speedy (roy harper), kid flash (wally west), and aqualad ? im basically asking if everything is going to start at year one ???? before brightest day and all of that

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#27  Edited By Samimista
    @mikeclark1982 said:
    Lol I thought it was a bra if you were referring to the pink thing near the cat ears.
    ambigu0us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ambigu0us

Interesting how he specifically mentions Superman's origin of coming from Krypton....are all signs pointing to this giant revamp is because of the lawsuit?

Also, great video!

bjmorga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#29  Edited By bjmorga

Great interview, folks! I've really missed this. As someone mentioned above, this is why I was initially attracted to this site. I'm glad to see return (however limited) to the format.

Avatar image for harleyquinnhawkgirl
    harleyquinnhawkgirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 255

User Lists: 14

yay i love these types of videos! im glad u guys did this video its absolutely awesome! its so cool to see judd winick in a video discussion bc he just seems so real and cool and relatable. i am very excited for this new catwoman series thank u guys for doing this video bc i didnt really know how the feel of it would be but now i know how selina's gonna be!!!
    Baal_Sagoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Baal_Sagoth

Excellent video! So glad there's some new video content on Comicvine :)

Besides the Happy Hour segment, which is great, of course.

@G-Man said:

I hate to pander like this but videos take time and resources. Articles tend to get a lot more views. Just something to think about.

I always wonder how many of the clicks translate into people actually reading it though. If I had to guess I'd say video views are more reliably people that are interested than instances of articles being clicked on. But whatever, I just hope Comicvine gets the chance to do some more videos in the future. Especially interviews/ discussion segments. I like those the most.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very nicely done! I enjoyed this.

The Mast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#33  Edited By The Mast

I have never bought, nor will I ever buy, the, "You can't just jump in." argument.

You can, most of us did. Stop pandering. My first comic was Daredevil #187. Tony said his first issues of The Amazing Spider-Man and Uncanny X-Men were in the hundreds. If there's a lack of effort to get back into comics, there's a lack of effort to stay in, too. These people are lazy.

Bearing in mind, people like Winnick's example fell out of them in the first place.

-The Mast

craigbo180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By craigbo180

It's a shame the videos weren't doing good enough views, I tried to watch pretty much all the video content that went up. I miss the weekly news the most. It would be cool to see some more sit down interviews with creators in this style as well in the future.

Fantasgasmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Fantasgasmic
    @baal_sagoth said:   

I always wonder how many of the clicks translate into people actually reading it though. If I had to guess I'd say video views are more reliably people that are interested than instances of articles being clicked on. But whatever, I just hope Comicvine gets the chance to do some more videos in the future. Especially interviews/ discussion segments. I like those the most.

I hear that, I am totally guilty of clicking on an article, reading about 3 sentences, saying "BORING"  and closing the tab, far more frequently than I click a video and give up on it. I only do that on hour long "Quick Looks" on Giantbomb.
    ecm1285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#36  Edited By ecm1285

Good interview...but more importantly, where did you get that shirt?!?!

Xaviersx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Xaviersx

Wow, it's been since the Real World when I last heard that voice. Yeah, I've seen Mr Winick's photo here and there, . . but back down memory lane. So glad that Comicvine got this interview. I like an interview that feels natural and forthcoming, this delivered.

Completely understand being that guy you meet on a plane or on the street who's out of the loop and feeling that the back catalog is somewhat daunting. It was sad getting out of comics (due to money and management) but its hard getting back into the big 2 with the many shifts in continuity and characterization, especially when you're faves where mostly just the big 2. It's easy for the masses to grasp the concepts of the characters and take them in in other media, like tv and movies (not necessarily on ice or stage). That said, as a picky reader these days (subjective to my biases and likes), I'm not going to jump on the new launch until its well established and by peers given its marks. I hope it all goes well. I hope the industry comes back strong (cough cough parent companies promote across media and not just pick the bones for tv and movies).

Hope to see more of the DC folks and their thoughts on their universe and the industry as a whole.

bunkerbuster05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By bunkerbuster05

Terrific interview. Judd Winick is pretty awesome.

I got a question, if anyone can answer it.

I don't read too much DC. I keep up with select titles, like Batman and Green Lantern, and Flashpoint now. With this new 52 launch, are all of these books the only books out? There have to be some books not listed for getting a reboot, so do they just disappear or do they keep the run they are on? I hope this made sense :P

NXH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By NXH

Okay! Here's a fun drinking game! Every time Judd Winick mentions the word steal or theif you gotta have a shot! =P

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#40  Edited By FoxxFireArt

Why is he saying that continuity is the same when even the solicit for Superman admits that continuity is being changed? I don't know how far they are changing many of the other series, but Superman is the reboot. When that new Superman series says it's in current continuity but he's never been married. That's a reboot.

The entire "can't jump in argument" is a false one. It's an excuse. I didn't start reading comics year ago at number one. The internet is pretty full with a lot of information. If you wanted to jump in you could and check websites, such as Comic Vine, to learn what has happened. Also, in comic books, much of what happened before never matters in the long run to begin with. Sometimes you might get a writer calling back to past events, but that doesn't always happen.

ProjektGill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ProjektGill

I loved the Podcast a few weeks back that was an hour and a half of just interviewing Judd Winick. It's great to hear more about the upcoming Catwoman and any info on the New 52 is awesome.

Aldie_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Aldie_N

Emma Stone looks a bit odd as Gwen Stacy, I'll probably see it anyways.

B_Heart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By B_Heart

Awesome Interview. I'll be picking up Catwoman come the new #1. Looking forward to more videos/interviews like this. Great content.

GammaGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By GammaGirl

i had a really hard time concentrating on what he was saying 

sara kept distracting me

caladbolglight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By caladbolglight
    @Fantasgasmic said:
    @caladbolglight said:

The reason you're confused is because DC has said one thing ("it's not a reboot") while demonstrably showing the exact opposite (Roy Harper's arm, Catwoman not knowing Batman's identity, Lois and Clark's marriage, BARBARA GORDON WALKING, etc.) DC just doesn't want to call it a reboot because that term has a negative connotation among fans nowadays. They aren't going to show a bunch of origin stories (unless you count Action Comics)  and they aren't radically changing characters' origins (unless you count Action Comics, and its Batmanification of Superman), but there are going to be major radical character changes (Jason Todd is wearing a Bat symbol for crying out loud, and Starfire is going to have a thing for him) and obviously they will be throwing out tons of old stories in an effort to "simplify" or "condense" continuity and backstory. If you had to come up with a word for all those things, what would it be?

We won't know what has or hasn't been kept, rewritten, or flat out ignored until the stories start, but in many ways, no matter what company line Judd Winick dishes out, this IS a reboot!
    Ahahahhaah, Barbara Gordon walking...hee hee hee. Ya cause it was WAY to confusing. I'm thinking of picking up Teen TItans but the Superboy comic synopsis goes on about him being an escaped experiment, and I'm thinking, "didn't we already know that 0.o". Thanks for clearing that up. I'm just going to ignore everything that happened up until this point and consider it a reboot. Makes sense.
    caladbolglight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By caladbolglight
    @bunkerbuster05 said:

Terrific interview. Judd Winick is pretty awesome.

I got a question, if anyone can answer it.

I don't read too much DC. I keep up with select titles, like Batman and Green Lantern, and Flashpoint now. With this new 52 launch, are all of these books the only books out? There have to be some books not listed for getting a reboot, so do they just disappear or do they keep the run they are on? I hope this made sense :P

I'm not sure, but I surmise as much. I think that every other comic is ending, which I think is upsetting, because classic comics like Outsiders and Justice Society of America haven't been announced for the "New 52". Chances are, they'll probably bring in these comics in a few months, as the "New 52", is just for September (and October?).
    Pizawle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#47  Edited By Pizawle

Really great interview, guys. Thanks.

Obsurity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#48  Edited By Obsurity
    @Fantasgasmic

They've been calling it a reboot depending on what character it is 
    -Batman: soft reboot 
    -Superman: hard reboot
    MatKrenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 255

#49  Edited By MatKrenz

Hopefully Judd Winick will become James Robinson 2 in terms of appearence's on the podcast.
    Avatar image for playdohsrepublic
    playdohsrepublic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By playdohsrepublic

Am I the only one who thinks this looks like "Spider-Man Begins" and doesn't like it? Where's the joy and fun?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.