I think Catwoman is annoying and unsexy

• 54 results
#1 Edited by MasterDetective (797 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm amazed about the number of people who like her, I can't stand this character...

Aaaaaaand I know you disagree, don't you?

#2 Posted by Aiden Cross (15562 posts) - - Show Bio

She can be annoying at times (depending on the writer) but she is sexy.

#3 Posted by The Stegman (22988 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually feel the same way about Black Cat over at Marvel, she seems vain, annoying, bratty and desperate for attention. Parker can (and has) do much better.

#4 Posted by Billy Batson (57736 posts) - - Show Bio

That's all fine and dandy (actually it isn't, I'll cut your throat for that) but this isn't really worth a thread.
BB

#5 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

She's in my top 3 favorite characters, so I can't say I agree.

#6 Posted by CrimsonCake (2668 posts) - - Show Bio

Sometimes I'm not fond of her character but in other incarnations I like her.

#7 Posted by ragdollpurps (15572 posts) - - Show Bio

...Someone's begging to have their eyes scratched out.

#8 Posted by YMCMB (160 posts) - - Show Bio

@MasterDetective: I be lookin 4 u now.....watch yo back kiddo

#9 Posted by timelord786 (164 posts) - - Show Bio

She is hot and sexy ... lets just leave it at that.

#10 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

She f@kcs with Batman, that mean she is hoooot!!!!

#11 Posted by Saucedo17 (135 posts) - - Show Bio

Do I hat Catwomen no, do I like Catwomen no.

#12 Posted by Mercy_ (92411 posts) - - Show Bio

I think you're annoying and unsexy >:(

#13 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_ said:

Beat me to it. I really like Selina, but to each their own. Still making a thread about hating her is kinda sorta rude imo.

#14 Posted by Joygirl (18441 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19908 posts) - - Show Bio

To each their own. I respect your opinion but mine is she is sexy but can be annoying at times.

#16 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

Well phooey on you =^-^=

#17 Edited by The_Tree (7191 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

To each their own. I respect your opinion but mine is she is sexy but can be annoying at times.

Pretty much my sentiment on the matter.

#18 Posted by ratman19 (525 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_ said:

#19 Posted by JonSmith (3987 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson: Billy, temper. Am I going to have to tell Shazam you've been misbehaving? You know he'll put you in the Corner of Eternity again.

#20 Posted by TheSheepHerder (11958 posts) - - Show Bio

What did you say?

#21 Posted by BatWatch (2364 posts) - - Show Bio

The scans I've seen of her in the DCNU seem to make her a bit trashy, so I'm with you. However, that is just one interpretation. I thought Hathaway made her attractive. Her old purple suited days in the nineties were fairly neutral. Pretty attractive through the two thousands pre-Reboot. Still, never been crazy attractive. Obviously, I'm talking about personality because pretty much ever comic heroine has a stellar body.

I don't find her annoying in any interpretations.

#22 Posted by kagato (246 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

Yep same, sometimes she is written well and othertimes i just wish they hadnt bothered lol

#23 Edited by MasterDetective (797 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh oh,

Have mercy on me, this topic was supposed to be on the Batman forum but it has been moved...

@Blood1991 said:

Beat me to it. I really like Selina, but to each their own. Still making a thread about hating her is kinda sorta rude imo.

Well excuse me for disliking a kleptomaniac thief who constantly betrays her friends

@TheSheepHerder: Hum...I'm not convinced

#24 Posted by TheCat (20 posts) - - Show Bio

Catwoman is the epitome of sexy. She's the perfect bad girl with a heart.

#25 Posted by TheCat (20 posts) - - Show Bio

@MasterDetective said:

Oh oh,

Have mercy on me, this topic was supposed to be on the Batman forum but it has been moved...

@Blood1991 said:

Well excuse me for disliking a kleptomaniac thief who constantly betrays her friends

@TheSheepHerder: Hum...I'm not convinced

Betrays her friends? What friends? Batman? She does truly care about Batman and is there when he needs her to be. She's saved him on many occasions, just like he has saved her.

Poison Ivy? Harley Quinn? I wouldn't call them friends, they do band together at times (especially Gotham City Sirens) but Ivy and her never really trusted each other. I feel like they both care about Harley but its obvious Harley is too far gone with her "Mr. J" to really be an honest friend.

Catwoman is just more self-reliant than most, which you can't blame her if you know her past. She takes in strays, which isn't even limited to cats (Look up Holly Robinson). And a thief? If you were stuck in Gotham and had to fight the streets to stay alive eventually you would resent the people above you. By that I mean the disgustingly rich, horrid people that inhabit Gotham, while a healthy number of people can barely find the means to eat every night.

I wouldn't even call Selina selfish. At one point she had a child and gave her up for adoption because she wanted her to have a better life. How more selfless can you be?

You're not rude for stating your opinions; if everyone loved the same things then everything would be terribly boring.

#26 Posted by TheSheepHerder (11958 posts) - - Show Bio

@MasterDetective: Eh to each their own.

#27 Posted by HexThis (880 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, hey, everyone's entitled to their own opinion. Except for the OP, who has committed an unforgivable sin in speaking ill of one of the most important, coolest characters EVER.

#28 Edited by mfundo (1622 posts) - - Show Bio

I love her, she's gorgeous and totally kick-ass. If anyone else makes a thread like this, I'll claw their eyes out :D

#29 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

@MasterDetective said:

I'm amazed about the number of people who like her, I can't stand this character...

You bet your trolling ass i do!

#30 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

@MasterDetective said:

KILL YOURSELF.......

#31 Posted by JohnnyWalker (821 posts) - - Show Bio

im with you on this one. to me she is uninteresting, not funny, not anything. but people like lesbians so whatcha gonna do?

#32 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14587 posts) - - Show Bio

Is the OP gay or just european I wonder? maybe both.

#33 Posted by TheCat (20 posts) - - Show Bio

@JohnnyWalker said:

im with you on this one. to me she is uninteresting, not funny, not anything. but people like lesbians so whatcha gonna do?

What?

#34 Edited by k4tzm4n (36379 posts) - - Show Bio

@MasterDetective said:

If you ever meet her, don't ask her out. In the meantime, don't read her books.

Oh, and unfriend her on Facebook and unfollow her on Twitter. That should solve the problem for now. But be warned, once she gets word of this she might approach you. Stay strong and resist, okay?

Staff
#35 Posted by MasterDetective (797 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkKnightDetective said:

European, yes. But despite the appearances, I am NOT gay

#36 Posted by chipsnopotatoes (328 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually, I know two of her most loyal fans and they are both gay. So it can't be that.

@JohnnyWalker said:

Are you trying to be derogatory or just having a bad case of sour grapes?

@MasterDetective said:

European, yes. But despite the appearances, I am NOT gay

Have to say you've got some balls making your opening statement in a Catwoman forum no less. How are the bailouts going in your neck of the woods.

#37 Posted by MasterDetective (797 posts) - - Show Bio

@chipsnopotatoes: meh, it was supposed to be on the Batman forum but was moved here...

#38 Posted by PassionFlower (957 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Catwoman, to me she is always a treat and someone I root for especially when she is trying to be good.

#39 Posted by Onemoreposter (3919 posts) - - Show Bio

#40 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with the annoying part, I pretty much hate her character but I'd be lying if I said she wasn't sexy

#41 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17234 posts) - - Show Bio

she is freaking hot, but she can be annoying some time, which is forgivable because.................SHE IS FREAKING HOT

#42 Posted by daak1212 (7901 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't have an opinion on her.

#43 Posted by RazzaTazz (9478 posts) - - Show Bio
@jointron33: Not cool, watch your language.  
#44 Posted by TheCannon (17890 posts) - - Show Bio

@Aiden Cross said:

She can be annoying at times (depending on the writer) but she is sexy.

This.

#45 Posted by In_the_zone (37 posts) - - Show Bio

My like/dislike rate of this character always seems to change every year.

I like her in Arkham City.

I used to think she was an decent character when I was little.

I think she just should've stayed a Batman centred character. I only see her as Batman's bitch

I read her first solo series I thought it was decent up to about issue 22 that's when it just starts to get weird and gets weirder in my opinion and then I just stopped reading it.

And the worst thing about Catwoman

<----

#46 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

im not into s&m. but i think shes sexy. she just isnt my favourite character.

#47 Posted by JonesDeini (3620 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: How con one be rude to a nonexistent entity? But on a serious note. Like all characters my enjoyment of them is based upon who's writing them and how well they understand the character. I'm not fond of Winick's take on her so right now I'm not a fan of Selina. Generally speaking I think she's great.

#48 Posted by JohnnyWalker (821 posts) - - Show Bio

yes she is annoying and unsexy. people can post all the best covers with her kinda sexy if youre into s&m all they want. she is not sexy, she is slutty. not the same thing.

#49 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

In the hands of a bad writer, she's just a whore with claws.

In the hands of a good writer, she's the dark seductress with a golden glint in her eye that makes you think she might just be good but you just don't know.

#50 Posted by chipsnopotatoes (328 posts) - - Show Bio

TheCrowbar said:

In the hands of a bad writer, she's just a whore with claws.

In the hands of a good writer, she's the dark seductress with a golden glint in her eye that makes you think she might just be good but you just don't know.

And that's the difference between Judd Winick and Jonah Nolan.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.