First Look at Anne Hathaway as 'Selina Kyle' in 'The Dark Knight Rises'

Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

Not to be outdone by yesterday's big reveal of Henry Caville as Superman in Zach Snyder's upcoming 'Man of Steel' movie for Warner Brothers and Legendary Pictures, today we get our very first look at Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle in Christopher Nolan's 'The Dark Knight Rises.'

Boy, does this picture answer a lot of questions. When the casting rumor that Hathaway would play Selina Kyle was first revealed, many people wondered whether or not she would not only portray Selina, but if the actress would also delve into her alter-ego of 'Catwoman.' Continue reading more to check out the full size picture.

== TEASER ==

This picture alone answers a lot of questions. It seems like Nolan's vision for Selina Kyle won't have cat ears, at least not initially, but she does get a pretty cool mask. And if the question of whether or not Selina and Batman would be teaming up in the film to fight crime was ever up for debate, I guess the fact that she's going to be riding around on a bat-cycle kind of confirms it. Unless of course, she's planning on breaking into the Batcave and stealing it. But I don't think she'll be that clever. What do you guys think of Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle? Are you looking forward to 'The Dark Knight Rises'? Does this answer a lot of questions you may have about what role her character will play in the film?

A big thank you to a Schabbe for the tip!

Update:

Check out some leaked images of Hathaway's stunt double.

Source: The Dark Knight Risesand Just Jared

#1 Posted by Phantim555 (229 posts) - - Show Bio

I miss the cat ears. The mask was the ONLY good thing about Halle Berry's Catwoman movie
#2 Posted by Roldan (241 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks more like a Prototype.

#3 Posted by DrTTD (22 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, at least they got the "woman" part...

#4 Posted by bingbangboom (746 posts) - - Show Bio

I really don't think this is the "final" version of Catwoman.

#5 Posted by disposablepal (13 posts) - - Show Bio

i dig it, kind of like a high tech Julie Newmar. plus i noticed the middle zipper so i'm sure at some point she'll show some of the classic Catwoman cleavage.

#6 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

After seeing Love & Other Drugs, I think Anne definitely has the figure to pull off a catsuit. Male hormones aside, when you think about it, that's a very important part of Catwoman. She's a master gymnast.

#7 Posted by Sylver (1554 posts) - - Show Bio

I think some sort of ears should have been used. I mean, it's not like people actually name themselves in these movies; other people gotta do it, and how can they name her Catwoman, w/out the ears?  Oh well...other than that she looks good.
#8 Posted by Sasuke (397 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it she looks believable in her suit. I really cant wait to see how all of the day time stuff works out.
#9 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sylver said:

I think some sort of ears should have been used. I mean, it's not like people actually name themselves in these movies; other people gotta do it, and how can they name her Catwoman, w/out the ears? Oh well...other than that she looks good.

Well, it hasn't been confirmed that she will be 'Catwoman,' just 'Selina Kyle.' I doubt Nolan will add ears. He shy's away from all the totem animal alter-ego stuff.

#10 Posted by snowtires (28 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't understand why Batman is the only one whose costume didn't get thrown out the window for this movie.  Bane's mask looks like a torture device from the first Saw movie and Catwoman looks like she's wearing a pair of movie theater 3D glasses, painted black.  Yikes.

#11 Posted by jubilee042 (1353 posts) - - Show Bio

i hope this isn't the final version i kinda don't like it miss the cat ears(G-man must be happy) mask is good and the suit is okay  but i hope this ain't the final version @DrTTD: you are right what they did is 

• woman part check 
  • cat part  i don't thinks so(i mean can we call her catwoman or cat like  for that matter)
#12 Posted by Joe Venom (1275 posts) - - Show Bio

This can't be it, this looks like she belong in one of the Spy Kids movies :/

#13 Edited by FoxxFireArt (3551 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know if we can really judge the look of her as Selina by this image. It would be like judging Bane by that image of Batman patting his head. I fully agree on the not cat ears for Catwoman. I've never felt they were really even needed in the comics. 

It's also hard to judge her when I so have the Adam Hughes image of what Seline Kyle should look like so burned into my mind. That's a hard standard to hold her to. This gives me a more wait and see feel. The Batman movies have well earned enough good will to want to give Nolan's view a chance. I think I would just prefer short hair. 
I'm not saying that this will be good, but I'm willing to wait and see what happens in the movie.

I'm still wondering if he will ever get the movie Batmobile back.

#14 Posted by Sylver (1554 posts) - - Show Bio
@Babs: Oh ya. Good point.  Pity though. :-) Still, I think Hathaway will do well.  She's a good actress.
#15 Posted by snowtires (28 posts) - - Show Bio

Saying Catwoman doesn't need cat ears is like saying Batman doesn't need his cowl or Superman doesn't need a big 'S' on his chest.  The costumes go hand-in-hand with the characters.

#16 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

Hathaway BLOWS. WORST CAST EVER

#17 Posted by DiddyOh (3 posts) - - Show Bio

I think what Nolan does is try to make the "costumes" a little more functional and believable in a sense. For example although he had the colors down with the Joker, they weren't really clown clothes. I agree with the other though, that this isn't the final version of the outfit.

#18 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio
@bingbangboom said:
I really don't think this is the "final" version of Catwoman.
i have to agree. i feel like there definitely needs to be a mask
#19 Posted by CrimsonAvenger (1162 posts) - - Show Bio

What's the Black Widow doing in a Batman movie?

#20 Posted by Jake Fury (18337 posts) - - Show Bio

That's a big ass motor bike.
#21 Posted by Vitality (1762 posts) - - Show Bio

Why was the thread that was posted before this one get closed?
#22 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

@Joe Venom said:

This can't be it, this looks like she belong in one of the Spy Kids movies :/

LOL! You're right!

#23 Posted by RazzaTazz (9579 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it
#24 Posted by Grim (2079 posts) - - Show Bio

I think she probably stole that Bat-pod. i can definitely see her giving Bats a little aid at the end of the film though..

#25 Edited by VprVnmSRT10 (104 posts) - - Show Bio

@CrimsonAvenger: I sort of had the same thought. This might Selina Kyle as the Cat Burglar. I dont think this is Catwoman. The mask is probably there to hide her identity.

@DiddyOh: I loved Nolan's version of The Joker. The outfit tied in so well. Harvey's suit was also amazing. I think this is just a teaser.

I remember so many people complaining about Heath Ledger as the Joker, and after watching everyone shut up. He played the character so well. I think Anne Hathaway can pull off this character.

#26 Posted by queenfrost_ (2499 posts) - - Show Bio
@Babs: Following up on that, I think, much like many other comic book movies, the name 'Catwoman' won't be mentioned until her last scene or the very last scene of the movie. And even then, maybe just a small glimpse from a Newspaper headline.
#27 Posted by 672253 (51 posts) - - Show Bio

I was hoping she'd have the Adam Hughs' style short hair, cat mask and goggles... ah well.

Looks like she's nicked off with the Bat-cycle.

#28 Posted by okayla (102 posts) - - Show Bio

My interest in this movie is waning, even with the understanding this is most likely prototype mode.

#29 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio
Now this would make it purrfect! 
#30 Posted by cobra88king8 (339 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that she looks great here. What everyone has to remember is that Nolan has not once said that Catwoman would be in this film, but selina kyle will be. Big difference there

#31 Posted by Scarlet_Rogue (152 posts) - - Show Bio

those goggles suck and her "acting face" isn't helping this screenshot.

#32 Posted by sj_esposito (457 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh.. I don't know. I can't stand Ann Hathaway to begin with, so the announcement was a disappointment in itself. This picture doesn't help things much. I kind of wish she were wearing a more covering face mask, even without the ears. Like something that she wears in the comics currently, with the goggles on top. 

#33 Posted by GolDEnsPectre (19 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe this is like a beginning for her start as catwoman and Christopher Nolan wanted it to feel as realistic as possible and not have it like she had the costume in the back of her closet this whole time. So maybe shes not catwoman......yet 
#34 Posted by TheSheepHerder (11958 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks pretty good.

#35 Posted by FortressoftheMoon (678 posts) - - Show Bio
@CrimsonAvenger said:
What's the Black Widow doing in a Batman movie?

You mean the Baroness from GI Joe.
#36 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

@FortressoftheMoon said:

@CrimsonAvenger said:
What's the Black Widow doing in a Batman movie?
You mean the Baroness from GI Joe.

Oh snap!

#37 Posted by CrimsonTempest (307 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually like this. I miss the cat ears, but I like this nonetheless.

#38 Posted by Neuron (109 posts) - - Show Bio

She looks pretty badass.  Nice.

#39 Posted by EDfromRED (28 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like the look of Catwoman from Batman: Arkham City, it is the one that first comes to mind when I think of the character. I trust Christopher Nolan though, and expect this movie to be outstanding.
#40 Posted by mbembet (219 posts) - - Show Bio

i love it! Nolan is always manage to surprise me Nolan! is the best

#41 Posted by The_Tree (7250 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks very meh. 
I've never been keen on Hathaway's casting.

#42 Posted by Baddamdog (2223 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope that's just like a prototype costume, how can you be catwoman....and not have cat ears?

#43 Posted by Billy Batson (57922 posts) - - Show Bio

Ehhh 

BB

#44 Posted by Seraphim84 (58 posts) - - Show Bio

Tumblers and batcycles for all!!

#45 Posted by Shadowdoggy (3815 posts) - - Show Bio

it's pretty cool 
I mean, it at least makes sense for how her character would look in a more "real life" version of herself 
which is what the Nolan Batman films have done consistently 
thumbs up for consistency!!
#46 Posted by Eyz (3095 posts) - - Show Bio

AAAANND...I'm officially worrierd about the direction this flick is going to.
Bane left me skeptical, but this...

And don't FANBOY at me. Good director or not, good cast or not, a movie is the sum of its part, from design/story to post-production.

I'm pretty sure she stole it from Bats, kinda the same way the Catwoman from Tim Burton flick did steal some tech from her foes (the electrocutioner comes to mind), perhaps it's even the one

#47 Posted by dondasch (926 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, once again its an early post, but this, combined with Hardy as Bane and his mask, makes me cry

#48 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Tree said:

It looks very meh. I've never been keen on Hathaway's casting.
#49 Posted by thehowlingman (1 posts) - - Show Bio

surely I wasn't the only one hoping for a full body shot...

#50 Posted by weaponx (1566 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks awful...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.