Follow

Catwoman

Character » Catwoman appears in 3421 issues.

Catwoman is a fictional character originating from DC Comics. Under the costumed alias of Catwoman, Selina Kyle, is a cat burglar with an on-again, off-again, romantic relationship with Batman. She is shown as a woman who is very strong-willed, independent and morally dubious.

First Look: Anne Hathaway as Catwoman with Mask and Ears

shrmntnk62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By shrmntnk62

I think it looks alright, but I was still hoping for the gogles.

riri4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#202  Edited By riri4life

Not a fan of the head gear....but she's usually a phenominal actress, so I'm not gonna count her out just yet.

Neverpraying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#203  Edited By Neverpraying

I am not a fan of Nolan's costumes, well the Batman one is cool, but I dislike the Scarecrow costume he uses, the Bane one is iffy, Ras's style was alright, and Catwoman's does not fit with the movie really.

Me and my brother both agree that Anne Hathaway does not fit the roll of Catwoman. As my brother put it, Catwoman is supposed to play good and bad, while Anne Hathaway is your best friend.

wallywest55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By wallywest55

All the others catwomen b4 her looked much better. I dont know why she looks like she decided to be cat woman so she went to the corner store and got costume off the shelf real quick. But who knows she might act really well and the costume might not look too bad.

Namor1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#205  Edited By Namor1987

@entropy_aegis:

If you met me in person I'd laugh & walk off because it takes a lot to get me pissed off. Plus it's just words heard worse

Namor1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#206  Edited By Namor1987

@RainEffect said:

@Namor1987 said:

@RainEffect: I never said she was going to disrespect her body & shut the hell up. With this inner beauty crap. Dang you people make me sick. BTW I hate Megan Fox with a passion I wanted her to get hit with Optimus' truck & die. God you people don't know how to mind your own business. I've seen all the Batman movies. Good for Michelle Pfeiffer do you want a cookie for her paleness. I could careless about these people or their lives. I just said Hathaway looks pale as hell & cleavage is just something I'd like for me personally. Plus Batman in general sucks. I'd only watch this for Bane too see him try & kill off Bruce. BTW you automatically assumed I liked the Kardashians. Funny I only watch their shows for the eye candy & to see what Robert & Scott do next. Now please stfu & mind your business I didn't address you.

Wow, you clearly didn't read my post properly; you were too busy getting your 'too cool' attitude ready. I never said anything about inner beauty, I was talking about natural beauty. Natural beauty is how beautiful a woman is without make-up and cosmetics. I could go off at you about your opinions on female characters and desires for cleavage, but instead, I'll just advise something. What does that say about you, if all you look for in a woman is eye-candy? Think about it. If Batman sucks, then why the hell are you commenting on this topic? Furthermore, I never assumed you liked the Kardashians, I just used them as an example. You know, you make a statement then support your statement. And, contrary to your belief, you did address me and any other person on this topic with your post. You're posting on a public forum. What? Were you under the impression you were talking to a wall? Hot tip, internet language doesn't make you cool. Stfu just makes you look like a twelve-year old who spends his days playing Call of Duty.

Honestly 1st person shooters suck they're the same thing over & over. Unless they're futuristic then their OK I like fighters. Another point I'm not married to her so I don't wake up to her in the morning. Also what Hollywood celebrity is all-natural nowadays. Most have had work done. I commented because I felt like it. Free country. Let me be very specific with you I never said RainEffect Anne Hathaway is ugly. Honestly if the movie sucks & I get bored it needs at least action not 25 minutes here 25 there that's boring; a good story & at a least a hot/semi-attractive woman. I wasn't trying to be cool I don't conform to another man's beliefs not my style. In the words of a great man D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F. You guys are over-sensitive. About the comment what it says about me if all I look for is eye candy I like outer beauty but personality counts but everyone judges based on looks it's human nature the 1st thought that comes into your mind is usually whether a person is hot or not.

ozker1127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By ozker1127

Pretty sure those “cat ears” ARE the goggles. As in she pulls them down over her eyes when needed. (Night vision, GPS, 3D movies).

drphilter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#208  Edited By drphilter

I guess i just assumed the heels look overkill in this to give her height for framing the picture, but i dont know exactly how that works really.

hellogan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By hellogan

one word Bad! I think she's going to do a horrible portrail of Catwoman... No offense to her but I just don't think she has enough sex appeal. Plus, I like the origional half mask better, and how the heck is she going to sneek around in heels? come on

Neuron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#210  Edited By Neuron

I like it. I just don't get the heels. Nolan has stuck to realism every time, and I'm not sure how she can justify fighting in those.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#211  Edited By fodigg

Since these first came out, I'd have to say yeah the heels are a bit much although I like that her "ears" are actually her goggles flipped up.

LoganRogue24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By LoganRogue24

i wish she had the mask with the goggles like in the batman arkham city game.

9th Wonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By 9th Wonder

Anne Hathaway as Catwoman= COLOSSAL FAILURE.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

I like her and the costume.
    davdjams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By davdjams

serious come on joker was amaziiiiing

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#216  Edited By No_Name_

Commissioner Gordon is the best thing about that first image.

Chibi-Iroh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By Chibi-Iroh

While I would have preferred for Nolan to use the more recent incarnation of Catwoman's costume I could understand why he didn't. She isn't a billionaire like Bruce so it would make no sense for her to have this high tech well crafted costume. Knowing Nolan I do think that these images are only what he wants us to see. I have a very good feeling that we wont see her real suit until the movie or a trailer is released.

canis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By canis

I don't really like it but i guess ive been michelle pfeiffers version for a really long time.

Avatar image for christopherwalken
    christopherwalken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Michelle Pfeiffer's shoes will be hard to fill. Halle Berry is living proof of that.

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#220  Edited By Timandm

@9th Wonder said:

Anne Hathaway as Catwoman= COLOSSAL FAILURE.

I can't help but feel the same way... However, I also didn't think Heath Ledger would make a good Joker and MAN was I wrong. I have never seen the joker portrayed so well... So, I'm hoping Anne will surprise us as well...

Degalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By Degalon

@Timandm: Eh...Heath Ledger made an excellent villain...he didn't make a very good Joker though.

The only Joker-ish performance in the entire film was the hospital scene.

As for this costume...why are they going with the 60s look, when Catwoman's new costume suits the Nolan-verse so much more?

How in the hell did they manage to screw up both Bane AND Catwoman, who are two of the ONLY Batman villains who had "real world" costumes to begin with?!

Druid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By Druid

I prefer the more recent costumes where she has her head covered. Come on, a mask that only covers the eyes just doesn't cut it. That doesn't protect your identity. This costume makes her look like the catwoman from the campy 1960's Batman show.

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By Timandm

@Degalon said:

@Timandm: Eh...Heath Ledger made an excellent villain...he didn't make a very good Joker though.

As for this costume...why are they going with the 60s look, when Catwoman's new costume suits the Nolan-verse so much more?

How in the hell did they manage to screw up both Bane AND Catwoman, who are two of the ONLY Batman villains who had "real world" costumes to begin with?!

I think he portrayed the Joker as presented in "The Dark Knight" by Frank Miller (The book not the movie) and "The Killing Joke." A criminal who is a genius AND insane...

As to why they went with the, we'll say 'classic', Catwoman costume? I'm just guessing, but they had to put Anne Hathaway in something that made her sexy... I'm guessing that was the best they can do... I would like to have seen the newer costume used as well...

Avatar image for scarlettexashes
    scarlettexashes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By scarlettexashes

Hm.

Im not a fan of the ears- I think theyre distracting and make the overall design look like a cheap costume. I think I could have lived without them. Though, I wish they would have done her big goggles...

Avatar image for ultimategirlshileha1236
    ultimategirlshileha1236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

is it bad to say i love halle berrys costume and this one is ok but it doesnt have anything to make it pop or stand out.

Summoboomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By Summoboomo

@Neuron said:

I like it. I just don't get the heels. Nolan has stuck to realism every time, and I'm not sure how she can justify fighting in those.

Maybe she stabs someone with them.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By entropy_aegis

@Degalon said:

Speak for yourself,but Bane looks cool for now.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By entropy_aegis

@christopherwalken said:

Michelle Pfeiffer's shoes will be hard to fill. Halle Berry is living proof of that.

Anne's movie will be better at the very least.

perry_411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By perry_411

This movie is looking worse and worse..they should stop leaking awful things.

Silkcuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 730

User Lists: 13

#230  Edited By Silkcuts
    @perry_411 said:

This movie is looking worse and worse..they should stop leaking awful things.

Catwoman is suppose to ooze sex appeal, I am a straight guy and I think I am more excited to see Bane.
    perry_411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By perry_411

@Silkcuts: Maybe re-evaluate the sexuality, then ;)

Raven575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#232  Edited By Raven575

@cattlebattle: I agree with Gary Oldman

Silkcuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 730

#233  Edited By Silkcuts
    @perry_411 said:

@Silkcuts: Maybe re-evaluate the sexuality, then ;)

I said more excited about Bane...lol
    never said it was sexual.

Anne Hathaway is just not aging well for me.
    Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#234  Edited By Samimista

Eh not sure what to think of the outfit really. The mask just bothers me...

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#235  Edited By Hector

I'm actually beginning to like Catwoman's design in this movie. Looks like they are going from the 1960's Catwoman.

No Caption Provided
    InvisibleKitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By InvisibleKitty

that looks like old Catwoman from the Batman and Robin Show in the 70's LOL

SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By SpidermanWins

not as hot as 1960s or Arkham City Catwoman. But Anne Hathaway is an amazing actor... still.

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
    sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would still marry Anne Hathaway.

DP812

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#239  Edited By DP812

@MrCipher said:

OK Nolan chose the wrong leading lady...again. Maggie Gyllenhal should have played the Joker in the last movie and now we have a dumpy, fat leg, big @$$ cat woman who looks like a thousand and one "cat girl" costumes on a wide variety of online games (actually some of those costumes are better than this). She pretty much looks like a pear in skin-tight leather.

The fact that you use "dumpy, fat leg, big @$$" to describe Hathaway proves you have absolutely zero idea what a woman actually looks like.

All these negative comments remind me about all the negative comments when images of Heath Ledger as the Joker first started coming out. Those negative commentators sure shut up real quick once they saw the movie. I imagine that will be the same thing here.

Maybe 'net nerds should try something new: wait until you've seen the movie before you start to bitch about it. Just a thought.

soap on a rope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By soap on a rope

i really hope that it's a smokescreen, because it looks awful. not just because i was hoping for the big goggles and cowl from the modern costume, i really don't care as long as whatever it is looks good- which that doesn't. so i really hope it's a smokescreen for the spy photographers. unfortunately, i don't think it is. bane, batman's helicopter thing, bane's truck, bane's device, and just about everything else has been allowed to hit the net without Nolan trying to trick us, so I don't see why he'd just have Catwoman's costume be a secret but all those other things not. i hope i'm wrong, but i don't think so.

DefaultProphet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By DefaultProphet

There's some speculation that the ears are just her goggles pushed up onto her head. That makes sense and would be cool if true.

Avatar image for purpleshadow1208
    PurpleShadow1208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It looks like the 1960 Batman Costume but it also have that new Catwoman costume of today. I love it but like all of us I hope she wears some goggles.

JBBuc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By JBBuc

@ImperiousRix said:

As much as this looks "sillier", at least she looks like Catwoman now.

And pretty sexy to boot...

She does not look sexy, comfortable, or like Catwoman. This is a terrible costume.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
    deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

Wow! How could  I miss this? Anyways, MUUUUUUCH BETTER.

WonderBoy1132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By WonderBoy1132

Okay I understand a majority of us are upset about this costume.. (me including) but seriously lets take a moment and realize that we are seeing the costume off the screen. I am sure that digital editing/rendering will be involved in some way. Okay, maybe I'm being optimistic. At least I'll try it for awhile.....

EdBlank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By EdBlank

Weak. Fail.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#249  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

Looks stupid.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.