Follow

Catwoman

Character » Catwoman appears in 3420 issues.

Catwoman is a fictional character originating from DC Comics. Under the costumed alias of Catwoman, Selina Kyle, is a cat burglar with an on-again, off-again, romantic relationship with Batman. She is shown as a woman who is very strong-willed, independent and morally dubious.

First Look: Anne Hathaway as Catwoman with Mask and Ears

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#51  Edited By entropy_aegis

@Gambit1024 said:

@entropy_aegis: Your one opinion. There are thousands of fans (including myself) that actually likes those characters. Sorry your opinion is different than mine?

I have read most of the stories featuring those characters,atleast 90-95% excluding Pre-crisis.I just need to catch up a little on classic Black Mask.Either way i stand by what i said,those thousands like Black Mask and Hush cause they only know them through a wiki and they like Freeze and Riddler due to the cartoons.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#52  Edited By daredevil21134

@entropy_aegis said:

@Gambit1024 said:

@entropy_aegis: Your one opinion. There are thousands of fans (including myself) that actually likes those characters. Sorry your opinion is different than mine?

I have read most of the stories featuring those characters,atleast 90-95% excluding Pre-crisis.I just need to catch up a little on classic Black Mask.Either way i stand by what i said,those thousands like Black Mask and Hush cause they only know them through a wiki and they like Freeze and Riddler due to the cartoons.

I actually like Hush and two face from the comics, but I still found your list funny

GBrutality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By GBrutality

i'm so conflicted on this. i personally like anne hathaway and think she's very attractive. i also think that the costume (though the heels are really goddamn tall) looks just fine the way it is. that being said, i kind of am confused toward the general direction of the head and face. the ears are barely noticeable and don't look like they're attached to anything which wouldn't make much sense. the mask thing looks sort of bad and borderline stupid. and her neon lipstick she puts on for crime fighting is lovely shade of hooker-red. i just hope anne hathaway's bubbly persona can be ditched for the role.

but i trust nolan entirely that this will somehow look damn good, he'll make her act the part correctly, and all our worries will be laid to rest.

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By RainEffect

From a completely male stand-point ... 

She's looking fine.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By _Zombie_

@MrCipher said:

OK Nolan chose the wrong leading lady...again. Maggie Gyllenhal should have played the Joker in the last movie and now we have a dumpy, fat leg, big @$$ cat woman who looks like a thousand and one "cat girl" costumes on a wide variety of online games (actually some of those costumes are better than this). She pretty much looks like a pear in skin-tight leather.

Why can't he find a woman who has Michelle Pfieffer's sexiness and acting ability (probably because few if any actresses can come close to her now).

Being a little harsh, aren't we?

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By entropy_aegis

@daredevil21134 said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@Gambit1024 said:

I actually like Hush and two face from the comics, but I still found your list funny

I just don't like the praise these villians get,many would claim that these are some of the best villians ever and as a pro on all these characters it completly baffles me.

Avatar image for jorok_goldblade
    jorok_goldblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#57  Edited By jorok_goldblade

Wasn't expecting a nod to Julie Newmar's costume from the Adam West series, but no complaints here. I still suspect this is another prototype, though. The mask looks a little rough (Although that could be the quality of the camera.) Hathaway did imply that the Cat Suit would be a work in progress throughout the film.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#58  Edited By daredevil21134

@entropy_aegis said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@Gambit1024 said:

I just don't like the praise these villians get,many would claim that these are some of the best villians ever and as a pro on all these characters it completly baffles me.

After Hush got owned by Catwoman all my respect for him went out the window.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#59  Edited By Gambit1024

@entropy_aegis: Oh, I agree with that. I don't think Freeze and Riddler are the best, but that doesn't mean they're terrible. The best Batman villains are the ones that actually get on his nerves or the ones that can break him (physically, that is). Joker, Ra's, and Bane are prime examples of his best villains.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#60  Edited By Magian

I don't like it. She looks weird.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By entropy_aegis

@daredevil21134 said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@Gambit1024 said:

After Hush got owned by Catwoman all my respect for him went out the window.

Ironic,Selina kicked him out through her window LMAO.@Gambit1024 said:

@entropy_aegis: Oh, I agree with that. I don't think Freeze and Riddler are the best, but that doesn't mean they're terrible. The best Batman villains are the ones that actually get on his nerves or the ones that can break him (physically, that is). Joker, Ra's, and Bane are prime examples of his best villains.

Okay i agree with this.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#62  Edited By Pokeysteve

@weaponxxx said:

@Pokeysteve said:

It's probably real. Nolan sucks with Bat villains. Ras and Scarecrow had so much potential =/

I disagree. Ras and Scarecrow were great. Liam Neeson was a great if unique choice for Ras and Cillian Murphy was the perfect choice for scarecrow. Nolan cast well again for Joker and Two Face. Eckhart was great and Ledger was sublime. Really if there was any weak casting it was Bale. Bale is perfectly serviceable as Batman and was quite good as Bruce Wayne but there was something inherently silly about him (the voice). Tom Hardy is going to make a great Bane but Hathaway has troubled me from the start. I don't think she can do it. What pisses me off is that Marion Cotillard was cast as a love interest when she would have been a fantastic catwoman. I don't think Hathaway is good enough and she looks ridiculous. Gary Oldman is right to be skeptical

I'm definitely not saying his casting choices were bad. Neeson had that distinguished look and sound about him that I really liked. I have always hated that Nolan went realistic with everything. An immortal Ras who actually showed some skill himself would have been preferred. Murphy was great AS Scarecrow but when looked ridiculous in a suit, tie and sack over his head. It's a small gripe but it ruined him for me. Silly I know haha. Two-Face I've always thought was a crap villain. He doesn't ever actually do anything. I can't buy the fact that a former DA with pistols can challenge some one like Bruce but I though Nolan nailed his character the best. It translated the best.

Heath, again, did a great job AS the Joker but I hated his Joker. He kills maybe 15 people that entire 5 hour movie. If you're an insurance company than yes, he's a frightening fellow. Not so much otherwise. If it were me, at the end, I would have had him blow up at least one of those boats anyways and then laugh his ass off. Just cause. Bale sucks though. With his grumbly voice and minor lisp.

I'm not liking Hardy as Bane so far but I'm waiting to see more of him before making a final judgment. They should have gotten a 6ft 8in body builder. No way is Hardy going to be big enough.

Agent_Romanov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Agent_Romanov

I saw a different photo of Anne´s Ears and look like the ears are the googles but lifted up...

uroboros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#64  Edited By uroboros

I was really hoping for a hoof/cowl into mask as opposed to a domino and a cheap set of cat ears..eh..oh well..I'm sure I'll still love it..

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#65  Edited By TDK_1997

Looks nice

diddy310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By diddy310

Might just be seeing things, but it looks like those might be her goggles attached to the mask on a hinge and not cat ears (though they do loosely form that shape in that position) Looks like there's a yellow lens visible in the 2nd pic as well.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Pokeysteve

@entropy_aegis said:

@Pokeysteve said:

It's probably real. Nolan sucks with Bat villains. Ras and Scarecrow had so much potential =/

Really,Ra's was still the same guy who was destroying societies which he felt no longer contibuted to the world,Scarecrow was NAILED perfectly,he has always been like that,a one trick pony who never did anything after his first encounter with Batman,100% true.

The pics are legit,i would have preferred if her mask covered her ears as well.

There is more to Ras then eco-terrorism. I would have liked to have seen Ras actually fighting Bruce. A Lazarus pit. Some back story about how he's hundreds of years old. We'll never have anything like that with Nolan making these. I'm not going to argue about Scarecrow. He was all right but it just felt like something was missing. Close enough though. Wouldn't mind seeing him again. For the most part I agree with Gambit1024 and have been saying it for years. Let Nolan be done so we can get a better Batman AND maybe a Justice League movie.

I'm not even sure what I'd like to see in her costume. She's had so many. Most of them are silly for one reason or another. I'm kind of biased though because I've always hated Catwoman. Aside from T&A I don't understand the fan base she has.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @Pokeysteve said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@Pokeysteve said:

Really,Ra's was still the same guy who was destroying societies which he felt no longer contibuted to the world,Scarecrow was NAILED perfectly,he has always been like that,a one trick pony who never did anything after his first encounter with Batman,100% true.

There is more to Ras then eco-terrorism. I would have liked to have seen Ras actually fighting Bruce. A Lazarus pit. Some back story about how he's hundreds of years old. We'll never have anything like that with Nolan making these. I'm not going to argue about Scarecrow. He was all right but it just felt like something was missing. Close enough though. Wouldn't mind seeing him again. For the most part I agree with Gambit1024 and have been saying it for years. Let Nolan be done so we can get a better Batman AND maybe a Justice League movie.

I'm not even sure what I'd like to see in her costume. She's had so many. Most of them are silly for one reason or another. I'm kind of biased though because I've always hated Catwoman. Aside from T&A I don't understand the fan base she has.

The pits and the backstory we might get in TDKR and he did fight Bruce.
    _transgojobot_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By _transgojobot_

C'mon, folks, it's just those wacky, cyber goggles of her's just pushed up and over her head.

That aside, I'm going to ignore those ridiculous silver heels, and just pretend they're there to add height to the actress. I trust Chris Nolan completely, so I can't imagine he, his brother and David S. Goyer okay-ed that absurd costume addition.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @_transgojobot_ said:

C'mon, folks, it's just those wacky, cyber goggles of her's just pushed up and over her head.

That aside, I'm going to ignore those ridiculous silver heels, and just pretend they're there to add height to the actress. I trust Chris Nolan completely, so I can't imagine he, his brother and David S. Goyer okay-ed that absurd costume addition.

Yes you're correct,the ears are part of the goggles.
    Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#71  Edited By Decept-O

Hard to discern but all I can say right now is...Meeoooww... :)

Avatar image for chipsnopotatoes
    chipsnopotatoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#72  Edited By chipsnopotatoes

I like this Julie Newmar inspired one a lot. I'm glad Nolan went for something different from the comics.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Pokeysteve

@entropy_aegis said:

@Pokeysteve said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@Pokeysteve said:

The pits and the backstory we might get in TDKR and he did fight Bruce.

I remember the pictures. My metaphorical fingers are crossed. A little fight on a train. Barely counts.

gangly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#74  Edited By gangly

@Sapphire Warlock said:

Um...This is a movie. Based on a comic book. About a girl who swings around a city, fighting and being stealthy with heels on. In other words, fiction. Suspend reality for a second. It's possible.

Alright Mr. Sassy, you're completely missing my point. I said that this costume feels like it doesn't fit in Nolan's strictly real Gotham. I'd love an interpretation that suspends reality WAY more than these movies, but that's not what these specific flicks are about.

Burton's Catwoman looked fine in heels kicking dudes and running around, because she was surrounded by a whole bunch of stylized, kooky stuff. I just fear that putting the same improbable design in a world where everything should make sense, well... just won't make any sense.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure she actually had boots in the previous images we've seen, so hopefully my "this is doomed to fail prototype" theory is correct.

goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By goldenkey

stupid

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @Pokeysteve said:

@weaponxxx said:

@Pokeysteve said:

I disagree. Ras and Scarecrow were great. Liam Neeson was a great if unique choice for Ras and Cillian Murphy was the perfect choice for scarecrow. Nolan cast well again for Joker and Two Face. Eckhart was great and Ledger was sublime. Really if there was any weak casting it was Bale. Bale is perfectly serviceable as Batman and was quite good as Bruce Wayne but there was something inherently silly about him (the voice). Tom Hardy is going to make a great Bane but Hathaway has troubled me from the start. I don't think she can do it. What pisses me off is that Marion Cotillard was cast as a love interest when she would have been a fantastic catwoman. I don't think Hathaway is good enough and she looks ridiculous. Gary Oldman is right to be skeptical

I'm definitely not saying his casting choices were bad. Neeson had that distinguished look and sound about him that I really liked. I have always hated that Nolan went realistic with everything. An immortal Ras who actually showed some skill himself would have been preferred. Murphy was great AS Scarecrow but when looked ridiculous in a suit, tie and sack over his head. It's a small gripe but it ruined him for me. Silly I know haha. Two-Face I've always thought was a crap villain. He doesn't ever actually do anything. I can't buy the fact that a former DA with pistols can challenge some one like Bruce but I though Nolan nailed his character the best. It translated the best.

Heath, again, did a great job AS the Joker but I hated his Joker. He kills maybe 15 people that entire 5 hour movie. If you're an insurance company than yes, he's a frightening fellow. Not so much otherwise. If it were me, at the end, I would have had him blow up at least one of those boats anyways and then laugh his ass off. Just cause. Bale sucks though. With his grumbly voice and minor lisp.

I'm not liking Hardy as Bane so far but I'm waiting to see more of him before making a final judgment. They should have gotten a 6ft 8in body builder. No way is Hardy going to be big enough.

I think Hardy will do a fine job,size,weight none of those bother me,coming from a Bane expert.I dont see the fuss,it's not he's a dwarf compared to Batman.As long as he channels Bane properly i'm sold.Hardy's Bane seems like he's the closest thing to Bane than any other portrayal of the character ever,based on what i'm seeing from the leaked footage.
    zackattack529

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By zackattack529

@Pokeysteve: he actually did a very good job with those characters, nolan is trying to bring a noir sense of style to the films. so it would only make sense the characters fit that way as well. darker and more real. i mean look what he did with joker...i mean cmon! you cant tell me thats not epic!?

jubilee042

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#78  Edited By jubilee042

i like it

LordRequiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#79  Edited By LordRequiem

If that is the real one I think it looks too much like Scarlett Johanson's Black Widow costume. Also, I think the ears might fold down like goggles or something, maybe.

RiddlingGambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By RiddlingGambit

Not digging it

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Pokeysteve

@entropy_aegis said:

I think Hardy will do a fine job,size,weight none of those bother me,coming from a Bane expert.I dont see the fuss,it's not he's a dwarf compared to Batman.As long as he channels Bane properly i'm sold.Hardy's Bane seems like he's the closest thing to Bane than any other portrayal of the character ever,based on what i'm seeing from the leaked footage.

When it comes to film, I'm a stickler for the details. A 5ft 2in Wonder Woman, a Superman with red hair, a black Wally West; these things would ruin these characters for me. I'm hoping for a great Bane though. Such an awesome character.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Pokeysteve

@zackattack529 said:

@Pokeysteve: he actually did a very good job with those characters, nolan is trying to bring a noir sense of style to the films. so it would only make sense the characters fit that way as well. darker and more real. i mean look what he did with joker...i mean cmon! you cant tell me thats not epic!?

I hated his Joker. He was just a trouble maker. It's as simple as that. He only murders a little more than a dozen people and a few of them were criminals. Ledger did a great job and you really believed he was crazy but he wasn't that scary. My perfect Joker, you'd be afraid just to be in the same room with him because he might kill you and then piss himself laughing. I realize my opinions on Nolan are in the minority.

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#83  Edited By KainScion

its the same costume people. only with the zipper up!!!! WORST CAST EVER!!!!

TornadoZadar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By TornadoZadar

NEW TRAILER http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCZdatww69w

maelevikus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By maelevikus

I am so gonna marry Anne Hathaway now! She's gorgeous.

leokearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#86  Edited By leokearon

It is a very 60's feel to it

still I like it

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#87  Edited By Billy Batson

eh...
    BB

Band Lone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Band Lone

WHERE THE HELL IS HER COWL?!

Oh Nolan you slay meeeeee! >.>

So far Im staying with this hot mama

Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Meowshi

What is Chris Nolan doing?!

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#90  Edited By ReVamp

@sora_thekey said:

Sadly, all I can personally think of is: "Why?!". While I do think that Catwoman should have cat ears, why was it decided that hers' would look this way? All of Batman's ensemble in the Nolan films has a purpose. What is the purpose of the Halloween-headband cat ears? At least we now know she will share a scene with Commissioner Gordon.

Exactly what I thought.

Migz13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Migz13

Looks very Julie Newmar which isn't actually an entirely bad thing. I love the fact that it still has a good reason why it's up there, and that's because it's what happens when her goggles retract back up her head making them look like 'cat ears'.

azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By azza04

I wanted her to have Catwomans latest costume from the comics :(

TornadoZadar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By TornadoZadar

www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCZdatww69w

garrison12795

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#94  Edited By garrison12795

I miss Michelle Pfeiffer.

TornadoZadar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By TornadoZadar

NEW TRAILER FOR DARK KNIGHT http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCZdatww69w

Nighthound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Nighthound

@cattlebattle said:

Thats looks good, Gary Oldman looks skeptical!!

Me too....

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Phaedrusgr

@cattlebattle: I think he likes the spectacle...lol...

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By entropy_aegis

@Pokeysteve said:

@entropy_aegis said:

When it comes to film, I'm a stickler for the details. A 5ft 2in Wonder Woman, a Superman with red hair, a black Wally West; these things would ruin these characters for me. I'm hoping for a great Bane though. Such an awesome character.

Hmmm depends,i'm honestly not bothered by Bane's size.Hardy's worked out and he's known for playing physical roles.

@garrison12795 said:

I miss Michelle Pfeiffer.

You know Pfeiffer was a 100 times more sillier.I mean she barely walked,instead she used to flip and back flip which she learned after falling a dozen stories.Puhleeeease.

jcbart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By jcbart

Eh, it looks like a Halloween costume rather than anything that could ever be regarded as "practical thief-wear". Hopefully this is a red herring or perhaps they go to a Halloween ball and she dresses up as 'Catwoman' (as an Easter Egg to fans) and in actual fact has a far more practical ensemble for when she takes to the rooftops. I hope.

TheSheepHerder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By TheSheepHerder

It looks alright.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.